Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Ignore button

wackawoo Offline
Banned

RE: Ignore button
(23-12-2016 00:47 )ShandyHand Wrote:  I hope you're not going to crow - I might just be bothered enough to actually go back and look for an example. Wink

No intension, you was wrong, you apologised, I accepted, that's the end to it.

Quote:Are you sure that you don't rationalise and fill in the blanks in your account of your thought processes after that fact in order to make them sound more conciliatory? That's another impression that you give this reader at least.

Plus, I see you say quite clearly that you intend to challenge with your posts but also, further down, that you don't intend to stir! An interesting hairsplit that.

You looking for things that are not there mate. BEFORE the vote I did sway to voting out. I stated I was completely apolitical also, never voted and knew jack shit about domestic politics let alone EU ones. But since it was such an impotant historical vote I decided to to take interest. I was not going to vote unimformed so I read the brexit thread as well as numerous other sources and believe it or not I did pay attention to what a lot of the remainers were saying on that thread; I didn't agree with the more extreme remainers but a lot and was one reason I didn't vote. It stated that the UK would be 2% better by GDP out then in, plus other things such soverenty and making our own laws and control (not stoping) of imigration. Further investigation showed that the UK could be 2% worse off AT WORSE; this was behind my questioning the doomster and the more extreme remianers, since these were by far the majority on that thread, I questioned them most; I couldn't question any Brexiters due to the lack of them and the fact no one can know the future, which I oft repeated on the thread. As said before my way of clarifying in my mind on a subject is to challange it as if it's from the opposite point of view, I could understand that this might come across as my being a brexiter, but that was just the nature of the thread and the amount of remainers. In the end, and pretty much this was on voting day, I simply couldn't see why the apple cart should be upset so I didn't vote; and I'm glad I didn't.

EVERYHTING I HAVE SAID ABOVE I SAID ON THE BREXIT THREAD, BUT POEPLE JUST IGNORED IT AND ASSUMED I WAS A STAUNCH BREXT BECASUE THAT IS WHAT THEY WANTED TO BELIEVE.

I have never denied this and do not, it is all there and I would welcome you to go back and read every post in context in order; assuming you have a spare 2 weeks.

Challanging a post to clear up in my mind a very complex issue is very different to just stiring it up for the sake of it. Read back my posts with this in mind and you will this is the case. It obviously can get heated at times but I consistantly try and stay on subject and I am never perosnal to nobody, not even silent majority, even thanking him for posts that have illuminated me in some way.

Quote:Encouraging someone to know when to draw a line is not denying them an opinion and you know that. You are looking for conflict where there was none there, and trying to appear hard done by.

That is very ironic.

I have nothing against you, I have nothing against anybody on here; I get a little irked when people start to get personal and accuse me of things I have not said or I am not. I also get fustrated when i don't seem to get what to me seems a perfectly obvious point across, especially when the misunderstanding seems more by design.
(This post was last modified: 23-12-2016 02:34 by wackawoo.)
23-12-2016 02:25
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

No personal anomosity here. And I have no connection with any other of your 'antagionists' here either btw. I may not like some world view but this isn't about that nor is it about Brexit particularly. It is more about your refusal to see some of the anomalies in your general posting style.

In particular you have a tendency to make bold statements in a combative mode and then back away from them carefully with no acknowledgement that this is what you are doing. As you did on the Brexit vote and some of its issues. Everyone has the right to modify their opinion of course but your history shows that this is repeated behaviour that over time begins to look like attention seeking of some kind. I'm not saying you are but that is what it comes across as. Posters react to that I think.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
(This post was last modified: 23-12-2016 12:55 by ShandyHand.)
23-12-2016 12:54
kelly1066 Offline
Posting Machine

You guys need to get laid.... Soon!!!

I never sit on the fence. I prefer to drop kick it out the way instead! Could possibly be a big fan of wankspangling?
23-12-2016 13:27
wackawoo Offline
Banned

(23-12-2016 12:54 )ShandyHand Wrote:  It is more about your refusal to see some of the anomalies in your general posting style.

I've stated many times, even on this thread, the way state things though correct, is not necessarily the most diplomatic. In addition the dyslexia and other things means I use words that, to me will do and are fit for the purpose; i'm also a very blunt speaker in general. I guess people only see and read what they want to. You need to realise that a tiny core of people aren't especially looking for the points i am making on a particular subject but want to twist what i say or willifully mis inteprit it.

Your post to me, though containing factual errors and also raise issues that have been raise before even on this thread, and been address, are polite enough, non abusive and i am responding accordingly to your questions.

