gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is a rep given for?

Jay1 Offline
Master Poster

What is a rep given for?
I ask the question that this thread is named as I'm becoming increasingly confused as to why forum members give reps and what reps are meant to represent. Nicole Snow - beautiful girl, great performer in my opinion - recently joined the forum. It's great to have some of the babes posting on the forum. Some of their posts may be to us the 'ordinary' forum members liking, some may not, but still, at least they interact. My impression was, and is, that reps are given to members for posts, caps, opinions given. Earned if you like. That's how I interpreted it. I do notice however that girls, and very specifically, girls who work on the shows are given reps just for joining the forum. Nicole - and I'm only using her as an example as she's the latest to join - has been given 8 reps for 1 post in which she thanks members for praising her. I've heard the arguments of "I rep every new member" and I'm sure some members do but I hardly ever see a new member receive such a disproportionate number of reps to posts unless they're either female or a babe channel girl. Wondered what other forum members opinions were.

I hit a length more consistently than even Glenn McGrath used to.
12-12-2016 02:54
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

RE: What is a rep given for?
Just speaking for myself... I rep who I choose, for whatever reason I choose, and I don't feel obliged to justify it to anybody.
12-12-2016 03:21
Jay1 Offline
Master Poster

(12-12-2016 03:21 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  Just speaking for myself... I rep who I choose, for whatever reason I choose, and I don't feel obliged to justify it to anybody.

That's fair enough. But why give a rep? I give for excellent posts, good caps or photos, consistent contributions to the forum. You seem very defensive.

12-12-2016 03:27
Jay1 Offline
Master Poster

(12-12-2016 03:27 )Jay1 Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 03:21 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  Just speaking for myself... I rep who I choose, for whatever reason I choose, and I don't feel obliged to justify it to anybody.

That's fair enough. But why give a rep? I give for excellent posts, good caps or photos, consistent contributions to the forum. You seem very defensive.
Just seen you repped Nicole. That's okay. Explains itself.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 03:32 by Jay1.)
12-12-2016 03:30
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

It's well documented that some members have, in the past, been guilty of bribery and intimidation to gain reps for themselves.

Asking members to justify why they give reps to people they choose to is just the other side of the same coin imo.
12-12-2016 03:39
Jay1 Offline
Master Poster

(12-12-2016 03:39 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  It's well documented that some members have, in the past, been guilty of bribery and intimidation to gain reps for themselves.

Asking members to justify why they give reps to people they choose to is just the other side of the same coin imo.

I accept that and shouldn't have focused singularly on your rep of or anybody's rep of Nicole which I originally didn't but wondered in general why members give reps. Don't think I'm doing anything wrong by asking that. Don't want to know why specific members are repped. Just want to know on what basis members in general are repped. As I said, I rep members for posts I agree with (obviously), good, consistent caps, photos, videos or a point that I feel they make is/are excellent. I don't get repping a member for something they've done outside of the site.

12-12-2016 03:45
Charlemagne Offline

You should give out reps whenever you feel that they are deserved.

They are just one way that we can appreciate the other members of the forum. After all there are many fine caps and video producers and some entertaining posters. There has been many times where I have received technical help and I've felt the need to reward them with a rep.

Some of the guys welcome new forum members with a rep. There is nothing wrong with this so long as there isn't any pressure for a returned rep.

The babes who join the forum are usually repped by their fans.

I rep whoever and whenever I want. If you re-rep me that's nice, but I don't expect one back.

12-12-2016 08:04

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles