gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome

Carl-Gen X Offline
Back from sabbatical

Diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome
Received the news yesterday (Monday) which I have suspected was the case for a long time. I have been confirmed as having Aspergers Syndrome which for those who don't know anything about it is also known as "high functioning autism"

Goes a long way to explaining why I have such a major single minded fixation on one babe to the exclusion of all others as well as why I am coping with life better than I was when I was one half of a couple.

According to my GP, it is a fixation (one of a few which cover different aspects of my life) which could suddenly switch off after 6 months to a year (1 in a 100000 chance) or it might never switch off.

Apologies for posting stuff recently which may have been inappropriate and excessively detailed but I'm afraid that is a trait of the condition I have.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2018 01:24 by Carl-Gen X.)
20-02-2018 01:23
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

RE: Diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome
^^
I have Aspergers Syndrome too, so you are not alone. like with you it was suspected I had aspergers syndrome for a very long time before I got diagnosed.

will take time to sink in and also learn how to live with aspergers, but you will be fine

Piper Niven Superfan
20-02-2018 01:38
kelly1066 Offline
Posting Machine

A one time acquaintance of mine has suffered with this too for several years. Last time I saw him he was still repeatedly playing the same PS3 game over & over again, all night long then sleeping through most daylight hours.... He also lived solely on Chick/Mush Pot Noodles so far as I could see..? It seems this fixation part of the disorder/syndrome has various different ways to manifest itself.

I never sit on the fence. I prefer to drop kick it out the way instead! Could possibly be a big fan of wankspangling?
20-02-2018 07:54
Carl-Gen X Offline
Back from sabbatical

There are so many different traits involved with this syndrome it would take ages to list them.

Apart from what I've mentioned already, I have a photographic memory when it comes to telephone numbers, car licence number plates...someone tells me their phone number and I can remember it 30 years later...when I was at junior school, maths was not my strongest subject but I was able to baffle my teacher by being able to do my times tables so much faster than the rest of the class. Turns out I was in a way cheating...I'd inadvertently memorised the whole damn lot.

I'm very prone to nostalgia and regretting mistakes I made years ago. I can have waves of depression come over me without warning for no apparent reason.

But the worst thing is, if I was stood in a room with a group of people and was asked to talk about what I have, I would be a stuttering buffoon, almost struck dumb. Expression of my thoughts in written form is a piece of cake, verbally? Forget it. I am two different people when it comes to communicating with others.

Aspergers is a blessing and a curse.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2018 08:25 by Carl-Gen X.)
20-02-2018 08:19
Rake Offline
Tipping for nips and panties

(20-02-2018 08:19 )Carl43a Wrote:  There are so many different traits involved with this syndrome it would take ages to list them.

Apart from what I've mentioned already, I have a photographic memory when it comes to telephone numbers, car licence number plates...someone tells me their phone number and I can remember it 30 years later...when I was at junior school, maths was not my strongest subject but I was able to baffle my teacher by being able to do my times tables so much faster than the rest of the class. Turns out I was in a way cheating...I'd inadvertently memorised the whole damn lot.

I'm very prone to nostalgia and regretting mistakes I made years ago. I can have waves of depression come over me without warning for no apparent reason.

But the worst thing is, if I was stood in a room with a group of people and was asked to talk about what I have, I would be a stuttering buffoon, almost struck dumb. Expression of my thoughts in written form is a piece of cake, verbally? Forget it. I am two different people when it comes to communicating with others.

Aspergers is a blessing and a curse.

Play to your strengths! Good luck.
20-02-2018 09:13
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

All the best Carl

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
20-02-2018 09:38
babefan2012 Offline
Babes over Channels

I have Aspergers aswell. Getting the official diagnosis was a ball ache. But had diagnosed myself a few years earlier because I just ticked too many boxes. It takes a while for it to sink in but knowing it all makes sense helps massively. Gone through times when Iā€™m fixed on a babe or babes and then it ends just as quickly as it started. Also same with TV shows and video games.

I have no idea what I'm doing here but I'm here!!!
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2018 14:14 by babefan2012.)
20-02-2018 10:30
Carl-Gen X Offline
Back from sabbatical

I must confess to feeling comforted in a way that I am not the only Aspie who posts on these forums. I must say as well how much I appreciate the fact that you guys have taken the time and trouble to respond the way you have to my opening post in this particular thread.

Little things like that help me see the positives in life, and go a long way to restoring my faith in my fellow man.
20-02-2018 10:39
Carl-Gen X Offline
Back from sabbatical

Special mentions going out to rpj316 and clit Eastwood for their messages which have been great and have helped enormously when I have felt myself spiralling downhill into a black pit of depression, anger and frustration. You're much appreciated guys.

I wouldn't wish my compulsive Honey fixation on my worst enemy. I love it and hate it in equal measure. So much insane pleasure but so much frustration and anger prior to and following my acting out this compulsion. Who wants to be a slave to the way their brain is wired?

Have to try to find a way to accept the situation and get on with life otherwise one day I will fucking drive into a wall.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2018 01:40 by Carl-Gen X.)
01-03-2018 01:28
Carl-Gen X Offline
Back from sabbatical

I could really use a few words of advice as to how I can accept my situation as it is, and will most probably be for the rest of my days, as I'm struggling to figure out a way. Anyone with any genuine positive suggestions please feel free to PM me.

Many thanks in advance guys.
05-03-2018 01:37

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles