Click here to watch RED LIGHT CENTRAL

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average

Red Light Central - Web Show - Chat & Discussion

SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Red Light Central - Web Show - Chat & Discussion
^ Interesting. If RLC agreed longer payment for a higher percentage revenue share it may well have been a false economy as lack of cash is what kills most businesses. That's why you often see payment terms of say 90 days from big organisations but if you want paying earlier you have to accept less than 100% of the due amount. Lots of smaller businesses take the earlier payment terms to get hold of the cash. There are other ways (invoice discounting) where finance companies provide the cash earlier in return for a fee (often say paying 90% of the invoice) to the business e.g. RLC and collecting the full invoice amount from the supplier e.g. Rampant.

It's impossible to say from here if RLC got the best deal for them but I'd guarantee that Rampant know their pricing and profitability very very well indeed and no doubt this deal was a good one for them. It's usual when pricing such business that anything non standard has to go to a pricing committee to confirm that profitability thresholds are met.

It's easy to work out if a smaller revenue with faster payment is better than larger revenue share but slower payment.
01-01-2018 19:25
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

of the 5:30 they have been live so far today there stream on there website has worked for about 1 hour, didn't start working until 4 and crashed again not long after 5, add to this people on twitter are saying the phones are not working properly and RLC are in trouble,
if they cant get these tech issues fixed it will be the end for them Sad

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2018 17:56 by winsaw.)
02-01-2018 17:40
russmeyer Offline
Senior Poster

I think they've under estimated the technical challenge Rampant have many years experience to get to wheer they are now
03-01-2018 01:14
lukebrown06 Offline
Account Closed

I just want to add my two cents worth here.

Rampant (Firestorm Media) has a long history in this business. They first started providing the online infrastructure for Babestation (cellcast) and as they were good at what they did others such as Studio 66 TV, RLC etc worked with them. Their entire business model was built on % per minute. Babestation pays the least per minute. Why? Because they have the highest number of call minutes. Simple as that. All contracts are based on projections. If a channel generates more minutes than expected then they can negotiate. Poor Ibabes.tv will probably make the least atm.

Yes, Rampant takes a while to pay the channels, because they have to wait for payment from the phone networks. And also Rampant runs the risk of a caller disputing their phone bill (charge backs) so they will hold a % back for this. Of a two quid a min call, rampant will get around 1.50 a min. They probably pass to the channel list less than 50%. so 75p a min.

In my view, RLC leaving Rampant was a mistake. They get the eyeballs on rampant they won't get on redlightbabes unless they are amazing at SEO.

Happy new year.
Luke
03-01-2018 18:15
Superhans95 Offline
Master Poster

(03-01-2018 18:15 )lukebrown06 Wrote:  I just want to add my two cents worth here.

Rampant (Firestorm Media) has a long history in this business. They first started providing the online infrastructure for Babestation (cellcast) and as they were good at what they did others such as Studio 66 TV, RLC etc worked with them. Their entire business model was built on % per minute. Babestation pays the least per minute. Why? Because they have the highest number of call minutes. Simple as that. All contracts are based on projections. If a channel generates more minutes than expected then they can negotiate. Poor Ibabes.tv will probably make the least atm.

Yes, Rampant takes a while to pay the channels, because they have to wait for payment from the phone networks. And also Rampant runs the risk of a caller disputing their phone bill (charge backs) so they will hold a % back for this. Of a two quid a min call, rampant will get around 1.50 a min. They probably pass to the channel list less than 50%. so 75p a min.

In my view, RLC leaving Rampant was a mistake. They get the eyeballs on rampant they won't get on redlightbabes unless they are amazing at SEO.

Happy new year.
Luke

Happy new year Luke and welcome to the forum!

I agree. The people running RLC clearly do not have enough experience on the technical side (blank screens daily) and don't have good enough advertising.

They have a few issues, not enough girls: Currently it is the Kellie and Maxie show, absolutely no nightshows, unreliable girls and someday no shows at all because of that.

At least they've finally got the website sorted out, a bit later than their predicted April 2017 Bounce
04-01-2018 12:41
winsaw Offline

they got this message on there site today where the stream screen should be

[Image: rlc_1499.jpg]

very strange as Lottie Lovelace was meant to be on she traveled lastnight stayed in a hotel so guess she is not happy

i wonder if they have realized that this html5 stream they are using cant be watched on so many peoples computers, you look at twitter and so many of the people who use to call each day saying they cant watch the show now, they have to be loosing so much money,

06-01-2018 15:06
Superhans95 Offline
Master Poster

(06-01-2018 15:06 )winsaw Wrote:  they got this message on there site today where the stream screen should be

[Image: rlc_1499.jpg]

very strange as Lottie Lovelace was meant to be on she traveled lastnight stayed in a hotel so guess she is not happy

i wonder if they have realized that this html5 stream they are using cant be watched on so many peoples computers, you look at twitter and so many of the people who use to call each day saying they cant watch the show now, they have to be loosing so much money,

Time and again it's just unprofessional from RLC. Fancy doing technical upgrades on a Saturday... the busiest day for them I'm sure, and there's only FA cup football on so even more viewers than usual!

They really do need to sort it out
06-01-2018 15:32
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

Is tomorrow the 7th Dec 2017 ? Huh
06-01-2018 15:48
winsaw Offline

(06-01-2018 15:48 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  Is tomorrow the 7th Dec 2017 ? Huh

yes Rolleyes apparently RLC are going to announce some exciting changes to the way to broadcast they show next week eek that will make them a big player again BounceBounceBounce

06-01-2018 16:25
lukebrown06 Offline
Account Closed

They are still having issues. Not worth wasting your time or money with anymore.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2018 17:16 by lukebrown06.)
07-01-2018 17:11

Click here to watch RED LIGHT CENTRAL