Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Is It Time For The Channels To Make A Deal With Ofcom

Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Is It Time For The Channels To Make A Deal With Ofcom
Now as you know we all live in a very corrupt world so why not offer ofcom some kind of deal that would allow the channels to perhaps broadcast more explicit shows than are allowed at present.

The sort of deals I was thinking of would be along the lines of the channels giving ofcom 10% of their profits in exchange that they turn a blind eye so to speak.

Backhander deals are being done all the time, so why not with the channels and ofcom. I know it sounds desperate but let's be honest after viewing last nights fair that's exactly how I'd sum up the currrent climate.

Rather than bow down to ofcom or stick 2 fingers up to them, what about a deal that keeps both parties happy. Your thoughts.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 13:29 by Scottishbloke.)
08-11-2012 13:19
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

RE: Is It Time For The Channels To Make A Deal With Ofcom
If you're talking about paying Ofcom as an organisation then alot of people at Ofcom would be risking their careers without gaining anything personally.
It would also be a massive risk to the channels if they approached anyone with this as they could be reported for attempted bribery.

All in all, a complete non-starter imo.
08-11-2012 13:43
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

Stupid idea.

Whether you like the content they are putting out or not, fact is the channels are making a profit from it, why would they risk shut down and imprisonment just so you can see a bit stronger material. And lets face it, most of the channels now have cam shows on the web where they can sell stronger stuff, so maybe they are quite happy with the tamer nature of the tv shows as it makes their cam shows a bigger sell.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
08-11-2012 14:31
dirtbag Offline
Twilight Zone Exempt

Erm because there is probably a large number of people who work for the department and possibly some of them don't fancy jail time. Also the channels would rather take a drop in revenue rather than pay Ofcom out of any gain in profit.
08-11-2012 14:38
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

Bribery for something like this shouldn't be a crime though. Ofcom creating their own rules is a crime on its own!

I don't think paying them would work though anyway, and the channels seem to scam so much, that I doubt they'd ever willingly pay Ofcom anything.
08-11-2012 15:12
sala Offline
Junior Poster

money talks.
08-11-2012 16:55
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Yes you could call it bribery, but that's nothing unusual when it comes to politics and I hardly think the words prison should enter the equation here. Ofcom are bent and corrupt and have been for the past 10 years so if you can't beat them then you may aswell join them. It would be less expensive than the babe channels seeking revenge down the legal route. Better shows and ofcom get 10% of the profits, everybodys happy. If anybody has any better idea's that would be more of a legal persuasion then that would be ideal but we've been going around in circles for the past few years on this forum only to find the current shows more censored than ever. Maybe a backhander is the only answer. I mean might it have prevented the demise of Bangbabes for example or Sportxxx which went bankrupt due to the amount of legal fees they spent on challenging ofcom, only to be defeated.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 17:15 by Scottishbloke.)
08-11-2012 17:10
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

I agree that this whole bribery crime thing is just silly! People bribe each other all of the time, and on most occasions it shouldn't be a crime, UNLESS you're bribing someone to cover up or commit a crime!

However, I think Ofcom would worry that if they were ever found out, that they'd be made fools of. Wait, haven't they already been made fools of? Tongue

Maybe the channels could agree to send a message before each session, stating how one should always be safe when being sexual, and to take precautions to avoid STDs and such. Then the women could state that they have made sure that each woman is healthy yadda yadda yadda, and that sexuality is nothing to be ashamed of, and that it should always be a mutual act etc. A big smiley face appears on the screen, with a rainbow, and a little disclaimer about sexual awareness and how these channels can be blocked etc etc

After that, the show begins and the women can do what they like, or at least much more than they can do at the moment Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 18:06 by mrmann.)
08-11-2012 17:16
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Well that's a great idea. So I guess what I'm looking for is suggestions legal or ilegal on ways in which the channel execs could perhaps make a deal with ofcom in some way. Your idea was great mrmann.

I personally think get rid of the sleazy music for a start and give it a bit of class instead. Presentation should be changed too. OK so it's a televised sex show but I mean does it have to be so blantently obvious.

We could have such themes as art model or fitness sets as a route to go down, instead of phoning up for a sex chat, you could phone up for exercise tips instead such as seeing some yoga positions. Leg over the head overcourse with pussy lips showing and pass it off as educational Big Laugh

It's all how you market the shows Cool
08-11-2012 17:34
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

^
Haha, good idea Tongue
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 18:06 by mrmann.)
08-11-2012 17:56