Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

The Covered Up White Queen!

shylok Offline
Senior Poster

The Covered Up White Queen!
BBC running scared of OFCOM now:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ences.html

The 'non OFCOM safe version' will be broadcast in the United States on Starz on 10 August 2013. I'll be watching that. Fuck OFCOM.

This case in point shows how timid broadcasters have become in this country. Scared shitless of offending the most puritanical of groups. We are entering a very worrying phase. Freedom of expression? Forget it mate... The Daily Mail has won the battle.

Pathetic.

Shylok

Join OFCOM today we offer decent salaries + a company bonus scheme (based on how much pain you can inflict on the British public) - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/files/2011/05/sa...e-2011.pdf
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2013 08:45 by shylok.)
14-07-2013 08:20
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cwpussylover Offline
Banned

RE: The Covered Up White Queen!
the yanks will go a bit further on cable but fta channels wont show a nippleImportant

14-07-2013 09:02
Jack Bishop Offline
Account Closed

Interesting article Shylock TY for sharing. Good series all the same even if we don't get the graphic / nude USA scenes.
14-07-2013 09:17
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

nothing new this, when a tv series is sold round the world, different versions are made for each country that gets it. no surprise the americans want more sex and nudity in their version. having seen their other costume dramas like game of thrones. wheras the uk ones tend to be less raunchy

wouldn't rule out the uk getting to see the American verison of the white queen though. either the bbc bow to public demand and show the episodes at a later time at night on one of the bbc tv channels, one of the uk digital channels that shows us tv shows (sky atlantic, watch, 5usa for example) may show the amercian version. also when it comes out in a few months on dvd, bluray and on iTunes and internet services like Netflix. the American version may be available that way.

Piper Niven Superfan
14-07-2013 09:59
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

Yet wasn't The Tudors a mostly British produced show, and there was plenty of nudity there!

There's less actual nudity in regular American TV than I've seen on British TV, which makes this news about The White Queen seem odd to me. Lots of nudity on American cable channels like HBO, Showtime, Starz, but I don't see how this is an American thing.

Having nudity just to have it is stupid, however, if it's realistic to show it, then I think they should show it. In this case, I don't know, as I haven't seen the show, but an issue could arise with having two cuts, especially if the acting isn't as good in the uncensored version.
14-07-2013 14:23
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

didn't watch the tudors. was just saying from what ive watched of the American costume dramas like game of thrones compared to british ones.

agree having nudity just to have it is stupid.

Piper Niven Superfan
14-07-2013 14:59
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(14-07-2013 08:20 )shylok Wrote:  BBC running scared of OFCOM now:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ences.html

The 'non OFCOM safe version' will be broadcast in the United States on Starz on 10 August 2013. I'll be watching that. Fuck OFCOM.

This case in point shows how timid broadcasters have become in this country. Scared shitless of offending the most puritanical of groups. We are entering a very worrying phase. Freedom of expression? Forget it mate... The Daily Mail has won the battle.

Pathetic.

Shylok

Good to see the Daily Mail upholding standards with this tasteful shot of Nicole Scherzinger at a family reunion. Ah, family values.
[Image: article-0-1E3025A500000578-587_634x446.jpg]

Gone fishing
26-05-2014 19:47