Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Changes to the Reputation System

terence Offline

RE: Changes to the Reputation System
bump

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
06-07-2017 22:38
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

Sounds like a good idea Smile

Shall we start a book on who'll be first to 1000 reps Wink
07-07-2017 00:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(06-07-2017 16:34 )Tractor boy Wrote:  No PowerPoint presentation with cheese and wine afterwards then. Wink

Ooo... cheese and wine... get you Tongue

Last one I was at, we got completely rat-arsed in the hotel bar afterwards. I still can't remember what the guy said Big Grin
07-07-2017 00:12
Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

Out of interest, might I ask why the proposed change? Has the current system not worked fine for years? Is it - predominantly - to acquire extra credit (and fairly so) for those that cap/vid? Only, if it's for something else, I can't - in all honesty - see a point in changing. It's an interesting development though, for sure...

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
07-07-2017 00:51
terence Offline

^ i think someone else said it, sometimes people or actions deserve more rep than others. i've seen a couple of rep comments and indeed posts saying something along the lines of 'if i could give you more than 1 rep i would'. this upgrade will solve that problem.

also, as you said yourself, it'll make things a bit more interesting. which is good. Smile

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
07-07-2017 00:58
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(07-07-2017 00:58 )terence Wrote:  ^ i think someone else said it, sometimes people or actions deserve more rep than others.
It was George Orwell who (nearly) said "All posters are equal, but some are more equal than others" Rolleyes

Does the Thanks button not satisfy enough people? All those "ooh, I've got 100k thanks, gosh" threads etc Rolleyes

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
07-07-2017 08:16
hops1 Offline
Account Closed

As per Doddle's post above, does the 'Thanks' button not serve this purpose?? All caps and vids get loads of thanks which seems appropriate, where as comments generally get far fewer which again seems appropriate enough and recognises the time/effort taken posting caps and vids as opposed to just commenting.

No major issue, just a thought!
07-07-2017 09:00
skully Offline

The point of this thread is to get your opinions on the idea, so if you like or dislike it, or have suggestions please post them so we can take it all on board. All opinions are valid, so please share your thoughts Smile

As Terry noted, people have said they would like to issue another rep for continual good posting, so this would make that a reality, it'd be simple (in theory), you'd update the persons rep and add another point (or more) to it. Yes, thanks do have a similar purpose, but sometimes just thanking a post isn't enough, especially if the person has been an outstanding poster/member, in your opinion. I could name a few people without thinking that I feel deserve more rep from me personally.

As for 1000 reps, my money would be on Steve Wink

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
07-07-2017 11:34
hops1 Offline
Account Closed

Perhaps the number of 'Thanks' members have received could be made more prominent, i.e. Just under the Rep when people post??
07-07-2017 11:39
terence Offline

^i'm sure that can be done regardless. i'll run it by admin.

07-07-2017 11:44