Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average

Baseball

mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Baseball
Think they are trying to make up for when previous owners were going through divorce proceeding and nothing was getting spent.

We look to have good pitching crew, our problem for many years is giving them enough runs to get them wins

(05-03-2014 20:49 )The Robot Devil Wrote:  Beckett's been a good pitcher for a while now. Since his days with the Marlins. I don't think your Dodgers will do much this year, to be honest Mike. They seem to have more money than sense. I fear a Yankees resurgence...
05-03-2014 22:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

Well the season is up & running. The opening game saw a victory for Clayton Kershaw and his Dodgers over Arizona 3-1 in Sydney. Scott Van Slyke hit the first HR of the season. Game 2 in their Aussie series begins in just under 3 hours' time, and will see the Dodgers South Korean pitcher Hyun-jin Ryu face off against the Diamondbacks' underrated pitcher Trevor Cahill.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
23-03-2014 01:16
Billy_Nomates Offline
Senior Poster

I saw on YouTube that the players from both the Dodgers and Diamondbacks were shown around the famous Sydney Cricket Ground prior to their matches. They, obviously, don't know anything about cricket, but they seem impressed with the history of the SCG and all the long traditions associated with it. So well done to them. Smile
24-03-2014 16:38
Robot Devil Offline

Well last night emerged the rumblings of what would be a MEGA contract extension, for one of baseball's elite stars. My own Detroit Tigers have agreed terms with 2 time MVP Miguel Cabrera to extend his current contract (2 years remaining) by a further 8 years- at a cost of $248M. Including the remaining 2 years on his deal, over the next decade Miggy will pocket a mind boggling $292M. I can't say I approve of the length, and he'll be 40 when his deal ends. But at least the best hitter in all of baseball is commited to Detroit until he retires.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
28-03-2014 12:46
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

First game of official start of season and my team LA Dodgers already have been let down by dodgy relief pitching
31-03-2014 15:27
Robot Devil Offline

Found it bizarre that after today's game the Dodgers had played three games this season when 27 others teams hadn't played one. Reasonable start for the Tigers. Average pitching display from Justin Verlander, but a ninth inning come-from-behind win. So I'm a happy bunny. Now to watch the remainder of the crazy sounding Texas Rangers vs Philadelphia Phillies game.

31-03-2014 21:24
BaddaBing Offline
Posting Machine

I didn't get my Apple TV ordered in time for the start of the season but after checking the scores, I see it took the Cubs 10 innings to loose 1-0 to the Pirates. Possibly best I missed that one lol

If Found, Please Return To The Preeti & Priya Non-Babe Show Thread
31-03-2014 22:24
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

Was looking forward to Los Angeles Dodgers first home game of the season until
it started! 6 runs given up by Ryu in 1st Inning and 8 in first two. Hope this is not the norm!
05-04-2014 01:11
BaddaBing Offline
Posting Machine

Yeah, I tuned in from about the 3rd inning and the saw the score and was like 'wow'. Great atmosphere at Dodger stadium, must be all that sunshine lol

If Found, Please Return To The Preeti & Priya Non-Babe Show Thread
05-04-2014 10:29
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

Looks like Dodgers have found their mojo as they hit 4 homers last night to beat Giants 6-2 just in time for the Detroit Tigers arrival in town
07-04-2014 15:04