Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ISP's to send emails to customers who downloaded pirated files

ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

RE: ISP's to send emails to customers who downloaded pirated files
(11-01-2017 18:54 )Tractor boy Wrote:  I first heard of a scheme along these lines on Panorama about eight years ago, it seems it is finally happening.
(11-01-2017 20:13 )munch1917 Wrote:  ...
They are also only targetting torrents, the bulk of my just released movie and tv show downloads these days are from file sharing sites, I only really use torrents for older stuff.

Yes, they are years behind the times as ever. Politicians and new tech don't mix well do they!

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
11-01-2017 21:23
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grand Theft Ant Offline
Babeshows + Latex = Wank

(11-01-2017 20:16 )HEX!T Wrote:  this is what happens when people dont stand up and say no to things like the snoopers charter. your privacy is a right not the suggestion Teresa may and her ilk think it is... but to keep it your going to have to fight for it.

This petition has racked up over 200,000 signatures, but will the politicians even listen to it or will all that fall on deaf ears?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/173199
11-01-2017 22:38
Maggot Offline
Senior Poster

Peep2peer sites doesn't mean depositfiles does it? I can download stuff here and nobody cares?
12-01-2017 03:33
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

^^ P2P is basically torrents and similar stuff (emule, if that still exists anymore, spotify, but I think that is all legit these days isn't it). The main issue with such networks is that as you download a file, you also share it with others on the network.
Depositfiles is straight forward file downloading, so it is OK, for now at least, download away Smile

As stated, they are only issuing letters/emails anyhow, they are not taking any further action, so nothing to really worry about.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
12-01-2017 05:40
HEX!T Away
Retired

(11-01-2017 20:39 )munch1917 Wrote:  ^^ All well and good, but this is about copyright infringement, nothing really to do with the snoopers charter Smile
mate the only reason they can try this is because the snoopers charter was passed. if isp's werent being allowed to log every connection you make this wouldnt work, as they found in the past.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
12-01-2017 08:00
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

They cant prosecute because ip address is no way of telling of who actually downloaded the file. Ben dover has tried to sue people for copyright infringment before and lost the case. so now basically scares people into paying him to stop court action he has no chance of winning but people still pay

Hexit ben dover been doing it for years even before the snoopers charter came into being.

i dont like the snoopers charter because of who is allowed to access this information its not just police , security services its all sorts of other goverment and council officials which makes the bloody thing non sensical

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 08:40 by HannahsPet.)
12-01-2017 08:36
HEX!T Away
Retired

my point is mate the snoopers charter will make it easier for them.

as for bed bover he can go suck a dick.

Don’t tell him Pike

Citizen’s Advice says if the bill-payer did not commit the alleged offence and did not authorise anyone on their connection to do so either, they were not liable.

“Allowing others to use your internet connection does not make you responsible for their actions of copyright infringement,” it advises. “You are only responsible for other people’s infringement if you have specifically authorized their acts of copyright infringement. It is not enough that you have authorised others to use your internet connection.”

this should be the standard reply for every 1 imo.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2017 00:47 by HEX!T.)
12-01-2017 16:27
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

The website for the campaign is now live

https://get-it-right.org/abouttheeducationalemails.html

Haven't read through it properly, not bothered by it to be honest, it's a pointless campaign, but interesting to see that Plusnet and now.tv are included in the isp's involved in this, alongside the big names, BT, Talktalk, Virgin and Sky.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
28-01-2017 09:54
derekdas Offline
Posting Machine

(28-01-2017 09:54 )munch1917 Wrote:  The website for the campaign is now live

https://get-it-right.org/abouttheeducationalemails.html

Haven't read through it properly, not bothered by it to be honest, it's a pointless campaign, but interesting to see that Plusnet and now.tv are included in the isp's involved in this, alongside the big names, BT, Talktalk, Virgin and Sky.

Plusnet is a subsidiary of BT, so not surprised they're included.
28-01-2017 14:04
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

I got one tonight for a torrent i downloaded on sunday.

Just bought PIA vpn really good only 33£ for the year as well. its got a android app as well and you can then run kodi over the top Wink

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
28-03-2017 21:52