Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average

Soho sleaze and striptease

Kevin555 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Soho sleaze and striptease
Hi
On my last visit to Soho with some friends, they pointed out some sights that I did not know. Principal amongst them was Tyler’s Court. No sleaze, it is just of Berwick Street, now it looks innocuous but it has in the basement area a large amount of storage cubicles. It was designed like this for the market traders. My friend was saying that today it is still used by the market traders but also by the homeless and while sounding appalling provides a dry roof over their heads.
On my visits I usually begin at Warren Street and finish around Green Park or the Thames and in the last 18 months have noticed the huge increase in homeless people and in 2016 this is a very tragic occurrence and takes the edge of the Soho visits. For Tyler’s Court see attached images.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

23-11-2016 14:21
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kevin555 Offline
Posting Machine

Hi
Another new place has come up. The Pink Pussycat, now tis was mentioned today, one guy thought the location was either Dean Street or Firth Street, and the other said no it was in Mayfair. The club was a upmarket hostess club, and at one point the sponsored a salon racing car driven by Tony Lanfranchi see Wiki below
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Lanfranchi
On hearing the description I said it was more likely to be St James but the guys both hold firm to their locations.
Does anyone have any information about this
30-11-2016 17:08
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

(30-11-2016 17:08 )Kevin555 Wrote:  one guy thought the location was either Dean Street or Firth Street, and the other said no it was in Mayfair. The club was a upmarket hostess club
On hearing the description I said it was more likely to be St James but the guys both hold firm to their locations.

The Pink Pussycat was located at 8-10 Brewer Street. It was definitely upmarket, as it was expensive, had the best looking girls and all the staff wore the smartest suits and bow ties. I'm not sure when it opened, but it closed in 1984.
30-11-2016 18:43
Kevin555 Offline
Posting Machine

Hi
Many thanks Elgar, more stories from back in the day. The girls at the Pink Pussycat were not from the usual rota, they were London based but several had attended university and a lot more had been privately educated.
At least one of the door staff was a former soldier with the full 22 years’ service. In addition if my friend’s memory is correct it also served decent food. It was also very expensive, my friend was saying that in 1980ish one of his colleagues received a bonus of £1,000 and spent the lot in one night. To get that in perspective in 1985 I purchased a one bedroomed flat in Crouch End for £28,000. Today the same flat is worth £330,000 so adjusting for inflation that would be around £11,750 a huge amount of money.
One other thing we were wondering about is what the old staff are doing today, anybody have any clues?
01-12-2016 14:25
Kevin555 Offline
Posting Machine

(08-11-2016 16:44 )shaun blue Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 20:03 )Kevin555 Wrote:  Some good news for you The shop is back see below
http://vintagemagazinecompany.co.uk/en/c...4-about-us

I really hope that it continues, it was an icon shop, shame it is not in the traditional location but something is better than nothing

I agree with you, I've always felt it was iconic. Another good bit of Soho gone! Still as you say it's good that it survives in some form.

Hi
Went past the Vintage Magazine Sop it has re-opened as a branch of the Vintage Clothing Company and all the original fixtures are in place. Really pleased I had feared it would have become a chain of one of the Coffee Companies or some other twee little chain
16-12-2016 14:38
Kevin555 Offline
Posting Machine

Hi
Been a while since I posted but work and illness has taken my time. Just to say been a Wally, all the images I posted I never saved them on a second hard drive and my laptop has failed beyond economic repair.
So a warning for all
05-04-2017 19:39
schvall Offline
Senior Poster

(01-12-2016 14:25 )Kevin555 Wrote:  One other thing we were wondering about is what the old staff are doing today, anybody have any clues?

I don't know what became of the staff of the Pink Pussycat, but the club itself became Raymond's Piano Bar. It was Paul Raymond's attempt to move into the gay market, which he'd always had an eye on, and it turned out to be very successful. It was possibly Soho's first openly gay club.
09-04-2017 16:00
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

(05-04-2017 19:39 )Kevin555 Wrote:  Just to say been a Wally, all the images I posted I never saved them on a second hard drive and my laptop has failed beyond economic repair.
So a warning for all

I'm sorry to hear this Kev. As you say it's a warning for all.

I've never owned a laptop, but I assume they are more or less built the same as PCs are, so is it not possible to salvage the hard drive and connect it up to a different computer?
10-04-2017 14:29
andyjb Offline
Posting Machine

Have a look through this,

http://www.wikihow.com/Recover-Data-from...ead-Laptop

Never had a laptop only PCs.

I have older machines that still work well, but a couple of years back one failed to recognise the drive when booting up. I installed a brand new drive with operating system and got it back.

It was a SATA drive, so having some external ones, I carefully removed one from its enclosure and installed the old one. It worked fine and I managed to salvage what I wanted.

I have also got an external IDE enclosure and other IDE adapters that work fine.

If you go for an enclosure or adapter, just make sure to get the right type for your drive.

Other forum members are probably more experienced with this sort of thing, so feel free to correct me on any mistakes.

As Financial Domination continues to grow, less enthusiasm is required when putting on a show.
10-04-2017 15:45
marlowe Offline
Posting Machine

This is a picture of Soho I just stumbled across online. It claims to be from 1985 but I find that date a bit hard to believe.

[Image: image-C127_58EE0313.jpg]
12-04-2017 11:47

Click here to watch Babestation TV