Question RE: Identify Old Channel Help
Any new old info?

||||||||
22-11-2013 02:42
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

RE: Identify Old Channel Help
(17-11-2013 01:03 )Forum Style Wrote:  ... and the majority of the complaints seemed to be from perverts texting in that the show didn't do exactly what it said on the tin ...

And the rest of us tune in to admire the sets, presumably? Big Grin
22-11-2013 04:20
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

Identify Old Channel Help 2
I have another request for help on identifying a channel.

Again, my memory is a bit sketchy in terms of when and where, but it was certainly a good number of years ago 5 - 6 ?? Maybe more. It was certainly before the mass exodus to the 900s

I think it was a daytime only show and differed quite considerably from the other channels, in as much as nothing at all seemed to happen. It was a live feed (high up static camera) of a large studio / house, which for the best part seemed to consist of girls walking about in the background, making tea / coffee, sitting at a PC.

It was another short-lived channel and I don't ever remember any kind of interaction with the camera /audience. All in all it was a pretty bizarre set-up which I could never really understand the purpose of.

Thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 04:17 by JuanKerr.)
01-12-2013 04:15
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

RE: Identify Old Channel Help 2
I think the channel you may be referring to here is candycrib TV. It featured different babes each week, it was broadcast 24 hours a day but astonishingly it wasn't on the 900's. It was mixed next to the rest of the entertainment channels. If my memory serves me correct the only kind of viewer interaction involved the voting process. It was sort of a Big Brother show for really fit babes.

Pity the experimental channel never lasted, it was spontaneous, one night I tuned in and the babes were playing strip darts, another night I tuned in they were all in the hot tub topless. No idea why this suddenly vanished from our screen but I'd imagine ofcom probably had something to do with it.

I think this was broadcast circa 2008.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 05:59 by Scottishbloke.)
01-12-2013 05:58
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

RE: Identify Old Channel Help 2
I can't say the name nor the strip darts / hot tub ring any bells, Scottishbloke, but the 24hr format certainly does, so I could be wrong. I can see the layout of the studio / house in my head now. The majority of the screen was occupied with a sort of living area, with a couple of PCs over on the right, and then at the top of the screen we could see the entrance to an open-plan kitchen area with the corridor leading to the main entrance to the left of that.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 12:17 by JuanKerr.)
01-12-2013 12:14
Addison Away
Lukewarm water

As SB says, Candy Crib was a sort of cut-down babe-show version of Big Brother, with a voting/eviction system, etc. It featured the sort of studio lay-out you describe. The short-lived Ape TV channel showed it. Below are a few caps. I only stumbled across it near the end of its run. The Fashion channel or Fashion TV or whatever it's called also ran a very similar thing one year, except the occupants/contestants were aspiring catwalk models from Europe rather than glamour models from the UK.

[Image: 492ec7292189645.jpg]
01-12-2013 20:02
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

(01-12-2013 20:02 )Addison Wrote:  The Fashion channel or Fashion TV or whatever it's called also ran a very similar thing one year, except the occupants/contestants were aspiring catwalk models from Europe rather than glamour models from the UK.

Wow, great call, Addison, this may just be it.

Having said that, Ape TV does ring some bells...

I just don't remember there being as much action as your caps suggest, which makes me think it was the Fashion TV one.

Thanks.

[edit] I've suddenly remembered the Fashion TV one you refer to, in more detail, and it wasn't that afterall. Must be Ape TV I'm thinking of.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 01:48 by JuanKerr.)
02-12-2013 01:45
modelflat Offline
Posting Machine

Cool RE: Identify Old Channel Help
The Fashion TV one was called ModelFlat in Milan in summer 2002, with female models. It looks depressing in hindsight, lots of uncensored swearing and arguments but not much sexy behaviour. I must've been really strapped for usernames.

The Candy Crib show looks like it had lots of potential for great/car crash TV, though I never saw it. DigitalSpy has forum members mentioning the idea back in 2005.

Did it take Candy Crib a long time to get onto television? And what kind of rules did they break before they went off the air? The good thing about having a reality show for a babeshow audience is, the viewers won't disapprove of things a normal audience would, like shameless exhibitionism Surprised

||||||||
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 06:15 by modelflat.)
03-12-2013 00:11
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

(03-12-2013 00:11 )modelflat Wrote:  Did it take Candy Crib a long time to get onto television? And what kind of rules did they break before they went off the air? The good thing about having a reality show for a babeshow audience is, the viewers won't disapprove of things a normal audience would, like shameless exhibitionism Surprised

The show just kind of arrived, like most of them did back then, but they were'nt rule-breakers as far as I remember. In fact it was all rather dull and most of the time you found yourself watching 'Nuts' type girls walk around a flat, making cups of tea and sitting at a computer.
03-12-2013 10:41
Addison Away
Lukewarm water

As Juan says, they didn't break any 'rules' as such. It basically followed the Big Brother format quite closely, in its streamlined way. A lot of sitting around, chatting or fielding viewer texts, and now and then they'd schedule activities, so someone would come in and do yoga with them, or they'd organise a pampering evening, that sort of thing. Don't think it was continuous broadcast; they used to start in the morning with the flatmates in bed just before they began to wake up, and carried on from there until about midnight, or maybe a bit after (I could be wrong about the hours, though; mists of time and all that).

Modelflat I liked a lot; something about the setting and the exotic-ness of the models. Also, at the time it was going out, the Big Brother thing had yet to pall. The cam in the bathroom on Modelflat was a good call; sometimes they'd show the models steeping in a bath! I made a recording of one such bath time (on VHS, it went out pre-digital recording, for me), but I'd very much doubt if it still exists.
03-12-2013 13:06