Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Reputation System - Alteration

The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

RE: Reputation System - Alteration
One or two people sounding like kids who've had their favorite toy taken away.

I remember feeling the same when dad took my air rifle away because I wouldn't use it sensibly.

I can see he was 100% right, though. Now that I've grown up
03-11-2012 13:57
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

(03-11-2012 12:16 )skateguy Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 11:57 )gazfc Wrote:  You may aswell get rid of it as its pointless now

Unfortunately, while the negative rep fucntion may have once served a minimal purpose, its regular misuse by a minority of members, to leave exceptionally abusive comments or to engage in regular 'off-forum' spats, has led to this. While I wouldn't ever argue that the system had a 'point', I'm quite happy for that minority to now view the system as pointless.
The regular off-Forum spats are outside your jurisdiction & will no doubt continue.Yet you have given this as part of your reason behind altering the rep system.Should we not make sure we keep our own house in order before looking elsewhere.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
03-11-2012 15:13
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

I think it's a good move to get rid of negative reputations because I always thought it was a flawed concept anyway, in that newly registered members could give negatives out without contributing anything to the forum.
03-11-2012 15:27
MONEY BANG Offline
Senior Poster

(03-11-2012 15:27 )elgar1uk Wrote:  I think it's a good move to get rid of negative reputations because I always thought it was a flawed concept anyway, in that newly registered members could give negatives out without contributing anything to the forum.

Why would newly registered members want to give negative reps?
03-11-2012 15:41
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

(03-11-2012 15:13 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  The regular off-Forum spats are outside your jurisdiction & will no doubt continue.Yet you have given this as part of your reason behind altering the rep system.Should we not make sure we keep our own house in order before looking elsewhere.

I wasn't very clear - by 'off-forum' I meant outside of posting in forum threads, while still being part of this site - such as the reputation system.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
03-11-2012 15:44
Owned by Kelly Bell

So the natural progression would be for members to adhere to a rule of making only positive posts.Goodbye Forum hello Fanzone,welcome to utopia.

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

03-11-2012 15:50
Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

(03-11-2012 15:27 )elgar1uk Wrote:  I think it's a good move to get rid of negative reputations because I always thought it was a flawed concept anyway, in that newly registered members could give negatives out without contributing anything to the forum.

Yet its ok for current members to flood models and "pink" names with positive reps after having contributed nothing...???

Its equally flawed the other way..

Amber springs to mind having not even posted on the forum yet flooded with reps...

Also when people have come back repping and neg repping who have had multiple accounts which even led to one person having a positive, a negative and a neutral all from the same person!!!
03-11-2012 15:52
iloveMegan Offline
And Rebecca Jade

But they could leave positive reps too, by your logic any rep system would be a flawed concept unless a poster had "contribute" something first.

"You are rude" - Michelle Thorne
"haha ilM you sick bastard" - Rev Tsu

This is the internet! How else can I communicate with you other than from behind my computer screen?
03-11-2012 15:52
Owned by Kelly Bell

(03-11-2012 15:44 )skateguy Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 15:13 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  The regular off-Forum spats are outside your jurisdiction & will no doubt continue.Yet you have given this as part of your reason behind altering the rep system.Should we not make sure we keep our own house in order before looking elsewhere.

I wasn't very clear - by 'off-forum' I meant outside of posting in forum threads, while still being part of this site - such as the reputation system.

I must have been reading too much into it.

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

03-11-2012 15:53
magnesia5040 Offline
Senior Poster

This change wont help much if people can still leave bitchy comments like this and then take their names off:

[Image: NCyv7.jpg]

Barely had any interactions with this member, I assume its cuz he don't like who I talk to on twitter
03-11-2012 15:59