Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Is It Time For The Channels To Make A Deal With Ofcom

Chilly Away
Posting Machine

RE: Is It Time For The Channels To Make A Deal With Ofcom
If an idea is stupid, well, it's stupid. And this idea is indeed 'stupid'. A start would be for the channels to stop playing silly beggars by using Ofcom in order to grass each other up. Rolleyes When will they learn?
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 18:34 by Chilly.)
11-11-2012 18:28
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(11-11-2012 14:04 )sala Wrote:  If you are being respectful then yes you should say it is a great idea.

It's ironic that this is an anti-Ofcom thread, yet you seek to behave in exactly the same way. Ofcom think they know best about what we should and should not watch, and you think you know best about what we should and should not be allowed to say. In the same way that OfCom want to dictate what we watch on the gounds of taste and decency, you want to dictate what we say on the same kind of grounds, so you're actually just another censor but ironically posting in a thread that's anti-censorship.
12-11-2012 14:18
Addison Away
Lukewarm water

(11-11-2012 14:04 )sala Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 13:30 )admiral decker Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 12:34 )sala Wrote:  i say it amounts to bullying.

So saying that someone's proposal (of criminal activity) is complete nonsense amounts to bullying does it? What are we supposed to say then, that we think it's a great idea and an intelligent contribution to the debate?

If you are being respectful then yes you should say it is a great idea [...]

You don't respect an idea on the basis of who comes up with it; you judge an idea on its merits. I can come up with a bad idea on impulse, and post it, and if people point out its shortcomings, I ought to be able to concede that it's a bad idea on reflection, and even laugh about the stupidity of my haste in posting it and not ultimately take offence, if I'm fairly balanced and not an egomaniac, concerned mainly with curating my forum profile, and filling the thanks bar of posts and receiving positive reps (the existence of all this back-slap stuff should seriously come up for review; the drive to accrue reps is encouraging people to create cack threads and needless polls.).
12-11-2012 18:10
sala Offline
Junior Poster

(12-11-2012 14:18 )admiral decker Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 14:04 )sala Wrote:  If you are being respectful then yes you should say it is a great idea.

It's ironic that this is an anti-Ofcom thread, yet you seek to behave in exactly the same way. Ofcom think they know best about what we should and should not watch, and you think you know best about what we should and should not be allowed to say.

Ofcom controls the air waves in the way they see fit. Admin controls this forum in the way he sees fit.
xxx babeshows are not abusive (what scottishbloke is fighting for) but saying someone has gone crazy and mad is abusive hence the reason why scottish bloke has been too upset to continue posting on this thread. Sad
12-11-2012 19:24
trevor format Offline
Master Poster

(12-11-2012 19:24 )sala Wrote:  saying someone has gone mad is abusive

I can't believe you took that as a literal statement. Rolleyes

You must have had a sense of humour bypass operation. eek

But for the record, I still think that bribing Ofcom is a crazy idea. In my opinion making suggestions like that does more harm than good.
12-11-2012 20:13
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

As trevor says the original comment was clearly tongue in cheek. I'm almost senile and even I understood. Smile
12-11-2012 21:32
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

The reason I haven't made any posts in this thread just now just for the record is because I've been working. I'm not upset in the least Cool I'm knackered, I've been up since 0430am for the past few days.

But the idea of this thread was really just to get some ideas going on how if maybe or possible the channels could perhaps offer ofcom some sort of deal that would maybe just give them a bit more leeway.

As far as anybody thinking I have gone mad, well I take it with a pinch of salt. I don't really bother a fuck what people think about me, never have and never will and certainly won't lose any sleep over it Big Laugh

Cheers anyway Sala for the support but you know me by now. I'll always stand my ground, on the other hand I don't really hold any objections to the recent comments on this thread either. Each to their own I suppose Wink

Anyway like I said I'm absolutely fucking knackered. I'll post some ideas tommorow. I just wanted to quash any rumours that I am too upset to post. Not at all. I just can't be fucked Wink

I might post some caps later on if I manage to stay awake seeing as I now have a few days off to get my energy back Smile

PS - Fuck ofcom Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 22:21 by Scottishbloke.)
12-11-2012 22:20
sala Offline
Junior Poster

(12-11-2012 20:13 )trevor format Wrote:  I can't believe you took that as a literal statement. Rolleyes

You must have had a sense of humour bypass operation. eek

That wasn‘t what I said, with a moderator editing my post the context of my comparitive example holds no meaning. So my post was deprived of its meaning. If you remove a punch line from a joke you lose its purpose and it is rendered obsolete, just as my previous post is now meaningless.
12-11-2012 22:50
trevor format Offline
Master Poster

(12-11-2012 22:50 )sala Wrote:  That wasn‘t what I said,

What was it that you said then?

This was my original remark:

(10-11-2012 21:06 )trevor format Wrote:  Oh no! From reading this thread I realise that Scottishbloke has finally gone completely mad! eek

Are you taking that as a literal statement or not?
13-11-2012 18:59
sala Offline
Junior Poster

(13-11-2012 18:59 )trevor format Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 22:50 )sala Wrote:  That wasn‘t what I said,

What was it that you said then?

If I say it again it will be removed, obviously. Read the rep I gave you for a clue.
13-11-2012 19:11