Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

[split] Annie Bullah - Chat & Discussion

mido Offline
Happy Man

RE: [split] Annie Bullah - Chat & Discussion
Your right, sure she said some bad stuff about the police and how they should be killed, yeah she encouraged violence, rioting and looting, yeah she comes up with some offensive shit but after watching her on studio 66 my opinion has changed completely, we should be celebrating her presence back on TV and I personally was honoured to have her grace my 42 inch LCD tv so I could view her in superb HD quality with incredible sound as I was sent into a trance by the fast paced repetitive beats.

Your right also that I should care about people making stupid comments and then losing their job,and I should have a more responsible attitue because of this I am campaigning for Glenn Hoddle to be reinstated England Head Coach as what he said about cripples was only a joke, along with Andy Gray and Ron Atkinson coming back as the voices of Football, after all he only made a sexist comment and Ron thought it was a term of enderment. Ohand Paris Brown (UK Youth crime commissioner) to be bought back after her twitter outbursts. Martin Brundle was once forced to apologise during F1 commentry for using the term "Pikey" during a race, I am writing to Sky Sports this morning to encourage him to call Roman Grosjean "Pikey" everytime he is on screen,....none of these are lookers but after all its all freedom of speech Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 09:28 by mido.)
03-07-2013 09:23
Find all posts by this user
badbadman999 Offline
Senior Poster

You completely missed the point I was making - did she make the comments while she was at work or on screen ? If so then yes I would agree that she shouldn't have & I would use the same reasons I have given as for why they shouldn't matter - her opinions are not part of her job.

A number of the examples you cited did - & that's why they were sacked. For example Dean Jones referred to Hashim Amla as "The Terrorist" whilst on commentary. He was sacked.

Just out of interest if you were in a bar & you heard someone expressing the same sort of opinions as Annie did on twitter what would you do ?
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 14:28 by badbadman999.)
03-07-2013 14:26
mido Offline
Happy Man

(03-07-2013 14:26 )badbadman999 Wrote:  You completely missed the point I was making - did she make the comments while she was at work or on screen ? If so then yes I would agree that she shouldn't have & I would use the same reasons I have given as for why they shouldn't matter - her opinions are not part of her job.

A number of the examples you cited did - & that's why they were sacked. For example Dean Jones referred to Hashim Amla as "The Terrorist" whilst on commentary. He was sacked.

Just out of interest if you were in a bar & you heard someone expressing the same sort of opinions as Annie did on twitter what would you do ?

Im not sure what you are wanting to find out by "what would you do?", I havent "done anything" to Annie since her comments however that doesnt mean I cannot be upset by the comments made
Im not sure how my personal opinion of someone announcing in a theoretical bar that they were being glad someone had been shot to death has anything to do with the point you are trying to make.

As I have tried to explain though, I am a changed man since my initial outbursts though, and would not want to be judged on those myself, as MONEY-BANG put it, who am I to judge someone based on their attention seeking comments that they are willing to put against their name and brand imagery on the internet for the world to see. For my final comment on the matter, I will quote a little R.E.M. which sums up my thoughts for now Smile

"Judge not lest ye be judged"
What a beautiful refrain
The studio audience disagrees
Have his lambs all gone astray?
03-07-2013 19:31
shano123 Offline
Posting Machine

"Annie is entitled to express her view and she is very sexy"- wow what a poor response, I mean come on she says that sort of thing on twitter yet people try to justify it because she appears on "their favourite channel," "she is a twitter girl" or "she is sexy".

Quite pathetic really and I ain't gonna join the majority of you guys in having a "change of heart" just because you saw her on tv, until someone shows me proof of her apologising for her comment then I will say "ok enough is enough, I forgive you"

A while back it was announced that she would supposedly return on rlc and what did we have on this forum? A bunch of guys stating their disapproval and slagging her off like Rammy I recall but now she appears on s66 and that people say she is sexy we all have to forgive her. wtf?

There are probably some guys on this forum that never talked about her twitter comment or are simply fanboys so this is something you can't stop but the guys that talked shit about her in the past to then suddenly start defending her and praising her is bizarre.

