gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 2.94 Average

Service Interruption

skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Service Interruption
doc7576 Wrote:I use Nildram from work and have had no issues with the site for a few days. Big Grin

Stranger and stranger. I was using the same laptop, same browser and same location (different telephone line obviously). No matter for me given that I have an alternative ISP, but its a shame for those that are experiencing issues.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
27-03-2009 22:27
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Digital Dave Away
Retired

skateguy Wrote:Using my normal ISP (Be*, part of O2) I've experienced no issues with the site.

However, I have a second ISP - Nildram - which I used today and I experienced all of the issues that other members mention. I could only access the site using 74.55.49.18 (i.e. not babeshows.co.uk) and was unable to login at all. 90% of the pages I accessed were presented in the awkward simple view (i.e. the regular style sheet wasn't applied).

As I've finished typing this I've just remembered that Nildram is owned by Tiscali.

Just to update you on my little problem ...

I used my Mac laptop at work today and tried logging on to the site - it didn't work in either Windows or Mac (I have Windows installed on the Mac).

I had the same problems as your Nildram problems, Skateguy.

The ISP is Spitfire - sounds like a front end for a larger player but I've no idea who.

Anyway, I've just got home and fired up the Mac again - in Windows I can access the site fine but in any Mac browser it's still awful - the simple version of the site when using the IP address and the error 404 site when using the domain address. The ISP at home is Virgin.

I also tried changing the DNS servers on the router to Open DNS but it made no difference. I might try changing the DNS server settings on the Mac itself and see if that helps.

What a palaver! I blame the Chatback 'Reproducers' - it's bound to be their fault! Big Grin
27-03-2009 23:04
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

Digital Dave Wrote:I also tried changing the DNS servers on the router to Open DNS but it made no difference. I might try changing the DNS server settings on the Mac itself and see if that helps.

What a palaver! I blame the Chatback 'Reproducers' - it's bound to be their fault! Big Grin

Whenever I've used OpenDNS in the past I've just changed it in the System Preferences on the Mac - so hopefully that'll work for you.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2009 23:09 by skateguy.)
27-03-2009 23:08
Shandy Offline

i'm using virgin net and its all hunky dory on win xp, vista and windows 7.
27-03-2009 23:13
marlowe Offline
Posting Machine

This is the first time I've been on the forum since the move took place. I haven't had any problems or noticed any difference, except that the forum's a bit faster now than it was before.
30-03-2009 12:23
admin. Offline
Administrator

The link to the forum from http://www.babechannels.co.uk has today been updated to read http://www.babeshows.co.uk

Hopefully this won't lock anyone out of the forum, as even the slowest ISPs ought to have updated their DNS records by now.

Forum Admin
02-04-2009 20:43
BristolRovers Offline
Just another poster

Not sure how long it has been there, but I love the new look welcome page.

Spot the member! Big Grin

http://www.babechannels.co.uk/babe_shows_forum.html
03-04-2009 12:16
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

BristolRovers Wrote:Not sure how long it has been there, but I love the new look welcome page.

Only just seen it, as my bookmark takes me straight into site.
At least it was a royalty free pic that I used for my avatar, so the site wont be getting sued. Big Grin
I have had a few pms from members asking me who it is. I dont know. I found it with google on a site with thousands of different pics of eyes. I just chose one that looked as if it was watching.
03-04-2009 12:27
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

BristolRovers Wrote:Not sure how long it has been there, but I love the new look welcome page.

Artwork courtesy of Bree I believe (hence the Bree shop)...so, thank you Bree as well as Admin.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2009 12:31 by skateguy.)
03-04-2009 12:29
admin. Offline
Administrator

skateguy Wrote:Artwork courtesy of Bree I believe

Yes, I confirm that the credit for the artwork belongs to Bree.

Forum Admin
03-04-2009 12:43

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles