gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Possible Chrome issue (Windows)

Digital Dave Away
Retired

Possible Chrome issue (Windows)
I'm experiencing an odd issue with Chrome. It originally affected just the Amazon UK site but now it's started to affect this forum too. I don't think it's necessarily an issue with the forum software, but it would be useful to know if anyone else is experiencing it so that I can mention it to Google.

The issue is that the 'back' functionality stops randomly, as if all the history of that tab disappears. This affects the browser back button, touchpad and mouse. Trying to go back to the previous page does nothing, and the only way to cure the problem is to close and open the tab and start afresh.

The workaround with Amazon was to disable the extension called 'ad block plus'. That seems to help although I've not tested it exhaustively. I've never had that extension enabled for this site so that can't be the cause.

The issue affects build 29 of Chrome and has been discussed on the Amazon and Chrome forums, so it's quite widespread. Anyone else experienced it?
23-09-2013 20:12
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

RE: Possible Chrome issue (Windows)
It's happened to me a few times DD, but so infrequently that it's not an issue for me...yet. All previous pages suddenly gone under the back button facility, but without any obvious signs of a crash having occurred. I haven't noticed what sites it happens on though.

I'm also using Chrome v.29

Thank you very much for my nomination in
Best Cap or Cap Set Of The Year 2013
for Dannii Harwood Posts 781 & 782

Tammy Oldham: You're fucking filthy!
Shady: You can talk!

25-09-2013 10:00
Digital Dave Away
Retired

Thanks Shady, it does seem to be a known issue but as usual Google are very slow to come up with a response.

It's quite random and seems to affect sites which are database-driven, such a shopping sites and forums. Version 30 of Chrome isn't due out until November so we may have to wait a bit for a proper fix.
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2013 10:12 by Digital Dave.)
25-09-2013 10:12
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

My main gripe with Chrome, although I think it's possibly Facebook, is the constant freezing on the login page. I was told it's the Active X component, but disabling it didn't help.

Still better than IE though laugh

Thank you very much for my nomination in
Best Cap or Cap Set Of The Year 2013
for Dannii Harwood Posts 781 & 782

Tammy Oldham: You're fucking filthy!
Shady: You can talk!

25-09-2013 10:15

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles