Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[split] Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

7 stars of the orient Offline
Posting Machine

[split] Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
(02-02-2016 16:10 )mrmann Wrote:  Well, Kerrie Lee just had her best night in a VERY long time

I don't think Studio 66 ever rated her that highly, to be honest.

By the way, unless you've got the relevant call stats to hand, your claim above means nothing.
02-02-2016 16:59
Find all posts by this user
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
^ Your first sentence I agree with completely.

Your second sentence is absolute tosh. Of course there are other meaningful value judgements for this kind of thing other than commercial success. Guys don't phone in these channels thinking "OMG I must knock one out to this 'cause I bet it's making sooo much money". Get real.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
02-02-2016 17:51
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

(02-02-2016 16:59 )7 stars of the orient Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 16:10 )mrmann Wrote:  Well, Kerrie Lee just had her best night in a VERY long time

I don't think Studio 66 ever rated her that highly, to be honest.

By the way, unless you've got the relevant call stats to hand, your claim above means nothing.

Has it occurred to you that mrmann may have been talking from a viewer perspective and stating HIS opinion on the quality of her show in comparison to his view of previous shows which by the way I completely agree with. Based on the reaction to her first BS show it would appear the consensus so far is that she put on a very enyoyable show.
Kerrie thrived with the sets she was able to use, the solo airtime and the freedom of movement IN MY OPINION!!
People are allowed to express an opinion based on their perception of the quality of show and performance.
People do this on the forum all the time.
Some might even suggest it is primarily what the forum should be used for with relevance to the shows.
It appears that either you have misinterpreted the sentiment behind his post or look as though you are inferring that call stats should supercede public opinion for forum purposes.
If you have done the latter and assume that everyone else should do the same then it should be noted that a huge percentage of posts on here would be invalidated on the basis that public enjoyment or lack of it would not be deemed sufficiently important to be posted on here as only call stats would ever count.
If call stats are the only thing to be commented about on this forum then the forum itself would be largely pointless as we do not have the call stats at our disposal.
Forum members can view the shows, call the shows and express an opinion. I get the feeling mrmann was expressing an opinion. Maybe he might like to confirm or deny just to make sure Wink.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 19:41 by Snooks.)
02-02-2016 19:22
Dave_A Offline
Senior Poster

(02-02-2016 16:59 )7 stars of the orient Wrote:  

I should think her call stat's for last night on BS were greater overall than her stat's on Studio 66 .

What you have to realise is that she was broadcasting on Sky, freeview and the web last night, whereas Studio 66 doesn't broadcast on freeview, the BS girls have said the phones are much busier when they are on freeview as well as Sky, so you don't really need stat's just use a bit of common sense .

Channels pay a lot of money to broadcast on freeview, they wouldn't do that if the girls didn't get more calls overall than when they broadcast on Sky only .
02-02-2016 20:43
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(02-02-2016 20:43 )Dave_A Wrote:  Channels pay a lot of money to broadcast on freeview, they wouldn't do that if the girls didn't get more calls overall than when they broadcast on Sky only

No kidding.

Thank you for bringing us this amazing revelation.
02-02-2016 21:36
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

^ To be fair admiral, don't you think that sometimes the obvious needs to be stated in order to counter half-baked arguments like 7 Stars'?

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
02-02-2016 21:50
Doddle Online
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(02-02-2016 19:22 )snookered147 Wrote:  Has it occurred to you that mrmann may have been talking from a viewer perspective and stating HIS opinion on the quality of her show in comparison to his view of previous shows which by the way I completely agree with. Based on the reaction to her first BS show it would appear the consensus so far is that she put on a very enyoyable show.
Kerrie thrived with the sets she was able to use, the solo airtime and the freedom of movement IN MY OPINION!!
People are allowed to express an opinion based on their perception of the quality of show and performance.
Some might even suggest it is primarily what the forum should be used for with relevance to the shows.
Forum members can view the shows, call the shows and express an opinion.
Oh well, since you ask...

She's utter crap, in my opinion.

Hope this helps laugh

Bet it doesn't... Rolleyes

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
02-02-2016 21:52
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

(02-02-2016 21:52 )Doddle Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 19:22 )snookered147 Wrote:  Has it occurred to you that mrmann may have been talking from a viewer perspective and stating HIS opinion on the quality of her show in comparison to his view of previous shows which by the way I completely agree with. Based on the reaction to her first BS show it would appear the consensus so far is that she put on a very enyoyable show.
Forum members can view the shows, call the shows and express an opinion.
Oh well, since you ask...

She's utter crap, in my opinion.

Hope this helps laugh

Bet it doesn't... Rolleyes

That's fine.
Opinions are what the forum seems to be largely about.
Everyone has different tastes.
Wouldn't it be a boring world if we all liked and disliked the same things? Smile.

02-02-2016 21:56
7 stars of the orient Offline
Posting Machine

(02-02-2016 17:51 )ShandyHand Wrote:  Of course there are other meaningful value judgements for this kind of thing other than commercial success. Guys don't phone in these channels thinking "OMG I must knock one out to this 'cause I bet it's making sooo much money". Get real.

You're the one who needs to get real.

The poster stated that he was addressing "Studio 66 producers". The only measure such people would be interested in is commercial success.

As he wasn't addressing the "guys" you speak of your comments are irrelevant.
02-02-2016 22:17
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(02-02-2016 21:50 )ShandyHand Wrote:  ^ To be fair admiral, don't you think that sometimes the obvious needs to be stated in order to counter half-baked arguments like 7 Stars'?

How has his argument been countered? Whether half-baked or not, his argument hasn't been countered.

How would stating the obvious counter anyone's argument anyway?
02-02-2016 22:33
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Studio 66