gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 2.94 Average

Service Interruption

m100 Away
Banned

RE: Service Interruption
Don't know if it's to do with how many people are on, my connection or the site settling down but the site has never worked as quick as it has this morning for me.

would all those wishing to take part in today's round of multiple username bingo please note emails must be submitted before 5pm
27-03-2009 09:41
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Digital Dave Away
Retired

Is anyone else using a Mac? My Macbook seems to be hanging on to the old DNS like grim death! I can't seem to flush it out of the system. The changeover took a long time for me (ISP Virgin Media) but finally yesterday I can see the proper site on my Windows PC but not the Mac.

On the Mac The IP address still resolves to the 'simple' version of the forum, via the picture of Lolly Badcock, but the babeshows.co.uk address either goes to that or to Host Gator's 'site not found' page (error 404).

I was blaming the ISP until yesterday but as the Windows machine works ok it can only be the Mac with the DNS problem.

I've used the standard 'flush DNS' command in terminal but it doesn't make any difference. Any advice from Mac users welcome!
27-03-2009 10:34
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

I'm using a Mac Digital Dave, and am not experiencing any problems - and haven't done for a few days. I'd like to offer some advice but am pretty sure you're more technically minded than I am, so whatever advice I could offer you, you'd already be aware of.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
27-03-2009 13:00
shatos Offline
Senior Poster

Is it just me or can nobody else use the view new post button?
27-03-2009 13:28
Mike Offline

shatos Wrote:Is it just me or can nobody else use the view new post button?

the view new posts button works ok for me
27-03-2009 13:30
Django Offline
Senior Poster

There seems to be a few problems still with this board is it still having maintenance done to it? Seem to be having a few problems getting on here
for over a week.
27-03-2009 19:18
admin. Offline
Administrator

There is no work being carried out on the forum at present, as the move to the forum's new home has been completed.

Forum Admin
27-03-2009 19:21
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

The Tiscali servers were still not updated with new address at 4.00pm today.
I tried with my laptop which has never been to this site before so it is not a cache, bookmark, history or cookie problem.
I am using the new fixed address in my hosts file on this desktop computer and its working perfectly.
27-03-2009 21:44
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

Using my normal ISP (Be*, part of O2) I've experienced no issues with the site.

However, I have a second ISP - Nildram - which I used today and I experienced all of the issues that other members mention. I could only access the site using 74.55.49.18 (i.e. not babeshows.co.uk) and was unable to login at all. 90% of the pages I accessed were presented in the awkward simple view (i.e. the regular style sheet wasn't applied).

As I've finished typing this I've just remembered that Nildram is owned by Tiscali.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
27-03-2009 21:57
doc7576 Offline
Master Poster

I use Nildram from work and have had no issues with the site for a few days. Big Grin
27-03-2009 22:23

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles