Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

BBC Radio 1 Babeshows Documentary

Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

BBC Radio 1 Babeshows Documentary
As Rammy pointed out in the STD 66 thread, the BBC produced a docu. about life on the babeshows. Lily Pink comes across REALLY well, in my opinion. Very articulate, and with a slightly sad story, she's very endearing. Letesha comes across as a fairly dim, cynical woman, however. As for Danica, well, she is frankly, laughable. Her hypocrisy is beyond the pale. She talks constantly about how much money she was on- "more money than I knew what to do with", and how disturbing some of the things she heard while working the phones were, yet doesn't mention that she still continues to profit from the same guys that 'disturbed her'.

Just wondered what everyone else thought about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03...s_on_Film/

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 11:38 by Robot Devil.)
31-07-2013 11:37
Find all posts by this user
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

RE: BBC Radio 1 Babeshows Documentary
Very typical modern day 'documentary', all talking heads, short soundbites, but nothing of any real substance, and it fails to get into any real detail on the subject.
An hour long show, but if you take out the 'coming up...' sections and the songs and other filler, there's probably not much more than 10 minutes of content there. That alone tells you a lot about it.

I agree Lily comes across well (I'd have guessed that from the start). It's strange to hear her talk about being a bit lacking in confidence, because she always comes across the complete opposite.
As for Danica, well she comes across as believable as santa claus and unicorns! She says she wept when the rinsing docu went out because of how it made her look, yet she was pumping fresh wishlists out straight after!

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
31-07-2013 14:57
Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

Exactly. I can still remember the night that piece of shit programme aired on Ch4, and she was 'retweeting' and replying to all the 'tweets' from other women saying 'Good for you Danica, more power to you'. I certainly like Lily a lot more now.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2013 15:08 by Robot Devil.)
31-07-2013 15:08
Ree's No.1 fan Offline
But not exclusively

I didn't expect too much from a Radio 1 documentary but I'd agree that Lily came across very well whereas Danica, er, didn't. It is important to remember that these young women are working to make a living in an industry that is fiercely competitive and alienating. All too often a 'career' on the babeshows can be like Hobbes' notion of life - brutish, nasty and short - but that isn't a great surprise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ree Petra was very dirty...but also very clean!
31-07-2013 15:26
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

Did Danica mention anything about producers smelling her fingers?

Big Laugh
01-08-2013 15:25
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(01-08-2013 15:25 )mrmann Wrote:  Did Danica mention anything about producers smelling her fingers?

So, is this finger sniffing a fetish of yours, because you seem to be repeating this same line over and over like a broken record. It obviously struck a deep chord with you, whereas nobody else here seems in the least bit interested by the incident.
I'm sure there's some dark corner of the internet that can indulge this fetish far better than the babeshows can, one alleged incident from one performer in all the hours and hours of screen time thus far, needle-haystack!

01-08-2013 16:03
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

^ Right on cue, like clock work Bounce

Hook, line and... Bounce
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 17:14 by mrmann.)
01-08-2013 17:13
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

^^^ Olfactophilia is the nearest I could find to your 'issue', although that is a more general smell fetish, not specifically finger related.
Don't be so embarrassed by it though, no need to try to cover it with wit, embrace it and be proud, there's far worse fetishes out there.

01-08-2013 19:28
Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

It was interesting to here about how they view their work & their punters.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
01-08-2013 19:40
Joey 27 Offline
Posting Machine

letesha was one of my faves when she was on babestation but it sounded like she hated what she was doing, there are some weird blokes out there so i doubt we will see her again
01-08-2013 20:25
Thread Closed