Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average

Rules and Regulations

gtheboy Offline
Sin Binned

Rules and Regulations
Once again I do not know if I am really in the right part of the forum,
But does it not worry anyone, that a channel can (without telling anybody) Just change their hours of encryption.?

Surely there must be something somewhere in their contract with FREEVIEW that says they must give a service to the viewers, that would include at least some notice of their changes in broadcasting hours!

I think myself that these people do, and always will ,make up the story as they seem fit.

It is about time that they( BSX.TV) were taken into account,made to answer to someone and last but not least,give an explanation to `WE` the subscribers,what is going on. annoyed
02-06-2013 23:21
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

RE: RULES AND REGULATIONS
BSX doesn't have a contract with freeview. They just rent night hours from another channel which doesn't broadcast at night.
03-06-2013 00:10
gtheboy Offline
Sin Binned

(03-06-2013 00:10 )admiral decker Wrote:  BSX doesn't have a contract with freeview. They just rent night hours from another channel which doesn't broadcast at night.
Well if I rent anything from anyone,I think that makes a contract!
03-06-2013 00:47
admiral decker Offline

(03-06-2013 00:47 )gtheboy Wrote:  Well if I rent anything from anyone,I think that makes a contract!

And so long as the rent is paid the contract is fulfilled.
03-06-2013 00:53
gtheboy Offline
Sin Binned

(03-06-2013 00:53 )admiral decker Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 00:47 )gtheboy Wrote:  Well if I rent anything from anyone,I think that makes a contract!

And so long as the rent is paid the contract is fulfilled.
Nice one Admiral!
I just wish they could have `fulfilled `my desires for a good evening of explicit entertainment Big Grin
Subject now closed I hope Smile
Thanks for your time !
03-06-2013 01:36
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(03-06-2013 00:10 )admiral decker Wrote:  BSX doesn't have a contract with freeview. They just rent night hours from another channel which doesn't broadcast at night.
The owners of the BSX channel (Cellcast/Game Networks BV) do have a contract with the freeview people, they are the Dutch licence holders of freeview Ch 174, they pay for the EPG slots and air time etc for that channel to the freeview people, so they have a contract with freeview, but what they do is "time share" TV frequency's/air time that is split up between 3 channels that all use the same TV frequency at different times, they do not rent or lease the channel or licence or air time from another channel as far as i know, they do not pay money directly to another TV channel to use the EPG slot or Licence .
Cellcast/Game Networks BV is the company that would be held to task by the regulators and freeview if they ever broke the rules or didn't pay their subs etc .
Freeview Ch 174 time shares with Rocks & Co and QVC the last time i checked , BS/Cellcast/Game Networks do not pay rent to either of these other channels as far as i'm aware, all 3 pay their fees separately to Freeview and the relevant TV regulators for their licence and EPG slots etc .
DTT multiplex operator "Aqiva" a part owner of the freeview digital tv network is the one responsible for the digital spectrum on freeview that these 3 time share channels use

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 18:34 by mr mystery.)
03-06-2013 10:43
admiral decker Offline

RE: Rules and Regulations
That's a good post mr mystery, but is gtheboy right that to say there must be something somewhere in their contract with FREEVIEW that says they must give a service to the viewers?
03-06-2013 20:56
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(03-06-2013 20:56 )admiral decker Wrote:  That's a good post mr mystery, but is gtheboy right that to say there must be something somewhere in their contract with FREEVIEW that says they must give a service to the viewers?

I doubt very much that there is anything in their contract with freeview that say's that, is there a actual rule anywhere in their licence details perhaps that say's anything like that ? , i honestly don't know .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
03-06-2013 22:51
Grawth Offline
Senior Poster

Its no different than renting some storage space and then not using it. You pay to have the space available to you - what you choose to put in the space (even if it's nothing) is entirely your choice.

Equally, there is no rule that says "this portion must be FTA and this portion must be encrypted", just as there is no rule that tells me what kind of content I can keep in my storage box.

Where I think they are on stickier ground is when they cannot provide the models they advertise, but still keep promoting the show that they can no longer put on, eg Katie K this weekend. It was known 12 hours before the show that Katie had pulled out / was not available but even after encryption had kicked in they were STILL running promos showing Katie on the show. If people claim they paid their money based on Katie K being on the show AFTER BSX knew she wasn't, then they are probably entitled to a refund.
04-06-2013 08:43
admiral decker Offline

(03-06-2013 22:51 )mr mystery Wrote:  is there a actual rule anywhere in their licence details perhaps that say's anything like that ? , i honestly don't know .

I doubt it, because it's possible to have a licence to broadcast and not even use it. Didn't Bang Babes have licences that never got used in the end, because they didn't ever obtain the broadcasting hours?
04-06-2013 11:26