Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Sin TV - General Chat & Discussion

davy crockett Offline
Master Poster

RE: Sin TV - General Chat & Discussion
(21-09-2015 05:57 )Justin-Dabath Wrote:  The girl on the Sin recorded show currently this minute - is the hottest girl on any of the channels at this minute in time,

It was Anna Rose when I checked earlier.
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2015 11:43 by davy crockett.)
21-09-2015 11:42
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

The biggest disappointment for me regarding the closing of this channel, is that we won't see those sets again.

I loved most of those sets and thought they really made some of the sessions fun! Also, the lighting was always very good on this channel, more subtle and less overly bright than on others.

Oh well.
21-09-2015 14:02
Dave_A Offline
Senior Poster

(19-09-2015 14:25 )DB83 Wrote:  ^^ So there is absolute proof that s66 sold that slot ? If they were selling they surely would have gone earlier than they did and Sin could have started sooner and, maybe, had a better chance.

I doubt s66 sold the channel slot, my understanding is that it probably wasn't theirs to sell, from what i gather Northern & Shell of tvx fame purchased the channel slots formally used by Bluebird, 942 was one of these i believe.
TVX had some sort of agreement with s66 were s66 broadcast babe shows from the channel slots purchased by TVX/RedHot.

If my understanding of channel ownership is correct, then it would be down to Northern & Shell to sell the channel slot and not s66 .
21-09-2015 18:35
Dave_A Offline
Senior Poster

(20-09-2015 02:54 )admiral decker Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 22:47 )DB83 Wrote:  ^^ Ok. They do have a broadcasting licence so that could be sold on with the approval of Ofcom.

Broadcasting licences can't be sold on under any circumstances. An existing channel can be sold, but the buyer would have to apply to Ofcom for their own licence to broadcast.

With Ofcom's prior written consent Sin tv's licence could be transferred to the company buying the channel .

Ofcom give details concerning the transferability of Satellite TV licences here [check section 19] http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/t...idance.pdf

If i'm understanding things right, it looks like it could be beneficial financially for a buyer to opt to apply to have Sin tv's licence transferred to them instead of applying for a new one of their own .
It seems Ofcom charge £1,000 to consider licence transfer requests, but charge £2,500 for new licence applications requests.

When Storm Sky channel 939 had a change of ownership a few years ago the licence was transferred from Chat Central limited the old licencee to Live Television Limited the new licencee, this licence transfer detail is given in this licence bulletin http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/tv-broadca...tes/072012
22-09-2015 01:05
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(22-09-2015 01:05 )Dave_A Wrote:  With Ofcom's prior written consent Sin tv's licence could be transferred to the company buying the channel .

Exactly. You can't do anything without Ofcom's consent, which means that you can't just decide to sell a licence. It would have no value if you tried to sell it anyway, as the other party could simply apply for their own licence.
22-09-2015 11:33
dave34 Offline
Posting Machine

(21-09-2015 18:35 )Dave_A Wrote:  
(19-09-2015 14:25 )DB83 Wrote:  ^^ So there is absolute proof that s66 sold that slot ? If they were selling they surely would have gone earlier than they did and Sin could have started sooner and, maybe, had a better chance.

I doubt s66 sold the channel slot, my understanding is that it probably wasn't theirs to sell, from what i gather Northern & Shell of tvx fame purchased the channel slots formally used by Bluebird, 942 was one of these i believe.
TVX had some sort of agreement with s66 were s66 broadcast babe shows from the channel slots purchased by TVX/RedHot.

If my understanding of channel ownership is correct, then it would be down to Northern & Shell to sell the channel slot and not s66 .
Should not sky who say what channel has the slot as it is they EPG after all. So let's say redhot that was using tryed to sell the slot sky could then give the channel number to let's say the storm then they is not a thing that redhot or the channel they where go to give the slot to can do about it sky control the EPG. In other word what iam say is that sky gave final say who get the slots not broadcasters them selfs

David is Darly's newest fan also a big fan of Charlie C ,Tiffany & Camilla, Kandi Kay & Rachel Taylor , Ruby Summer & Ree Petra, Kitty from Asian Connections & Jasmine from Asian Connections

top 4 channels as they are BS / Xpanded TV & Studio 66 TV & Asian Connections
23-09-2015 01:03
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

(23-09-2015 01:03 )dave34 Wrote:  what iam say is that sky gave final say who get the slots not broadcasters them selfs

No, this isn't the case. If you want a standard definition EPG slot you have no choice but to buy it from someone who's already got one. You don't go to Sky and there's no way of getting a slot from them.

In Sky's own words, the only way to get a standard definition channel onto the EPG is "by acquiring the rights and obligations associated with an EPG listing from an existing broadcaster on the Sky platform".
23-09-2015 12:05
Charlemagne Offline

Does Thai & Louise get repeat fees for being on perminent loop.

But I suppose a repeat of nothing is nothing bladewave
25-09-2015 06:45
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

I'd have chosen some of the other babes for constant repetition Wink But it's no wonder they're so upset, they appear to be workaholics Sad

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
25-09-2015 08:32
Tractor boy Offline
Beth's number 1 fan

I wish they would repeat some night shows at night or even show some different dayshows.bladewave
25-09-2015 08:46