Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average

Sixty6 Magazine

Glenn Miller Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Sixty6 Magazine
(11-08-2017 13:06 )Bandwagon Wrote:  Based on witnessing the decline of Zoo and Nuts, this whole project seemed financially illogical from the start.
But it would appear they are very serious about this magazine, and believe it will be a success on its own merit.
I think the only reason people are looking for any potential ulterior motives here are because they find that hard to believe. And rightly so.

This is well summed up. Everything we've seen so far suggests that the magazine is a serious business venture, intended to be a success in it's own right. People who just can't accept someone else's business decision have resorted to looking for ulterior motives.

It's worth adding though that the people looking for ulterior motives have so far not produced any evidence to support their claims. The more they go on about it the more apparent it becomes that they haven't got the slightest shred of evidence to backup what they say.
12-08-2017 02:32
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mysterion Offline
Senior Poster

(11-08-2017 18:07 )woolleysheep Wrote:  The Sun newspaper has referred to it as a lad's mag, so Rammyrascal has some support at least (if you regard the opinion of The Sun as notable). However, the subtitle of the Sixty6 magazine is "Entertainment For Men" which doesn't sound like it's being published as a lad's mag. What's more I saw it in my local newsagent next to the Mayfair magazine which says exactly the same thing on its cover, "Entertainment For Men".

I certainly wouldn't describe it as a lad's mag, but I wouldn't say it's a top shelf adult magazine either.

I've not seen anything else that I'd compare to the Sixty6 magazine. I think it's in a genre of its own.

Sixty6 is unique I think, whether it's your thing or not.
12-08-2017 03:02
southlondonphil Offline
Master Poster

(12-08-2017 02:31 )hairbald Wrote:  How would the girls know if it's profitable? Do footballers understand the cash flow or margins at a club? No of course they don't, so let's didmiss the opinions of the girlsWink

You're right of course, the girls do not know if the magazine's profitable. On the other hand, they do believe it to be profitable based on what they have heard from the company, which is that the magazine is a serious business venture and has been successful so far.
12-08-2017 03:02
bigglesworth Offline
Master Poster

(12-08-2017 02:31 )hairbald Wrote:  a new magazine is highly unlikely to hit break even for a number of years. It may be running in line with projected revenue or margin but will be making an operational loss at this early stage. Question is whether it's making close to its forecast; soon as it drops off the investors will get twitchy pretty quick.

Your reasoning would surely not apply in this particular case. The Sixty6 magazine uses existing studio premises and existing company staff. The only costs would seem to be the costs of producing each issue and some ongoing PR costs, so if it did turn out that sales were good I don't see why a profit couldn't be made almost immediately.

I'm not convinced the potentially twitchy investors you speak of even exist, because as business ventures go this appears to be a very low cost one with minimal start up capital required, so it doesn't seem likely that any huge investment would ever have been needed. I'd be surprised if Studio 66 had to bring in outside investors.
12-08-2017 05:24
Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

(12-08-2017 02:32 )Glenn Miller Wrote:  It's worth adding though that the people looking for ulterior motives have so far not produced any evidence to support their claims. The more they go on about it the more apparent it becomes that they haven't got the slightest shred of evidence to backup what they say.

To be fair, Glenn, the fact people are looking for ulterior motives could also suggest they are willing to credit S66 with perhaps more business acumen than they deserve?
You have to admit, it did seem a little odd for them to make this business decision at this present time.
So have they genuinely found a gap in the market? Or is this just another S66 USA?
12-08-2017 09:20
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

(12-08-2017 05:24 )bigglesworth Wrote:  Your reasoning would surely not apply in this particular case. The Sixty6 magazine uses existing studio premises and existing company staff. The only costs would seem to be the costs of producing each issue and some ongoing PR costs, so if it did turn out that sales were good I don't see why a profit couldn't be made almost immediately.

You forgot the cost of hiring all the models who don't normally work of 66 then taking them off on international photo shoot, non of that is cheep

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
12-08-2017 12:04
Glenn Miller Offline
Senior Poster

(12-08-2017 09:20 )Bandwagon Wrote:  You have to admit, it did seem a little odd for them to make this business decision at this present time.
So have they genuinely found a gap in the market? Or is this just another S66 USA?

Yes I do admit that, it was a surprise to me that they would launch such a magazine these days.

I cannot answer your question though, because I simply do not know. I can only say that if it isn't a success the magazine will close, just as S66 USA didn't last very long.
12-08-2017 13:23
bigglesworth Offline
Master Poster

(12-08-2017 12:04 )winsaw Wrote:  You forgot the cost of hiring all the models who don't normally work of 66 then taking them off on international photo shoot, non of that is cheep

No indeed, it would not be cheap. But those costs are not additional items to what I stated above, as the cost of models and the cost of travel are part of the the costs of producing each issue.
12-08-2017 14:15
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

(12-08-2017 02:32 )Glenn Miller Wrote:  ...people looking for ulterior motives have so far not produced any evidence to support their claims...

Such a tired argument this. What'd you like - a taped business meeting?! There's not going to be definitive evidence on this stuff is there - that's why there's speculation.

I actually agree that this mag seems to be an entirely in-house affair and that some of its production costs are likely offset by work already ongoing for the shows but even so how many £8 might be sufficient in the current market? This sort of thing is still not cheap. Can we get beyond the double-edged word "unique" and address why posters think that 66 think they are on to a winner with this thing?

As ever there's a lot of trotting out of the party line; the repeating of the same trite homolies until everyone gets bored. (MrD doesn't like to sully his hands with this tedious process so he leaves it to his underlings. Wink )

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
13-08-2017 13:30
darren73 Offline
Picture Posting God

They do find some lovely hot babes

Rachel Montague
[Image: Screenshot_77.jpg]

Forum awards picture posting winner 2014/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021/2023

Also Scarlett Jones PA on the forum
13-08-2017 14:35