What I take exception about is the oft accusation that I am doing this to 'stir it up'. This isn't and never has been the case. My default setting, which i leant at uni, was to use the 'devils advocate' approach. This is not to stir anything up but is specifically used to expose any weakness in an argument, I use it on myself and I used it on Brexit.

Quote:In particular you have a tendency to make bold statements in a combative mode and then back away from them carefully with no acknowledgement that this is what you are doing. As you did on the Brexit vote and some of its issues. Everyone has the right to modify their opinion of course but your history shows that this is repeated behaviour that over time begins to look like attention seeking of some kind. I'm not saying you are but that is what it comes across as. Posters react to that I think.

Again, I'd like an expample of this 'combative mode' so i can explain why it isn't, I suspect thats the readers intepritation rather than any intent on my behalf. It CAN get more that way when people jump on what i have stated. What you seem to be ignoring is the openly hostile and even insulting reactions to my posts, I have never been like this with anybodies unless pushed, and I take some pushing.
23-12-2016 16:55
wackawoo Offline
Banned

(23-12-2016 13:27 )kelly1066 Wrote:  You guys need to get laid.... Soon!!!

Knew you wanted me

I'm ready, Come and get me sweet cheeks:

Spoiler: Show
#
23-12-2016 16:59
kelly1066 Offline
Posting Machine

(23-12-2016 16:59 )wackawoo Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 13:27 )kelly1066 Wrote:  You guys need to get laid.... Soon!!!

Knew you wanted me

I'm ready, Come and get me sweet cheeks:

Spoiler: Show
#

some things CANNOT be unseen......annoyed

I never sit on the fence. I prefer to drop kick it out the way instead! Could possibly be a big fan of wankspangling?
23-12-2016 22:42
wackawoo Offline
Banned

(23-12-2016 22:42 )kelly1066 Wrote:  some things CANNOT be unseen......annoyed

Big Grin

Wondered why it was hid from view Tongue
23-12-2016 23:05
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

(22-12-2016 19:56 )HannahsPet Wrote:  why does it say joined 2015 then Tongue Tongue Tongue

Did he get the dates mixed up? bloody hell imagine him arguing with himself before we came along!! Tongue

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
24-12-2016 02:18
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

(22-12-2016 18:45 )wackawoo Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 17:42 )tony confederate Wrote:  The entire thread is non-related because the original question was a bogus one. Just one person trying to avoid being challenged by others.

Apart from now the thrid time stating i have no problems with anybody reading my post or challanging them.

Im not offended by their post, they are with mine.

You need to realise I have been on this forum since 2006, I have nobody and never will, have anybody on my ignore list. Over those ten years I have had, for whatever reason, a hell of a lot of attacks on what I have posted ranging from serious stuff like Brexit, Asylum seekers down to doctor who and Juliee good year in big brother, ALL I have defended. It's nearly always with just a core of an handful of people.

Unfortunatley it just tends to lead to squabbles arguments and at one time bans.

It is now at the time where what ever i put some one, the same handfull of people, just take extreme offence, don't you think it sensible that those people put me on their ignore list? If what I put is such a problme for them? If I was put on an ignore list by the people who have a problem with me, it would probably sum less than 10 if not 5, there are thousands on this forum all quite welcome to read what i have posted and challange accordingly.

Ironically of course, you also have been selective which what you have read, when I have already addressed this point.

Then why did you create this thread in the first place? if you created it simply so that you could gauge everybody's opinion before turning round and use it to simply to put your points of view across that to me not only go completely off - topic and really does waste time and space!! If you think that the points you make are far better and straight forward than other people's and don't accept that other members have different views to your own it is about time but you not only take more time to read what other people write in reply you should also take MORE TIME reading your own post/ reply through before you post it!!

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2016 02:34 by lovebabes56.)
24-12-2016 02:23
wackawoo Offline
Banned

(24-12-2016 02:23 )babelover48 Wrote:  Then why did you create this thread in the first place?

Um, I asked if there was an ignore button, if not, could one be created so people who have a problem with me personally (or my posts [and it would be difficult to deny this]) can merely put me on ignore as is the case with other forums i have been on; as the original post stated and as I have stated several times since.

If you read it back, but pretend it was a different poster, you will see the question was innocuous enough; it's just another example of people over reacting and reading meaning into and inventing a purpose that simply wasn't there.

I expected a post or two from a mod or even a member saying yes there is or no there isn't and it would be left at that; It was just a query (as I have posted queries elswhere).

If you read back, it then took a life of it's own when other members jumped on what I have posted and my responding to them; such is my lot for ever and anon.
24-12-2016 18:06