babestation harem

Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The London strip pub scene

elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

RE: The London strip pub scene
(28-07-2017 09:19 )Kevin555 Wrote:  In that area there was also The Spiral Staircase

Where was The Spiral Staircase? I vaguely remember hearing that name but I don't think I ever knew where it was.

On Hackney Road alone I can recall 11 pubs which featured striptease at one time or another: Browns, Hole In The Wall, Flying Scud, George & Dragon, King's Arms, Limes, Pied Bull, Pig & Whistle, Short Blue, Temple Street Tap, Ye Olde Axe.
01-08-2017 15:28
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kevin555 Offline
Posting Machine

Quote:Where was The Spiral Staircase? I vaguely remember hearing that name but I don't think I ever knew where it was.
Hi

The Spiral was on the corner looking at Browns it was in the daytime a wine bar with food, the events took place downstairs.

Route to it was along Bishopsgate towards Brown's past the pub that had strippers, (Now Flats) and keep on till you could see Browns on the other corner

Hope this helps
01-08-2017 15:48
shaun blue Offline
Senior Poster

(27-07-2017 15:31 )trevor format Wrote:  In central London there are now only 6 or 7 strip pubs, depending on whether you still count the Metropolis as a pub.

Nowadays the Metropolis doesn't start until 7pm. Since it's not open in the daytime I don't think it should count as a pub anymore.
04-08-2017 14:10
Kevin555 Offline
Posting Machine

Hi
I was discussing former pubs which in the 70s/80s had regular strippers on during the week. My friend mentioned that in Kentish Town one pub had for about 2 years strippers Thursday evening, Saturday lunchtime and after the lunch show they took a break for around an hour and then a Stag show with the same girls. Now this was in the time of pubs closing at 3.00 pm and opening in the evening again at 5.30 pm, so they had a lock in
He was saying that the shows were pricey but ended up with a full on Blue Show. This all came to an end with a visit from the police who in turn informed the brewery that they would be opposing the licence if the landlord continued working in the premises.
For the life of himself he could not remember the name of the pub, does anyone know anything about this place
09-08-2017 17:42
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

I used to hear pubs in Kentish Town discussed and heard of about 6 or 7 strip pubs in that vicinity, but I wouldn't know which one you are referring to. Have you any idea of the address, because if I knew what street it was on I could probably give you a name.
10-08-2017 01:51
Kevin555 Offline
Posting Machine

(10-08-2017 01:51 )elgar1uk Wrote:  I used to hear pubs in Kentish Town discussed and heard of about 6 or 7 strip pubs in that vicinity, but I wouldn't know which one you are referring to. Have you any idea of the address, because if I knew what street it was on I could probably give you a name.

Hi Elgar,

I was in the area today and the pub is still there but it has been gentrified and is called Camden's Daughter, it was previously The Old Farmhouse

Just up the road The Bull and Gate is still going no strippers I say the great Nicky Roberts dance there
06-09-2017 15:13
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

(06-09-2017 15:13 )Kevin555 Wrote:  the pub is still there but it has been gentrified and is called Camden's Daughter, it was previously The Old Farmhouse

Just up the road The Bull and Gate is still going

To be honest I haven't heard of either of those pubs. I looked up Camden's Daughter and found it's on Kentish Town Road. I did hear of a couple of strip pubs being on that road, but not The Old Farmhouse, that's a new one to me. Same with the Bull and Gate. The only Bull I used to know of as a strip pub was the Bull and Pump in Shoreditch High Street, now the Rainbow Sports Bar.
07-09-2017 04:45
Kevin555 Offline
Posting Machine

Hi
Yesterday I was having lunch with a friend, he was saying he knows of one of the 1970s strippers who lives in North London

He met her when she was dancing at The Chelsea Drugstore (Now McDonald's Restaurant) Very nice lady she danced in South London to avoid people she knew in the north, she also danced at Kennington Lane, Camberwell and surrounding area.

She went on to become a Strip O Gram, then settled down with a husband, today they are comfortable and she has granddaughter's

Funny how she will answer the question "And what did you work as when you were young Granny"
28-09-2017 10:37
Kevin555 Offline
Posting Machine

Hi

I was having lunch with a friend today and he made the suggestion that I should visit and photograph the old 1970s stripper pubs with any relevant stories.
Some would have a change of name or purpose and all would have abandoned strippers.

Does anyone have any pubs in the Greater London area they would like to be reminded of ? I shall then try to visit

Not keen on travelling more than 60 mins though
27-08-2018 17:41
tom shredder Offline
Apprentice Poster

I visited The Horns a few days ago. I hadn't been there before and was a bit surprised to find out that it's a sister pub to Browns. Anyway not a bad experience, with some nice girls from Brazil. but these days the £1s in the jug do mount up as they keep the action going with 10 girls on stage every hour.
07-07-2019 03:38

Click here to watch Babestation TV