Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.45 Average

Freeview

MrGreaper Offline
Junior Poster

Freeview
I don't have freeview as I use Sky+, but I'm thinking of getting a box.

My question is, What babe channels are supported/not supported? Or does it depend on the freeview box I buy?

(Hope this is the right place to post this question, if not the could a mod move it and PM me to tell me where it went.)

Thanks,

Mr G. Reaper
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2009 20:19 by MrGreaper.)
21-03-2009 20:11
Find all posts by this user
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

RE: Freeview
It depends more on the area you live in as to which channels you'll get, all freeview boxes receive the same channels. Right now the only channels are Smile TV on channel 37 which shows Party People late and whatever the name of the new one is on channel 50, which shows Partyland. Not the widest selection...Sad

Go to this page here to see what channels you get in your area... http://www.freeview.co.uk/availability

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
21-03-2009 20:26
Wazo Away
Mr Daniels

Are you actually thinking of useing the sky plus an a freeview box or are yeah thinking of getting sky plus cause if you are yeah should consider freesat rather than freeview. Plus in non freesat mode you can get all the babe channels compared to just smile an partyland on freeview.

Bazinga!
22-03-2009 00:31
MrGreaper Offline
Junior Poster

Farther_jack_hackett Wrote:Are you actually thinking of useing the sky plus an a freeview box or are yeah thinking of getting sky plus cause if you are yeah should consider freesat rather than freeview. Plus in non freesat mode you can get all the babe channels compared to just smile an partyland on freeview.

I have sky+ already, but I'm moving soon and sky takes a while to set up so I thought you guys would be the best to ask about the babe channels on freeview.

Thanks mr gummidge for the reply.

I think they should have all babe channels on freeview boxes imho.
22-03-2009 00:41
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

MrGreaper Wrote:I think they should have all babe channels on freeview boxes imho.

Be great if they did, as a freeview PVR's infinitely better than the piece of trash that is a Sky+ box.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
22-03-2009 00:52
MrGreaper Offline
Junior Poster

skateguy Wrote:Be great if they did, as a freeview PVR's infinitely better than the piece of trash that is a Sky+ box.
Hey! Don't diss the sky+, like in the film 'Jerry Maguire', the famous quote of "you complete me", well that's what sky+ does for me and then it crashes, becomes distorted, then you have to pull out the plug, switch it back on wait ages for it to say "you had me at hello". Tongue
22-03-2009 01:08
Jonnieboy Offline
Senior Poster

skateguy Wrote:
MrGreaper Wrote:I think they should have all babe channels on freeview boxes imho.

Be great if they did, as a freeview PVR's infinitely better than the piece of trash that is a Sky+ box.

I don't have a Sky+ box but I got the impression they were "the biz". So what's wrong with them?
22-03-2009 01:28
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

Nothing is wrong with them, just relative to a good PVR they're not as good. Two specific things are:

- When Sky+ crashes while you're recording, you lose the entire programme(s) that you've been recording. So after recording 4 hours of the best show you've ever seen of Reede or whoever, 5 minutes from the end, Sky+ crashes, the whole recording disappears. On a freeview PVR (or mine at least - a Humax), when it does crash it keeps your recording up to the point of the crash.

- Sky+ can't connect to a PC directly. A PVR can.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2009 04:21 by skateguy.)
22-03-2009 02:18
Colbert Rules Offline
Pray For Trump

My Sky+ keeps crashing alot lately...always seems to happen when you are recording stuff, bastards!!!!!!!!

"If loving Leila was a crime, Colbert would be on Death Row."
22-03-2009 04:17
Thread Closed