Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Ignore button

wackawoo Offline
Banned

RE: Ignore button
(22-12-2016 19:12 )SecretAgent Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 18:56 )HannahsPet Wrote:  why does it say joined 2015 then Tongue Tongue Tongue

Propaganda?

Becasue as said, scenarios like this use to happen, I'd make a comment, then the hysteria would arrive, but back in those days it was even more of a buddy club than now, so I would be banned.

Make another account a few weeks later, evenry thing was then fine. It use to amuse me that is was treated like any other memeber for a while, got the thanks and the reps as usual, then one of them with apparently nothing better to do would notice my style of writing, alert the others then sure enough it all started again with picking on the smallest excuse. It happened again this time round, usual thanks, usual reps, everyhting was goign fine then whoomp there it is, I think it was silant majority this time round that started it all up again, he use to hide behind a digitaldave.

Only difference apart form one sin bin I have yet to be banned.
22-12-2016 20:37
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wackawoo Offline
Banned

(22-12-2016 18:42 )terence Wrote:  ^ maybe he had the whole forum on his ignore list for 2 years! lol. Smile

Never have, never will, you're a mod, check.
22-12-2016 20:39
kelly1066 Offline
Posting Machine

Your spelling gets lousy when your riled...... Lol.

I never sit on the fence. I prefer to drop kick it out the way instead! Could possibly be a big fan of wankspangling?
22-12-2016 20:43
wackawoo Offline
Banned

(22-12-2016 19:23 )ShandyHand Wrote:  I have the distinct impression that you supported that figure as fact at the time or at least denigrated the sources that pointed out its fallacy. If that impression is wrong then I apologise.

Apology accepted. I was neutral in the Bexit thing, didn't vote. I was happy to accept the accusations of crap that was coming form the Brexit camp, but there was a whole heap coming out of the remain as well, but the remian on that thread was by far the more vocal, so it just looked like is was for Brexit, but I did stated my stance on many occasions.

I can see where Brexit will be very good for Britian, but it was a very risky step and nobody can know the future. As for remain, Britian was the 5th richest country in the world, there was alot of problems with being in the EU, but ultimately I couldn't see any reaosn to upset the apple cart, so I didn't vote. My mind has swayed between good move and oh shit ever since.

Challanging either sides presuppositions is a way i have of making things clear in my own mind. If I challange them to the point i can no longer it is at that point I can then accept their view point. The 350 mil brexit was just a no brainer to start with.

Quote:But that is the thing, you quite often use weighty words without a full recognition of their implications on the reader. Propaganda is by its nature intended to be manipulative. You were arguing that the showing of the child's body was done specifically for the effect of manipulating the emotions of the viewer. You can't now claim that this wasn't inherent in your words.

Yes I hear what you say, but emotive images are meant to do just that. I do not retract what I stated.

Quote:Too often you stir people with an ill-conceived or overly hastily sketched concept and then blame them for not understanding you properly when they come back at you. That is going to put certain posters' backs-up

I actually don't intend to stir anything up, why would I? It's just what I put and how I put it seems illicet a reaction in a very few people. Others have said the same thing as I have but in a different way, some brave souls have even thanked my for my post on the subject. So it's more the reader and their interpritation than anything

Quote:No, I wouldn't say either. Eventually I know when to keep my gob shut!

That is saying I have no right to an opinion.

Quote:And because we both are now running the risk of picking up points for next years' Rod Serling forum award for appearances in the Twilight Zone, I will do just that! WinkTongue

There's no reason for this to be in any twilight zone. I made a thread with what i thought was a good idea and it has taken a life of it's own.
(This post was last modified: 22-12-2016 21:00 by wackawoo.)
22-12-2016 20:55
wackawoo Offline
Banned

(22-12-2016 20:43 )kelly1066 Wrote:  Your spelling gets lousy when your riled...... Lol.

That's after checking, but not as much as normal - imagine what the first draught is like Tongue

It's more to do with getitng tired than being riled

You know what, i may just post it first draugh, be interesting to see if anyine could make head nor tale of it. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 22-12-2016 20:58 by wackawoo.)
22-12-2016 20:57
terence Offline

*draft

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
22-12-2016 20:58
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wackawoo Offline
Banned

(22-12-2016 20:58 )terence Wrote:  *draft

I'm not, therre's epoel more daft than me.
22-12-2016 21:09
kelly1066 Offline
Posting Machine

but not too many...... pmsl Bounce

I never sit on the fence. I prefer to drop kick it out the way instead! Could possibly be a big fan of wankspangling?
22-12-2016 22:31
wackawoo Offline
Banned

(22-12-2016 22:31 )kelly1066 Wrote:  but not too many...... pmsl Bounce

This is true Wink
22-12-2016 23:10
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

(22-12-2016 20:55 )wackawoo Wrote:  Apology accepted.

I hope you're not going to crow - I might just be bothered enough to actually go back and look for an example. Wink

(22-12-2016 20:55 )wackawoo Wrote:  I was neutral in the Bexit thing, didn't vote. I was happy to accept the accusations of crap that was coming form the Brexit camp, but there was a whole heap coming out of the remain as well, but the remian on that thread was by far the more vocal, so it just looked like is was for Brexit, but I did stated my stance on many occasions.

I can see where Brexit will be very good for Britian, but it was a very risky step and nobody can know the future. As for remain, Britian was the 5th richest country in the world, there was alot of problems with being in the EU, but ultimately I couldn't see any reaosn to upset the apple cart, so I didn't vote. My mind has swayed between good move and oh shit ever since.

Are you sure that you don't rationalise and fill in the blanks in your account of your thought processes after that fact in order to make them sound more conciliatory? That's another impression that you give this reader at least.

You are also being disingenuous (in the best manner of a politician) about your firmly expressed support for Brexit just prior to the vote. I remember that most definitely as your admission only a short time later that you didn't vote came as across as shocking one simply lacking the courage of your previous staunchly stated convictions.

Plus, I see you say quite clearly that you intend to challenge with your posts but also, further down, that you don't intend to stir! An interesting hairsplit that.

(22-12-2016 20:55 )wackawoo Wrote:  That is saying I have no right to an opinion.

Encouraging someone to know when to draw a line is not denying them an opinion and you know that. You are looking for conflict where there was none there, and trying to appear hard done by.

(22-12-2016 20:55 )wackawoo Wrote:  There's no reason for this to be in any twilight zone.

I agree with you... there isn't... as yet! Rolleyes

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
22-12-2016 23:47