Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average

New channel launch

Markus76 Offline
Junior Poster

RE: New channel launch
(04-02-2015 09:10 )5 van chenco Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 03:06 )Digital Dave Wrote:  I must say ETV's business plan is one of the most bizarre I've ever come across and is perhaps based on a new and unknown school of business known as Wilful Commercial Suicide.

1. Alienate your established audience which you've spent many years cultivating over an entire continent.

You didn't mention that they have been alienating their established audience for many years. Cultivating? The only audience they have been cultivating in recent times is the audience for their website.

Of course,

ETV handles it like a Enemy. You dont think TV and web is the same Company, no it seems TV and Web has a fight against each other.

And Web must win..... What is in their Heads?
04-02-2015 09:16
Find all posts by this user
barracuda Offline
Master Poster

(03-02-2015 20:56 )mr mystery Wrote:  BS said on twitter that it would be starting on the 1st of Feb, they then said there would be a delay and wouldn't be starting on the 1st, they then posted a vague new general start date of the first week in Feb

And ETV also said last week it would be a not so vague starting date of the beginning of this week, they have now put it back to the beginning of next week, lol
So it looks like it has been put back twice to me, or at least it does from reading BS tweets and the new and revised start date of the begging of next week given by ETV .

I believe your analysis is flawed. First week in Feb is not a start date to me. I'd say that was the tweeter's best approximate guess. The only certainty is that they couldn't meet the original date of 1 Feb and don't feel confident about announcing a specific new date.

I don't think ETV know for sure when Cellcast are going to start broadcasts, so their statements must be taken as approximations too. Beginning of next week is not an exact start date. They probably know less than the Babestation tweeter of when Cellcast will be ready.
04-02-2015 13:12
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

Since the last mention of Eurobabes on 31st Jan, the BS twitter has been flooded with tweets about the 'babestation oscars' (32 tweets to date), as if they are doing their hardest to push the 'new channel' mentions as far down the list as possible, without deleting them.
It's a good thing we have this thread to remind us it still exists.
04-02-2015 13:34
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(04-02-2015 13:12 )barracuda Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 20:56 )mr mystery Wrote:  BS said on twitter that it would be starting on the 1st of Feb, they then said there would be a delay and wouldn't be starting on the 1st, they then posted a vague new general start date of the first week in Feb

And ETV also said last week it would be a not so vague starting date of the beginning of this week, they have now put it back to the beginning of next week, lol
So it looks like it has been put back twice to me, or at least it does from reading BS tweets and the new and revised start date of the begging of next week given by ETV .

I believe your analysis is flawed. First week in Feb is not a start date to me. I'd say that was the tweeter's best approximate guess. The only certainty is that they couldn't meet the original date of 1 Feb and don't feel confident about announcing a specific new date.

I don't think ETV know for sure when Cellcast are going to start broadcasts, so their statements must be taken as approximations too. Beginning of next week is not an exact start date. They probably know less than the Babestation tweeter of when Cellcast will be ready.

Well you are perfectly entitled to believe what you want, my analysis may well be flawed, it wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last lol .

. As far as i know what BS did was to give a start date of the 1st of Feb, they later said it wouldn't now be starting on the 1st, and it didn't start on the 1st of Feb .lol
After they said it now wouldn't be starting on the 1st of Feb, they said it would be starting from the first week in Feb, we now know it won't be starting from the first week in Feb as they said, and it didn't start on the 1st either (the original start date)
So for me, my belief is that's it's twice the Sky broadcast proposed starts seems to have been put back.

Whether the BS guy on twitter was using his best approximate guess when he said ETV would be starting from the first week in Feb, or if he was given actual info that they would be broadcasting this week i have no idea, but what he said has seemed to have been proved wrong .

Whether ETV know for sure when they will start broadcasting on Sky, or if they probably know less than the BS guy on twitter, i couldn't possibly say lol, but it didn't start at the beginning of this week like ETV said it would .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 19:52 by mr mystery.)
04-02-2015 14:56
Paul1982 Offline
Banned

oh dear it looks like etv and Babestation have shot themselves in the head let alone the foot.

i say we all boycot this farce when it arrives and show them just what we think of there 24 hour commercial.
04-02-2015 15:25
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

the more i real this thread the more depressing it gets, i just can see how the show is going to be a success,
sounds like they are going to put out a tamer show than xpanded but i would guess charge higher bs level prices, they are at the wrong end of the EPG so will get hardly any casual viewers, and unlike xpanded the channel they seam to be placing them selves to compete with they have a unknown roster so can't rely on a fanbase to get the call stats up,
there business model of being an advert for the web site will not work as ofcom will not let them plug it in anyway, i just can't see them making much from the uk market

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
04-02-2015 16:48
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

(04-02-2015 15:25 )Paul1982 Wrote:  i say we all boycot this farce when it arrives and show them just what we think of there 24 hour commercial.

Have they said the channel is broadcasting for 24 hours?
04-02-2015 17:11
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(04-02-2015 15:25 )Paul1982 Wrote:  oh dear it looks like etv and Babestation have shot themselves in the head let alone the foot.

i say we all boycot this farce when it arrives and show them just what we think of there 24 hour commercial.

Oh dear indeed and yes it's been a farce, will give it a chance when it finally launches though

Piper Niven Superfan
04-02-2015 17:16
Paul1982 Offline
Banned

(04-02-2015 17:11 )elgar1uk Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 15:25 )Paul1982 Wrote:  i say we all boycot this farce when it arrives and show them just what we think of there 24 hour commercial.

Have they said the channel is broadcasting for 24 hours?

oh maybe not, i just thought it was cos etv already is. is it only a night show then?
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 17:33 by Paul1982.)
04-02-2015 17:32
Slick84 Offline
Junior Poster

It's not strictly 24/7 but it does broadcast at most hours.

I think the UK satellite will only get the NS, though.
04-02-2015 18:16
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV