ISP's to send emails to customers who downloaded pirated files

HEX!T Away
Retired

RE: ISP's to send emails to customers who downloaded pirated files
also download opera it has its own inbuilt vpn

other choices for vpns
nordvpn 1024bit encyption no logging
cyberghost 256bit aes encryption, no logging
tunnel bear (not sure what encryption) no logging.
mullvad, aes 256bit, no logging.

all should cost under 50 for the year... if the price is higher and you can wait a couple of days most will have a reduction sometime in that week.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 28-03-2017 23:19 by HEX!T.)
28-03-2017 23:14
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(28-03-2017 23:14 )HEX!T Wrote:  also download opera it has its own inbuilt vpn

Opera isn't much use here as its VPN is only in-browser, so more of a proxy, it won't help with torrents which is the main target here.

There is also some concern about Opera from a strict privacy perspective. For starters, they are a closed source browser, so who knows what is actually written into the code, or may be in the future. The VPN is apparently based in Canada, and Canada is compliant with handing over user data to the law. It is actually written into the T&C's that they will collect personal info if required by law enforcement. Added to that, Opera is now owned by the Chinese, so they could well be collecting your data and info at some time in the future.

Best to use a dedicated VPN that protects your entire connection, and steer clear of anything 'free', it almost certainly comes with a price of some sort.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
30-03-2017 15:56
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

Using PIA vpn and then opera to open up the torrent sites also got Utorrent encrpyted Wink

get the feeling going to be a lot of people using VPN from now on because of this new US law that ISP's can now sell customers Browsing data

is there anyway of getting the data that the isp use so i can see that everything is working as it should ??

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2017 18:28 by HannahsPet.)
30-03-2017 18:22
HEX!T Away
Retired

im not saying dont use a dedicated vpn
im saying use opera because its vpn is encrypted so all your isp sees is you connecting to the vpn server and cant actually see what sites your visiting 1s connected. opera is also Chinese owned. it uses proxys in europe and america and is good enough for most peoples website surfing.
i dont recommend you use it to download torrents. but it will keep you anon while your on the web.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
30-03-2017 18:25
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

nah using opera to only browse the torrent sites

Got utorrent running both PIA VPN and its own encryption as well in case the VPN drops

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
30-03-2017 18:44
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

Few sites worth visiting to get a general health check on your connection and setup to give you a better idea of whether you are being properly protected

https://www.doileak.com/ (offers a torrent check)

https://www.howsmyssl.com/

http://whoer.net/extended

https://ipleak.net/ (offers a torrent check)

30-03-2017 19:13
HEX!T Away
Retired

http://iknowwhatyoudownload.com/en/peer/
just used this and yeah opera doesnt hide your ip for torrenting...
not sure why HP got a letter and i havent. especially since i download about 500gig a month on torrents alone.
also its only showing certain files... some i downloaded the same day while others are months apart.

(This post was last modified: 30-03-2017 19:41 by HEX!T.)
30-03-2017 19:40
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

i might have been unlucky and downloaded something they were tracking already

Thanks for those links very interesting

31-03-2017 02:06
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

Just a word of warning about the encryption offered in utorrent and other clients, it is mostly useless. For the purposes of making you 'anonymous' to avoid DMCA-type notices, it is completely pointless.

This encryption was designed to obfuscate the torrent stream to fool your ISP.
Once upon a time, ISP's began throttling torrents to reduce the traffic loads on their networks. Using the encryption option allowed those torrent streams to slip through the ISP net. I'd guess that these days, they have other ways of looking at those streams which still show them to be torrents, but very few ISP's are interested in throttling anymore, there is more than enough bandwidth for all.

When you download a torrent, you have to connect to the 'swarm' to find peers with the file available, and to share the pieces you have downloaded, this makes you visible to others, and this is the point where the torrent trackers look for file sharers and get their details to pass on. Whether the stream you download/upload through is encrypted or not, your IP address is still visible here, it has to be to let the other clients know where to send the packets to. Only a VPN will protect you here, as the IP address will be that of the VPN, not your ISP, and a VPN without logging will not be able to associate that IP address with you.

These days, all the encryption really does is slow down your traffic, and if you have the encryption set to enforced (so it only connects to other clients using encryption their end), then it will seriously reduce the number of clients available to you and reduce your chances of getting the file complete.

In short, don't bother with the inbuilt encryption, it will NOT offer any help in preventing these letters arriving.

I have my encryption set to be 'allowed' which means it will use both encrypted or unencrypted connections, whatever is available, increasing my chances of getting the file, but ALL my torrents go through a VPN at all times.

01-04-2017 09:25