Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Sin TV - General Chat & Discussion

DB83 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Sin TV - General Chat & Discussion
Seems that they have broken that tape.

Or the EPG/channel has been 'acquired' by a dating service.
25-09-2015 20:59
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tractor boy Offline
Beth's number 1 fan

It's been like that for a few hours now, maybe this is finally the end of sin TV.
25-09-2015 21:08
Lamarr l 21 l Offline
RIP Chloe Love

There website is now fully offline... Just as people thought they were coming back it looks like they are not
25-09-2015 22:20
DB83 Offline
Posting Machine

Well the website went awol weeks before the channel went off so I hardly consider that to be a marker.

Maybe, just maybe, they have a 'broadcasting partner' so use some hours for the dating stuff and broadcast live at other times.

Why would they claim to have new studios if that was just pie in the sky ?

Or were they green enough to think that anyone would work for them again ?
25-09-2015 23:25
Lamarr l 21 l Offline
RIP Chloe Love

^ Nope it happened recently my friend, before it displayed a message saying "This website is offline" now the URL is not working what so ever
26-09-2015 00:41
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(26-09-2015 00:41 )Lamarr l 21 l Wrote:  ^ Nope it happened recently my friend, before it displayed a message saying "This website is offline" now the URL is not working whatsoever

That sounds like the site host pulling the plug.
If the bill wasn't paid, it's not uncommon that they would put up an 'offline' banner to block the site, but keep the server in place, to give the customer a chance to settle up and recover their site. After a period of time, if the bill still isn't paid, they will wipe the server, clear the dns entries, and the site becomes dead.
So I don't think it tells us much more than we already knew.

If they bought the site name through the host company as well, it may be tricky to get that back, so if they do attempt a return, expect a new url.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
26-09-2015 10:48
bigglesworth Offline
Master Poster

Webhosting is generally paid in advance though, so I can't see there being any unpaid bill. I'm sure the host has been paid in full.

As for the domain, that would have been paid in advance too, as being the normal/requred practice. So the registrar can't refuse to let Sin TV have it (if they actually wanted it), otherwise it would be a breach of the registrar's duty and obligations to the domain name registry.
27-09-2015 05:09
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

I haven't been able to access the site since June or July so not surprised that it is now offline

not surprised that arrest warrants haven't been issued for those responsible for running the station by now

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
27-09-2015 07:27
Charlemagne Offline

Channels often start at the beginning of a month. So it will interesting to see if they return on Thursday.

27-09-2015 08:21
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(27-09-2015 05:09 )bigglesworth Wrote:  Webhosting is generally paid in advance though, so I can't see there being any unpaid bill. I'm sure the host has been paid in full.

As for the domain, that would have been paid in advance too, as being the normal/required practice. So the registrar can't refuse to let Sin TV have it (if they actually wanted it), otherwise it would be a breach of the registrar's duty and obligations to the domain name registry.

Well, we're speculating here, I have no idea what their actual arrangements are/were.
Nevertheless, a quick look up shows the domain name was registered via godaddy, but the site itself appears to be hosted by 1and1/fasthosts.
The domain would indeed be paid in advance, and as it is separate from the hosting, they shouldn't have any issues accessing it (if it was bundled with the hosting, and they had in some way defaulted, it can be tricky recovering it even though technically, they 'own' the name).

A quick look on fasthosts site shows they seem to offer hosting packages which are a 12 month contract billed monthly. 1and1 have various deals, mainly they seem to be monthly contracts, but they offer discounts for the first 3 or 6 months, so you have a 3 or 6 month contract (billed monthly), then monthly thereafter.
Either way, stop paying the monthly bill, the site will eventually get pulled.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
27-09-2015 09:21