Some people would do anything just to look good on this forum or on twitter
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 19:51 by shano123.)
03-07-2013 19:45
badbadman999 Offline
Senior Poster

(03-07-2013 19:31 )mido Wrote:  Im not sure what you are wanting to find out by "what would you do?", I havent "done anything" to Annie since her comments however that doesnt mean I cannot be upset by the comments made
Im not sure how my personal opinion of someone announcing in a theoretical bar that they were being glad someone had been shot to death has anything to do with the point you are trying to make.

I wasn't accusing you of doing anything to Annie other than saying she should apologise. Which was the point of my hypothetical question about the same statements being made in a bar - would you also demand an apology in that situation too ? If not what exactly makes the statement unoffensive when spoken yet offensive on twitter ?
03-07-2013 20:08
shano123 Offline
Posting Machine

Loving the excuses to defend her, keep em coming
03-07-2013 20:15
mido Offline
Happy Man

(03-07-2013 20:08 )badbadman999 Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 19:31 )mido Wrote:  Im not sure what you are wanting to find out by "what would you do?", I havent "done anything" to Annie since her comments however that doesnt mean I cannot be upset by the comments made

I wasn't accusing you of doing anything to Annie other than saying she should apologise. Which was the point of my hypothetical question about the same statements being made in a bar - would you also demand an apology in that situation too ? If not what exactly makes the statement unoffensive when spoken yet offensive on twitter ?

I think being glad someone has been shot dead is offensive either way be it on twitter, to your face, in a letter, etc. Being offended does not mean I would demand an apology there and then, nor am I demanding an apology now but its the decent thing to do when your in the public eye and likely to get a backlash for it, as shown on this forum.

My younger sister is a Police officer so perhaps I have more reason to be offended than you, so if you were in our hypothetical bar and someone made a remark effectively wishing a member of your family dead, would you go and sit back with your mates smiling away about how great it is that the person can express freedom of speech? or would you think what they were saying was out of line.
If not I would ask you the same question but reversed why would it be offensive for someone to say this in your face but if it was on twitter you would be ok with it?

Twitter is as an important marketing tool as any other these days and if someone wants to market themselves as a racist, a homophobe or just someone who wishes police officers were shot in the face then they have to face any grievance that comes with it. People have said things you could argue are not far away from her level on twitter and faced severe consequences, is it wrong to arrest a 17 year old wishing a Wigan Footballer dead? was the guy arrested for wishing Tom Daly drowned in his swimming pool really that much worse than Annies comments?
03-07-2013 20:39
badbadman999 Offline
Senior Poster

I'm editing this for clarity

Shan_afc_90 - have you read my posts ?? Go back a page - I have openly stated I'm not defending what she said & I have called what she said dumb. Your welcome to try & find some "fanboy" posts I have made about her too & when you have done that & found none please re-read what I actually have said about this subject. Sorry I'm not being all tabloid and black & white about it but unfortunatley the world isn't like that.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 21:11 by badbadman999.)
03-07-2013 20:42
mido Offline
Happy Man

(03-07-2013 20:42 )badbadman999 Wrote:  Dude have you read my posts ?? Go back a page - I have openly stated I'm not defending what she said & I have called what she said dumb. Your welcome to try & find some "fanboy" posts I have made about her too & when you have done that & found none please re-read what I actually have said about this subject. Sorry I'm not being all tabloid and black & white about it but unfortunatley the world isn't like that.

"Dude!" perhaps you too could go back over the whole thread too and whilst you are busy defending her right to wish peoples faces are blown off, or supporting rioters smashing peoples windows up, and how people shouldnt let it affect their opinion of her as it wasn't said on the premises of her employer, you can at the same time find my (and other peoples) rights to be offended by this sort of comment and a right to voice it.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 20:58 by mido.)
03-07-2013 20:56
shano123 Offline
Posting Machine

She is a tv girl innit so they would find all the excuses to defend whatever negative thing she may say
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 21:06 by shano123.)
03-07-2013 21:00
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Studio 66