Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.96 Average

playboy, ofcom, and complaints!!

KateP Offline
N7 FemShep

RE: playboy, ofcom, and complaints!!
why does bang babes have that warning at the start while the other shows dont is it some kind of ofcom thing that they are forced into having

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" Commander Shepard We fight or we die! That's the plan!
Xbox live ID Exiled Mystique PSN Romanus1

Anastasia Harris| Tori Lee| Felicity Hill | Mikaela Witt| Evelyn | Kitty Lea | Cali Garcia | Macy Leigh | Priya | Preeti | Clare Richards| Gemma Hiles | Emma Spellar | Sophia Knight | Dionne Daniels | Adele | Teejay Walker | Paige Green | Lana | Cara Steel | Mikayla Bayliss | Danica | Kandi Kay | Delia Rose | Hannah Martin | Emma C | Cara Brett
06-04-2010 19:46
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(06-04-2010 19:46 )KateP Wrote:  why does bang babes have that warning at the start while the other shows dont is it some kind of ofcom thing that they are forced into having

Babestation always has the over 18 warning at the start on Freeview.
06-04-2010 19:58
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

The pin changes to the Playboy Group channels are nothing to do with any Ofcom rules or sanctions.
It is because the pay-per-night option is now channel sharing with the monthly subscription channels, whereas previously the pay-per-night channels would have a separate EPG slot.
This is one change that Ofcom is not responsible for. It is a cost cutting exercise by the channels themselves.
06-04-2010 22:24
Hollywood PillowPants Offline
p.W.o 4 LIFE!!!

(06-04-2010 22:24 )vostok 1 Wrote:  The pin changes to the Playboy Group channels are nothing to do with any Ofcom rules or sanctions.
It is because the pay-per-night option is now channel sharing with the monthly subscription channels, whereas previously the pay-per-night channels would have a separate EPG slot.
This is one change that Ofcom is not responsible for. It is a cost cutting exercise by the channels themselves.

O.k. i understand what you say,but why is every single programme pin protected,if you subscribe monthly or daliy it doesn't make any difference,it's not like your paying for pay-per-view of individual programmes.Once you've inputed the first pin,you shouldn't have to re-insert every 20 minutes when the next show starts.

""This show's about as interesting as Nick Griffin reading excerpts from 'Mein Kampf'!"
06-04-2010 22:35
H-H Offline
Junior Poster

(06-04-2010 22:24 )vostok 1 Wrote:  ... It is a cost cutting exercise by the channels themselves.

The Adult sector is dying on its feet, both encrypted and free-to-view. Channels close down and duplicate live feeds. Free channels with expensive studio costs are replaced by encrypted ones showing old tapes. Fewer and fewer new shows, and cheaper ones. Encrypted channels start showing continuous promo loops. Expect old re-runs of Tales Of The Unexpected soon.

I love Muffin, Muffin-the-Mule.
06-04-2010 22:46
KateP Offline
N7 FemShep

(06-04-2010 19:58 )TheWatcher Wrote:  
(06-04-2010 19:46 )KateP Wrote:  why does bang babes have that warning at the start while the other shows dont is it some kind of ofcom thing that they are forced into having

Babestation always has the over 18 warning at the start on Freeview.

ok I dont have freeview and not sure I have ever seen it on the sky version could be wrong as I normally dont watch the first hour

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" Commander Shepard We fight or we die! That's the plan!
Xbox live ID Exiled Mystique PSN Romanus1

Anastasia Harris| Tori Lee| Felicity Hill | Mikaela Witt| Evelyn | Kitty Lea | Cali Garcia | Macy Leigh | Priya | Preeti | Clare Richards| Gemma Hiles | Emma Spellar | Sophia Knight | Dionne Daniels | Adele | Teejay Walker | Paige Green | Lana | Cara Steel | Mikayla Bayliss | Danica | Kandi Kay | Delia Rose | Hannah Martin | Emma C | Cara Brett
06-04-2010 23:17
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

(06-04-2010 22:35 )PillowPants Wrote:  O.k. i understand what you say,but why is every single programme pin protected,if you subscribe monthly or daliy it doesn't make any difference,it's not like your paying for pay-per-view of individual programmes.Once you've inputed the first pin,you shouldn't have to re-insert every 20 minutes when the next show starts.

