Click here to watch RED LIGHT CENTRAL

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Playboy Takeover?

BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Playboy Takeover?
(01-06-2015 00:55 )Will Drifter Wrote:  Most callers to the babe channels are not experienced viewers /callers.

Very true. It's worth remembering that when Ofcom proposed to make all adult channels encrypted, the babe channels pointed out that most of their revenue was from casual viewers and therefore making them go encrypted would effectively force them to close down, as not many casual viewers would bother to sign up to an encrypted service.

Of course if it was different, and the channels derived their income largely from regular callers, Ofcom would have had no need to try and get the channels to become encrypted because in that scenario the channels would have wanted to voluntarily encrypt their broadcasts anyway in order to avoid the nuisance and threat of Ofcom scrutiny.
01-06-2015 12:26
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

If Playboy's high EPG slot is so desirable and lucrative, why are they needing to sell it off.
01-06-2015 12:31
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

I doubt if they need to sell it, but in business everything has its price. They must have got an offer they felt they couldn't refuse.
01-06-2015 12:40
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(01-06-2015 12:31 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  If Playboy's high EPG slot is so desirable and lucrative, why are they needing to sell it off.

Do we know they're actually selling it? Could Xpanded not just be taking over the lease from RLC?
01-06-2015 13:07
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

(01-06-2015 10:44 )Bandwagon Wrote:  Why would Willy the Wanker not investigate every option available? After all, he's paid for that privilege.

I have another question. Why do many people buy items in shops that you can easily get online for less?
01-06-2015 13:45
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

I could be wrong, but i don't think that Playboy UK are selling off the 902 channel slot .
This is a channel slot that Playboy over quite a few years has leased out to other company's, Bang Babes broadcast on it for a while .
I'm not so sure it costs huge amounts of more money to lease these channel slots at the beginning of the Adult section compared to those those at the far end either, although they probably will cost more than those at the far end .
Bang Babes, Chat Girl, Asian connections, RLC, have all leased channels slots at various times from Playboy towards the beginning of the adult section .
Apart from RLC non of the company's behind those channels seemed to be company's with huge amounts of money to throw around, and that includes Xpanded,.

If Xpanded is purchasing the channel slot out right, and if it would cost huge amounts of money to do so (according to what's been posted on here), then were is the huge amount of money coming from ?, have they got a mystery backer ?

The company behind Xpanded has a bad credit rating with lenders being advised not to borrow them anything (or words to that effect).
Xpanded only has £120,882 in the bank.
They have a minus net worth of - £590,610
They have liability's of £1,253,787

In contrast the company behind RLC has a good credit rating .
RLC has £427,344 in the bank
They have a net worth of £1,765,466
They have liabilities of £438,256

Whatever you think about RLC, they seem to be run on a good financial footing compared to some babe channels, if RLC are giving up this channel slot or even finishing altogether, it doesn't seem to be because they can't afford financially to carry on .

Anyway, speculation time, maybe Playboy want more money for the lease of channels than RLC are prepared to pay ?, or Phil has just got bored running the channels and thinks they are more trouble than they are worth ? .

{edit}
If anyone is interested and doesn't have Sky, the Sky adult section is in the 900's , "Playboy TV" (encrypted) is the first and lowest numbered channel, it broadcasts on Sky channel 900, Babes From TV is the last one in the adult section and the highest numbered channel, it broadcasts on Sky channel 945 .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 16:45 by mr mystery.)
01-06-2015 14:04
dave34 Offline
Posting Machine

^ if a channel wants to sell a slot do they have talk to sky about it. as i am sure sky could give lets say the slot to other channel say Babstation or storm . so what i am trying to say is if Playboy wanted to lease both its slots could sky give them slots to other channels that would make better use of them.
in other words can sky have a final say in the mater.

David is Darly's newest fan also a big fan of Charlie C ,Tiffany & Camilla, Kandi Kay & Rachel Taylor , Ruby Summer & Ree Petra, Kitty from Asian Connections & Jasmine from Asian Connections

top 4 channels as they are BS / Xpanded TV & Studio 66 TV & Asian Connections
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 22:11 by dave34.)
01-06-2015 22:10
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

^
I don't know how it works to be honest, Sky has to be involved to some degree.
But once Sky has been paid for the channel slots i don't think they could give them slots to another broadcaster if the broadcaster that paid for them wanted to then lease them out, i shouldn't think it matters to Sky . .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
01-06-2015 23:27
iluvcathy Offline
Missing Robyn Ryder

(01-06-2015 08:42 )Charlemagne Wrote:  The Red Light site has been down for about a week for reconstruction

[Image: image-1877_556C0C18.jpg]

What's happening to Playboy / Red Light may be clearer then

I doubt it very much. The date on the page was changed from 03/06 to 04/06, it is now half way through 04/06 and there's still no sign of the new website startingbladewave

I AM STILL ONLINE, BUT NO LONGER DO ANY RECORDING UNFORTUNATELY

PLUS I DO NOT HAVE COPIES OF ANY OF MY PREVIOUS RECORDINGS EITHER, SO THERE'S NO POINT ASKING ME
04-06-2015 11:58
tjl007 Offline
Master Poster

Would the powers that be at playboy not redlight central have say in using the playboy name if there was a takeover.

BRING BACK WENDY TAYLOR AND ROBYN RYDER!!!!
04-06-2015 12:04

Click here to watch RED LIGHT CENTRAL