Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average

Sixty6 Magazine

Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
can't see this sixty6 being a print mag after the lads mags have been killed off cause of the internet. will most likely be online only with the question being will it be free or will s66 charge

Piper Niven Superfan
04-05-2016 22:48
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KerrAvon Offline
Posting Machine

Rammy it said 'brand new print publication' in that tweet
04-05-2016 22:55
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

seen that now, stupid decision to make it a print publication

Piper Niven Superfan
04-05-2016 22:59
ryuken Offline
Hadouken

I hope S66's tactic of encouraging fans to ask their local newsagent to stock Sixty 6 magazine works.

It would be nice to have a new lads mag on the market, since the demise of Loaded, Front, FHM, Nuts and Zoo.

If the legendary Playboy magazine can't survive in the digital era, I doubt Sixty 6 will, but I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe it's creation was due to models that were approached by S66 to be TV hosts, feeling more comfortable with being glamour models.

Up and coming models have to realize, the game has changed now, paying consumers want interactive visuals, not just pictures.

Any kid with a smartphone can see sexy pictures of their favourite models for free now on twitter, instagram and snapchat.

That's why I don't quite understand how some of these models live such extravagant lives on social media, when the industry as a whole is financially weak.

I love babes with brown nipples
30-09-2016 23:23
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

(30-09-2016 23:23 )ryuken Wrote:  I hope S66's tactic of encouraging fans to ask their local newsagent to stock Sixty 6 magazine works.

It would be nice to have a new lads mag on the market, since the demise of Loaded, Front, FHM, Nuts and Zoo.

If the legendary Playboy magazine can't survive in the digital era, I doubt Sixty 6 will, but I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe it's creation was due to models that were approached by S66 to be TV hosts, feeling more comfortable with being glamour models.

Up and coming models have to realize, the game has changed now, paying consumers want interactive visuals, not just pictures.

Any kid with a smartphone can see sexy pictures of their favourite models for free now on twitter, instagram and snapchat.

That's why I don't quite understand how some of these models live such extravagant lives on social media, when the industry as a whole is financially weak.

Yes, it would be nice but sadly for me I think the days of the lads mags/explicit magazines are slowly but surely coming to an end.
For me, I think it all snowballed for me when the Sun stopped doing Page 3 (I know the Star still prints it but I wonder for how much longer) then came the decision by Playboy to shoot non nude models and that probably goes deeper than they first thought and I just wonder how long it will be before the likes of Club, Knave, and the like follow suit.
I agree, I think It would be nice to see a new lads mag out on the shelves, but to be fair and honest I think the days of any mag like that are well and truly gone. If they had started it when we knew Loaded and Front & FHM were in trouble there probably was a chance they could have plugged the gap left by those magazines quite nicely
but cannot see surviving for very long in this digital era. If there was one magazine I think was brilliant it was ICE.

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
01-10-2016 07:09
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

^The Sun hasn't stopped doing Page 3, it is now online only on the page 3 website. For me the days of the lads mag are long gone and can't see this Sixty 6 mag lasting long. If it was just online, then yes it possibly can, but as a physical mag in shops, no.

Piper Niven Superfan
01-10-2016 08:42
Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

But who wants to stand in queue at their local newsagents with what looks like a twat mag? Nobody.
Many blokes with a potential interest may have wives and girlfriends, so taking home actual wank fodder isn't really a good idea. Rolleyes This is one of the biggest reasons magazines of this nature fell foul to the internet, along with people being lazy bastards.

Anyway, is this magazine going to offer something fresh that makes it worthwhile?
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2016 09:18 by Bandwagon.)
01-10-2016 09:04
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

(01-10-2016 08:42 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  ^The Sun hasn't stopped doing Page 3, it is now online only on the page 3 website. For me the days of the lads mag are long gone and can't see this Sixty 6 mag lasting long. If it was just online, then yes it possibly can, but as a physical mag in shops, no.

Apologies if I was misinformed about the Sun Rammy But I know as sure as hell I'm right about Playboy!!

CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
01-10-2016 09:22
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

(01-10-2016 09:04 )Bandwagon Wrote:  But who wants to stand in queue at their local newsagents with what looks like a twat mag? Nobody.
Many blokes with a potential interest may have wives and girlfriends, so taking home actual wank fodder isn't really a good idea. Rolleyes This is one of the biggest reasons magazines of this nature fell foul to the internet, along with people being lazy bastards.

Anyway, is this magazine going to offer something fresh that makes it worthwhile?

Only time will tell

01-10-2016 09:33
hairbald Offline
Posting Machine

This is just another vanity project by S66 owners much like the US venture. The market for lads mags is dead; see any form of media analysis you like that says not only is print dying but lads mags are dead too.

Interesting to see that plea to ask your local news agent to stock it. That means one thing; they don't have key outlets (like supermarkets and WHSmiths) lined up to sell the mag. And the point is they won't get them - one of the nails in the lads mag coffins was supermarkets asking for discrete covers over the mags and no provocative photos.

This is another example of why there are very few good business men but quite a few lucky ones. These boys have made their money with the babechannels oever the years but don't have the wit to create anything new. Going back to a formula that is already dead is brainless

Still I'm sure the team had a lovely time cavorting with the models overseas and their instagram accounts make them look like kingsBig Laugh

Who wants a sweepstake? I reckon 3 issues and its dead

I dont like being negative (a good friend of mine is an "entrepreneur" and I know how he stresses on these ventures) but this is an awful idea
01-10-2016 10:05