Previously when there was separate pay-per-night channels you would only have to enter the pin once as it would appear as "Adult nightly, Playboy TV (etc)" running from 10pm until 5.30am, and it would be listed as one single programme lasting 7.5 hours on the epg.

I assume that when you try to record via Sky plus, the message "checking purchase information, please wait"... followed by "phone the broadcaster on xxxxxx" appears?

As I said before, this happens when a "pay per night" and "pay per month" option shares the same epg slot. This also used to be the case with the TVX Redhot channels.

Why don't they correct the situation? Because you are tied into a contract and your cash is just as good to them as it was before the changes!

But just to clarify again, this is a cost cutting exercise, not an Ofcom thing.
06-04-2010 23:22
Hollywood PillowPants Offline
p.W.o 4 LIFE!!!

Just an update to my earlier posts;

The Playboy channel was back to normal last night,no pin needed.The Adult channel is still individually pin protected.So maybe it is a technical issue rather than a policy issue and The Adult channel will go back to normal soon.

""This show's about as interesting as Nick Griffin reading excerpts from 'Mein Kampf'!"
08-04-2010 11:20
H-H Offline
Junior Poster

It's not officially a requirement, but some channels hope that they'll get credit for it if a complaint comes their way. It's having a bumper sticker saying Heart traffic wardens". And about as effective.

I love Muffin, Muffin-the-Mule.
10-04-2010 01:25
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Just to confirm to you about Playboy tv and the so-called pin protection by Ofcom this was actually confirmed to me when I phoned up Playboy tv and the guy on the phone told me that they were'nt happy about the new law but it was now under order to be enforced so I then sent an angry e-mail of complaint to ofcom and to my astonishment I actually got a reply.

So this e-mail sent back to me confirmed that ofcom was used to cover up a bullshit lie.

Thank you for contacting Ofcom with regard to the PIN Protection system which appears when you attempt to watch material on Playboy.

Ofcom’s Broadcasting Code requires PIN protection to be activated at certain times on particular types of channels in order to ensure adequate protection of children. You can look at the specific requirements (Section 1.22-1.26) via the link below:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv/ifi/codes/bco...8/?a=87101

However you will see from the Code that we do not require PIN protection on 15 or 18 certified content if it is broadcast after 21:00.

If Sky or Playboy has taken the decision to build a mandatory PIN protection into viewing the content on Playboy subscription channels after 21:00 this is solely a commercial decision for them, and is not a requirement from Ofcom as you have been told by Playboy. You may wish to raise the complaint with Sky Customer Services directly.

British Sky Broadcasting Ltd

Centaurs Business Park, Grant Way, Isleworth TW7 5QD

Tel: 020 7705 3000 E-mail: viewerr@bskyb.com

I hope this has clarified our position on the matter. Thank you for taking the trouble to contact us.

Yours sincerely

:: Ofcom Broadcast Team

Central Operations

020 7981 3040

occbroadcast@ofcom.org.uk

:: Ofcom

Riverside House

2a Southwark Bridge Road

London SE1 9HA

0300 123 3000

http://www.ofcom.org.uk

Ofcom is continually aiming to improve customer service levels. Your details may be passed to a research agency who are conducting research for us. If you would prefer not to be contacted for research purposes, you can telephone Ofcom on 020 7783 4420. Please note this is a voicemail service only. Unfortunately, we will not be able to discuss your complaint or query. Alternatively, you can email your Ofcom reference and full name with the message “no contact” to market.research@ofcom.org.uk Please note if you have already indicated that you do not wish to be contacted for research purposes, this has been recorded and you should disregard this text.
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2010 22:25 by Scottishbloke.)
18-04-2010 22:22