Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Is It Time For The Channels To Make A Deal With Ofcom

dirtbag Offline
Twilight Zone Exempt

RE: Is It Time For The Channels To Make A Deal With Ofcom
I know the shows are going down hill when I find this thread more entertaining.

I think Ofcom should make the following changes :-

The so called watershed should be moved to 10pm to allow the children to be safely tucked up in bed out of harms way. This would further reduce the risk of a child clapping eyes on a pair of tits and scaring them for life.

Parents who are unable to work out that a TV can be removed from a child's bedroom if they can't be trusted should be shot.

Programming before 10pm should have a strict policy of no nudity of any kind, no swearing of any kind, no violence of any kind. In fact all that should be shown are reruns of Blue Peter on every channel.

Programming after 10pm should have a strict policy of full nudity at all times, swearing at every opportunity and squeeze in a bit of violence where necessary to keep the Council Estate/Commoners happy.

Job done.
14-11-2012 12:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sala Offline
Junior Poster

I think that maybe bribing ofcom isn‘t such a good idea. And a big apology to scottish bloke for making him look weak. Sad
14-11-2012 13:36
Rise Offline
L' énigme, elle est très belle

[Image: image-F07B_50A3CBD3.jpg]
14-11-2012 17:51
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

(14-11-2012 13:36 )sala Wrote:  I think that maybe bribing ofcom isn‘t such a good idea. And a big apology to scottish bloke for making him look weak. Sad

Quick, get in contact with the channels, 'cause I'm sure they'll also agree that it's an awesome idea. Honest. Big Grin
14-11-2012 18:29
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(14-11-2012 12:50 )dirtbag Wrote:  I know the shows are going down hill when I find this thread more entertaining.

I think Ofcom should make the following changes :-

The so called watershed should be moved to 10pm to allow the children to be safely tucked up in bed out of harms way. This would further reduce the risk of a child clapping eyes on a pair of tits and scaring them for life.

Im not sure why we are still having this debate at all when it is becoming increasingly clear that the main cause of harm to children over the past 50 years was a TV presenter, not content.

Quote:Programming after 10pm should have a strict policy of full nudity at all times, swearing at every opportunity and squeeze in a bit of violence where necessary to keep the Council Estate/Commoners happy.

Oh yes. Except John Humphries.

Gone fishing
15-11-2012 02:05
Grawth Offline
Senior Poster

(14-11-2012 00:31 )snookered147 Wrote:  I sometimes wonder whether a compromise may be to make all the channels encrypted from 10pm until 5.30 and a rigorous registration procedure used to ensure the person who will type in any encryption code or codes post registration is over 18. In exchange Ofcom could relax the rules quite substantially and allow the shows to be something more like they should be with harder and better content. Maybe its just me having a mad thought eek but I'm getting a bit desperate. I would have no objections to typing in a few registration details on a one off basis and then typing in a few encryption codes now and again in exchange for better content.

I've suggested this several times. It usually gets a few supporters, and a few people who say that having to tap in a pin number will ruin their channel hopping.

What I will say is that if you ignore the FTA channels and concentrate on the subscription channels there are two distinct models (at least on MY box). I have previously subscribed to the Adult Channel / Playboy package, and also to the TVX / RedHot package. Both adult channels, both showing obviously a lot more than can be shown on FTA babeshows. The Adult Channel lot I had to put in a pin every time I switched channels, couldn't record on the skybox but still enjoyed the content. The TVX lot I NEVER had to put a pin in and could always record.

So clearly there is a model where you can register as a viewer, be accepted as an adult, and still NOT need a pin. If it works for TVX then why can't it work for the Babe Channels?

My answer: because they don't want it to.
15-11-2012 22:23
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Nail. Head.

And Sky could send out an update so the PIN only has to be entered once a day.

Gone fishing
16-11-2012 01:55