Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.44 Average

XtremeFilth - General Chat & Discussion

mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

RE: XtremeFilth - General Chat & Discussion
(07-09-2014 19:50 )admiral decker Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 19:36 )mr mystery Wrote:  So you are saying Sky channel 940 is owned by Northern & Shell .
So what about the GoldenGirls channel of 940, is that also owned by Northern & Shell ? and not STD 66/Primetime ? .

Northern & Shell own the EPG slot. They do not own Golden Girls, which didn't use that slot anyway when it was first broadcast.

Yes i know they don't own the GoldenGirls show, i just meant the channel slot of 940 (Play TV) that they broadcast on at present .

You said Primetime TV (UK) Limited the company behind the STD 66 TV programs don't own any Sky TV channel slots , so do TVX/Northern & Shell also own the Sky adult channel slots 912 and 941 that STD 66 TV programs are broadcast on ? .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 20:21 by mr mystery.)
07-09-2014 20:14
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Block Offline
Nip Slip For the Win

Well it looks like no one one on here is able to agree who own's the license and channel slots.

With a bit of luck offcom will have a the same problem. They then won't be able to fine the channel if it oversteps the mark. Tongue

Maybe then we can have some really 'xtreme filth'! eek
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 20:40 by Block.)
07-09-2014 20:39
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(07-09-2014 20:14 )mr mystery Wrote:  You said Primetime TV (UK) Limited the company behind the STD 66 TV programs don't own any Sky TV channel slots , so do TVX/Northern & Shell also own the Sky adult channel slots 912 and 941 that STD 66 TV programs are broadcast on ? .

I didn't say any, I said they don't own all their own slots, meaning they may own some of them. They have broadcast on Sky 912 and 941 for several years now, and I can't remember that far back to know where those slots were obtained from or what those channel numbers used to be previously. Sky 912 used to be Bang Babes, but if I remember correctly the EPG has been reorganised since then and that channel moved up a place or two.
07-09-2014 20:50
mr mystery Away

(07-09-2014 20:50 )admiral decker Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 20:14 )mr mystery Wrote:  You said Primetime TV (UK) Limited the company behind the STD 66 TV programs don't own any Sky TV channel slots , so do TVX/Northern & Shell also own the Sky adult channel slots 912 and 941 that STD 66 TV programs are broadcast on ? .

I didn't say any, I said they don't own all their own slots, meaning they may own some of them. They have broadcast on Sky 912 and 941 for several years now, and I can't remember that far back to know where those slots were obtained from or what those channel numbers used to be previously. Sky 912 used to be Bang Babes, but if I remember correctly the EPG has been reorganised since then and that channel moved up a place or two.

Yes the EPG did change, Elite TV first started broadcasting on channel 911 in the daytime and 965 on days and nights, the channels slots were at that time owned by Playboy and Paul Raymond TV i believe .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
07-09-2014 21:11
davy crockett Offline
Master Poster

(07-09-2014 20:50 )admiral decker Wrote:  Sky 912 used to be Bang Babes, but if I remember correctly the EPG has been reorganised since then and that channel moved up a place or two.

Yes Elite TV as it was called then used to be Sky 914. The EPG reorganisation moved it a couple of places to Sky 912.
07-09-2014 21:12
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

(07-09-2014 21:11 )mr mystery Wrote:  Elite TV first started broadcasting on channel 911 in the daytime and 965 on days and nights

Yes that's correct. They gave up 911 shortly after acquiring 914 - which had been Hotel Voyeur for some time and then briefly Angels TV. After Angels TV disappeared the 914 channel became Elite TV and then came the reorganisation which moved 914 up to 912.
07-09-2014 21:40
William H Bonney Offline
More sinned against than sinning

(07-09-2014 21:40 )BarrieBF Wrote:  then came the reorganisation which moved 914 up to 912.

At the same time channel 968 moved all the way up to channel 941. And the original Elite TV night channel 965 became 938.
07-09-2014 21:58
Will Drifter Offline
Junior Poster

(07-09-2014 18:41 )admiral decker Wrote:  When Satellite Entertainment Ltd went out of business their EPG slots were snapped up by Northern & Shell.

You may remember they put their old babe channel names up for a while, Dirty Talk and so on, until they did a deal with Studio 66.

Yes I remember seeing those old names return to the EPG. Studio 66 were broadcasting on them for an hour a day I think, or maybe it was a few hours a day, just to keep the EPG slots going. That went on for a few weeks if I recall correctly, until presumably a deal was struck.
08-09-2014 07:36
mr mystery Away

(07-09-2014 16:31 )admiral decker Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 15:40 )mr mystery Wrote:  BB TV didn't own any TV licences, but did they pay Sky for the adult section TV slots they used to broadcast from, 940 and 942 being 2 of them ? .

No, not true. The EPG slots were owned by Satellite Entertainment Ltd.

Like i said in another post i didn't say BB owned them, i asked a question.

At the risk of boring people and going back over old ground, i can't see how SEL could have been the channel slot owners of 940 and 942 when BB were using them last off last year.
SEL have been listed has a inactive non trading company for quite a few years now, with no money in the bank, no assets, no liability's etc, this was the case when BB were using the Sport XXX channels .
Also before the channel reorganisation 942 was 969 i believe, this was a new channel slot purchased by someone while BB were using the other channels, BB made a big song and dance about getting this channel number with 69 in the digits, they claim it cost them a lot of money .

If SEL owned the channel slots surly they would have shown up in their financial records, apparently channel slots cost millions of pounds to purchase, i find it inconceivable that a company would spend millions of pounds for Sky TV slots and then at a later date let BB use them and not look to have derived income from BB using them, or at least it not show up in their financial records somewhere ?, SEL's financial records show no money coming in or going out when BB were using them, they were inactive/non trading
My guess is SEL didn't own the channel slots when BB last used them, in fact i wouldn't be surprised if they ever did own them ?, only the licence .
So if SEL didn't like i suspect own them, i still don't know who did own the slots when BB last used them .

Yes it does appear that TVX/Northern & Shell now own them and not BB (the company behind BB's shows is still actively trading by the way) or Primetime TV UK Limited .

Anyway when the XtremeFilth show starts tonight hopefully the discussion will be about the show and not who owns the TV slots, as i'm guessing some people are bored with it

(edit) Just thought i'd mention if anyone's interested that Kyra Kinks and Kartel K will be on the show tonight

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 15:04 by mr mystery.)
08-09-2014 11:08
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

(08-09-2014 11:08 )mr mystery Wrote:  Also before the channel reorganisation 942 was 969 i believe, this was a new channel slot purchased by someone while BB were using the other channels, BB made a big song and dance about getting this channel number with 69 in the digits, they claim it cost them a lot of money .

If SEL owned the channel slots surly they would have shown up in their financial records, apparently channel slots cost millions of pounds to purchase

A slot at the bottom of the EPG wouldn't cost millions of pounds. Channel 969 would have been worth £50,000 at the most.
08-09-2014 13:39

Click here to watch Studio 66