GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average

Back Home After Surgery

gunnar Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Back Home After Surgery
Get well soon Mate.

“Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
— Henry Kissinger

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
25-01-2015 00:03
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skully Offline

(24-01-2015 20:36 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  ....

Lastly because I'm under medication at the moment to kill the pain then I may be more prone for spelling or grammar errors. I'll try and see if I can do some vids but I can't promise anything as I was out for the count again last night and slept through all the shows. It's going to be a long road back to full recovery I suspect.

If we see some videos of Loose Women instead of babe channel girls, then we know what's gone wrong. All the best Smile

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
25-01-2015 13:06
SOCATOA Offline
"mini see through thong"

Sorry to hear you have had a nastySad Chill out and heal mateWink
25-01-2015 15:23
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

(25-01-2015 13:06 )skully Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 20:36 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  ....

Lastly because I'm under medication at the moment to kill the pain then I may be more prone for spelling or grammar errors. I'll try and see if I can do some vids but I can't promise anything as I was out for the count again last night and slept through all the shows. It's going to be a long road back to full recovery I suspect.

If we see some videos of Loose Women instead of babe channel girls, then we know what's gone wrong. All the best Smile

But aren't babe channel girls basically loos- You know what? Never mind. Tongue

Seriously though, get well soon Scottishbloke.

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
03-02-2015 00:17
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Just a further update on my recovery. I went to the hospital this morning, I have now had the surgical soft cask removed which was huge as it's purpose 2 weeks ago after the operation was to help reduce the swelling. I have now had that replaced with a hard cask which is much more narrower which means it's easier for me to put trousers and jeans on.

Before I was only able to fit shorts over the top of the previous cask which wasn't exactly ideal especially at this time of the year. By some small miracle I was able to put my jeans over my previous cask this morning before going up to the hospital.

The hard cask will stay on now for the next 4 weeks, I had a choice of colours, White, Pink, Blue or Black, I went for the Black colour as I'd imagine a Pink cask would have received a few strange looks Rolleyes

The next stage of my recovery will be in 4 weeks time which is when the hard cask will be removed to then be replaced with a special walking boot. I will then undergo physio to help me regain the strength back on my left ankle aswell as helping me to walk independently again. It now looks like it could be 3 months before I'm fully recovered to go back into work.

I am still on crutches but stage 1 of my recovery process has now been completed after a successful X-Ray on my ankle has shown that I'm making good progress.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 18:08 by Scottishbloke.)
05-02-2015 18:07
Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

You know when someone has a bogey hanging out their nose SB, would you tell them? I suspect you would laugh
So here goes and please dont shout at me, but you have a cast mate, not a cask.
Edit..To correct my own spelling mistakes, fuck sake Bounce
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 18:42 by Bandwagon.)
05-02-2015 18:35
Charlemagne Offline

I think that SB would benefit more from a cask.
Carried around the neck of a St Bernard and filled with slightly more than a wee dram. Smile
05-02-2015 21:36
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

No choice of Orange? How rude Sad Wink

Good to hear the recovery is at least going alright so far Smile

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
05-02-2015 21:41
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Just another update as to my condition. This morning I had the hard cast removed and following an x-ray the Doctor confirmed to me that the injury has now fully healed. I have now been instructed to start to bear weight on my left foot again.

Because of the length of time I spent keeping the left leg raised I have now lost a lot of muscle in that area so for the time being I will still be using the crutches but with a completely different technique. Instead of leading with my good foot I now lead with my weak one. After a week or so then I should be able to get by on just the one crutch to then losing them completely once I have regained my full strength.

At the moment I am still signed off work for a further 3 weeks which will be reassessed at the end this month. I must admit it feels very strange to be walking on 2 feet again Smile

I did think that I was going to get a special boot but the doctor went you need to start putting weight back on the foot immediately and then he asked me to walk, fuck me it was painful Smile

In 3 months time I require a very small operation to have one of the screws removed. At the moment I'm really looking forward to being able to finally have a bath, I'll leave the shower option for a few weeks yet I think as my balance isn't quite 100% yet.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2015 16:29 by Scottishbloke.)
05-03-2015 12:43
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Well just another update on my present condition. I'm almost back to making a full recovery, I have just undertaken my second session of physiotherapy in which I did a lot of work in the gym and have now been advised to abandon the crutches completely now when I'm on flat ground.

If I have to walk up hills or anything then just to use the one crutch. I have been given an exercise regime to carry out with everything focussed towards regaining full strength again in my left ankle and to balance again properly. So recovery wise I'm only now a few weeks away from being 100% again.

The downside to all this is the knowledge that I'll have to return to that dreaded thing called work very soon and rumour has it that the chances of me slipping again on ice are quite remote, ah well until next winter that is Wink

I still however do require a further operation to remove one of the screws that was placed as a temporary measure to fuse all the bones back into their rightful place so that might still give me a few more weeks off yet.
10-04-2015 18:02

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles