gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Poll: A good idea to hide members post counts from the forum?
Yes, it would be better with hidden post counts
No, I want to see members post count
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Post Counts

Mellow Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Post Counts
^^ And did you find any of my posts which were repeating what I or anyone else had already said?
28-09-2014 00:55
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fernandez Esperenda Offline
Banned

Mellow I didn't see that you had already answered joey, and Me telling joey a fact about timezones is not spam, it was an answer to his question he asked.

Its not as if i tell joey the time every hour on the hour every day..

*TORCIDA JOVEM*COM O SANTOS ONDE E COMO ELE ESTIVER
FCP mais que um clube*Super Dragoes*
#RODGERS OUT
28-09-2014 00:56
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Mellow I don't wish to get involved in a hostile argument with you here but Fernandez does have a point to his argument.

In A to Z's Threads the amount of repetition is bound to happen, especially when the Thread has been done to death.

Nothing personal here, I'm just stating a fact. Fernandez is entitled to his opinion and unless you have anything concrete to balance it out with then it's unfair for you to have a dig at him.
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2014 01:01 by Scottishbloke.)
28-09-2014 01:00
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

good to see the voting going the right way which is overwhelmingly no Smile

Piper Niven Superfan
28-09-2014 01:18
Whynot Offline
Just Me

I said this would happen... one guy opens up a debate and other member with an agenda of their own to make every thread about them hijacks it and makes it like every other thread Rolleyes

This forum is becoming more and more ridiculous.... it is impossible to open debates now.

I hate injustice and liars
28-09-2014 01:25
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I only voted No because I see value in the number of posts I contribute but I also see both sides of the argument. Those who have contributed more than one word answers quite rightly deserve their high posts to be displayed.
28-09-2014 01:26
Joey 27 Offline
Posting Machine

personally i don't care who has the most posts, i got past all that crap about 5 years ago on other forums, though i agree that this forum has too many pointless threads and it gets tedious having to trawl through them, i probably only view about 30-40% of threads on here anyway, and even though i post in some non babeshow related threads i wouldn't sign up to a babeshow forum just to talk about sport, celebrities and random shit and not comment on the babeshows and the babeshow babes even though my comments may be repetitive but life is repetitive

PS, rammy stop whining
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2014 04:00 by Joey 27.)
28-09-2014 03:57
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

On some forum software it is possible to exclude certain threads or sections from the post count. I don't know if myBB has that option, but it may be something to consider.

Thing is, people have abused reputation for their own reasons, people have been known to abuse thanks, and now we are looking at post count. Fact is, you could turn all these features off and someone somewhere will find something else to abuse for their own ends.

Besides that, like them or not, those 'spam' threads of the A-Z variety do serve a useful purpose. Let's face it, posting in the channel sections is like doing a belly-flop into a minefield, a simple post of an honest opinion gets attacked mercilessly and quickly descends into personal abuse all round, hardly the friendliest place for a newer member to venture into, whereas the more 'trivial' threads provide a safer haven where they can make a few initial posts, maybe get acquainted with a couple other forum members, and ease themselves in gently, and maybe therefore stick around and become more useful contributing members of the forum.

Also, what exactly do we define as a spam post, would we for example include posts of the kind :
"wah wah wah everyone is picking on me wah wah wah the mods aren't defending me wah wah wah I'm closing my account and leaving the forum wah wah wah"
because certain forum members seem to make posts of this kind on a boringly repetitive basis!

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
28-09-2014 11:08
Goodfella3041 Offline
Posting Machine

Nice post, Munch.

It does make me think that there is a much better solution. Instead of hiding the post count statistic, why not introduce something like a Fernandez Index (FI). Something like:

FI = [(2*REPS) + THANKS] / [POSTS]

The higher that number the more meaningful the poster's contributions to the forum.

No doubt we would then have threads decrying the abuse of 'reps' and 'thanks', so it is probably no solution at all. But math is fun, so I'm proposing it anyway...
28-09-2014 11:44
terence Offline

(28-09-2014 00:16 )Fernandez Esperenda Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 00:01 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  no one has mentioned me fenandez yes your right but it's blatantly clear it's me your aiming this thread at so you can continue your agenda against me

How is it clear I am aiming anything at you rammy? why are you getting so protective over this?

i don't know how long this thread will last but i think it's very clear who it's aimed at!

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
28-09-2014 11:49
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles