gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average

FAO mods - admin

skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

RE: FAO mods/admin
G@Z! Wrote:why am i not allowed to post in smile tv fanzone when i was able to before the move i don't get it Sad

Not sure - but I imagine its a technical hangover from the hosting move Gaz. I'm sure Admin will look at it now you've brought it to his attention.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2009 19:25 by skateguy.)
24-03-2009 19:24
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
admin. Offline
Administrator

G@Z! Wrote:why am i not allowed to post in smile tv fanzone when i was able to before the move

G@Z!, I'm afraid there is no record of you having posting rights for the Smile TV fanzone. You need to apply.

Forum Admin
24-03-2009 19:50
Sm© Away
すべてが言われて終わった後

admin Wrote:
G@Z! Wrote:why am i not allowed to post in smile tv fanzone when i was able to before the move

G@Z!, I'm afraid there is no record of you having posting rights for the Smile TV fanzone. You need to apply.

Forum Admin
G@z! I think you posted in my thread before i moved it into the fan zone.
I put it there to keep out all the guests and moaners lol
24-03-2009 20:14
G@Z! Offline
Banned

thanks admin and smc but if i am classed as a moaner then fair enough Tongue
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2009 22:57 by G@Z!.)
24-03-2009 22:57
zodiac Offline
Junior Poster

Forum Is A Mess
Anyone agree..? jus seems very fragmented,we seem to have far too many individual forums,when you also consider its not a particulary active forum it just seems unnecessary to have all these threads,is it possible to maybe tidy things up a bit...? For example one dedicated sexstation forum should be adequate.
26-03-2009 04:34
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Forum Is A Mess
Some of the aspects that you identify as causing a mess are simply the nature of a forum based web-site. For example you suggest that its unnecessary to have all these threads, but discussion threads are exactly what constitute a forum. A forum is a realtime, dynamic, fluid and live discussion-based web-site. It reflects the diverse personalities and mindsets of the members and just like a verbal discussion within a big group, its likely that similar discussions will be held in different places at different times (i.e. inevitably, multiple threads on the same subject matter will be created time and time again and sometimes in the wrong place).

I'm not sure if you're aware, but a group of moderators are currently in the process of tidying up the forum, moving threads to the correct sections, removing 'dead' threads and also merging threads where appropriate. Its proving to be a long process as there are nearly 5,000 threads on this forum and over 90,000 posts to trawl through.

Regarding your concern that the forum is fragmented....its by dividing the forum up into sub forums, that members can more easily identify and view the threads that may be of interest to them. For example, I have little interest in viewing discussions on the sextstaion web-streams and know that if I were to view the main Sexstation forum that there should be no web-stream based threads there - making my viewing experience far simpler and more enjoyable. Imagine if there was no fragmentation at all, and all threads were just kept within one section...a forum without a categorised structure would be extremely difficult to use, especially for members seeking threads on niche subject areas or less popular channels.

You're obviously experiencing difficulty using the forum. Maybe I could give you a couple of pointers that you may not be aware of that could improve your browsing of the forum....

Firstly, if you want to find out what threads have been updated or what's new, then granted it would be extremely annoying if you had to enter each sub-forum to see what new threads and discussions were underway. Fortunately though, you don't need to do this as there are two functions at the top left of every page, titled 'View New Posts' and 'View Today's Posts'. By clicking on one of these you can see a list of all the new & current discussions in order of recency. Each thread in this view is also accompanied by an identification of which sub-forum it is part of, in order to assist you in deciding whether you wish to view the thread or not. The 'View New Posts' page is the page I stay on all of the time when I use the forum and I simply navigate to threads of interest from there - its very easy to use.

Two other functions that you may find useful are 'Subscribe to this Thread' and 'Add Thread to Favourites'. These functions are located right at the bottom of the page on the left.

Adding a thread or threads to your favourites means that you can then easily locate your favourite threads by viewing them in your Control Panel here http://www.babeshows.co.uk/usercp.php?action=favorites

Subscribing to a thread is similar to adding a favourite, as you can view your subscribed threads here http://www.babeshows.co.uk/usercp.php?ac...scriptions but also every-time a new post is made in a thread that you've subscribed to, you'll receive a notification by e-mail. This is particularly useful if you're interested in following a thread that isn't updated very often.

You can also view and alter some of your viewing preferences on this page in your control panel http://www.babeshows.co.uk/usercp.php?action=options (by the way you can access your control panel at any time by clicking on 'User CP' at the top left of the page).

If you're confused by any of these options then feel free to drop me a PM and I'll try and help out.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2009 13:56 by skateguy.)
26-03-2009 06:07
jimbo5030 Offline
Master Poster

im so sick of these fuckin threads, if u dont like it then bugger off cos we aint interested in people moaning all the fucking time

i aint rude, i just dont fucking like you
26-03-2009 07:29
zodiac Offline
Junior Poster

Firstly I have no record on this forum of moaning and thats not my intention,I think it important that members can offer opinions on making the forum better and also criticise when necessary without been told to flip off,and dont use "we" cause your only talking for yourself, if you dont like what you see,just move along please.
26-03-2009 18:06
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

zodiac Wrote:Anyone agree..? jus seems very fragmented,we seem to have far too many individual forums,when you also consider its not a particulary active forum it just seems unnecessary to have all these threads,is it possible to maybe tidy things up a bit...? For example one dedicated sexstation forum should be adequate.

Its people like you starting new threads all the time that makes this forum worse. I'm sure you could have found an existing thread to make your post in.
We are doing our best to keep this forum tidy but we have only been moderators for a short time. It was a lot worse before we started tidying up recently.
26-03-2009 18:34
zodiac Offline
Junior Poster

TheWatcher Wrote:Its people like you starting new threads all the time that makes this forum worse. I'm sure you could have found an existing thread to make your post in.
We are doing our best to keep this forum tidy but we have only been moderators for a short time. It was a lot worse before we started tidying up recently.

I'm going to leave it at this,if the only way you can defend your incompetence/inability is by trying to deflect the attention back to myself by somehow making me out to be a fault then that says all I need to know,my one thread making a point out of 100,s is causing this problem,what a ridiculous comment to make.
26-03-2009 19:31

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles