gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 34 Vote(s) - 3.12 Average

Anyone else finding the babevideo site really slow?

cdm79 Offline
Master Poster

RE: Anyone else finding the babevideo site really slow?
(24-08-2009 13:08 )SxciiSooky Wrote:  (sorry but I have no idea what broadband speed I am using - any way for me to check???)

You could try http://www.speedtest.net (click on the yellow star on the map), or similar sites.
24-08-2009 21:31
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jwy16 Offline

Hey guys, I've been suffering from the same issues for the last couple or so weeks.

The videos load fine but it's the page itself that takes an age to load. I have no issues when browsing the other sections of the site (i.e. this forum).

Am I the only one?
05-01-2011 20:50
bombshell Offline
Hazel Nut

(05-01-2011 20:50 )jwy16 Wrote:  Hey guys, I've been suffering from the same issues for the last couple or so weeks.

The videos load fine but it's the page itself that takes an age to load. I have no issues when browsing the other sections of the site (i.e. this forum).

Am I the only one?

Was using it yesterday,drove me insane,exactly the same problem,i was searching for a particular vid,gave up in the end.annoyedannoyedannoyed
Just checked my Bb speed its about 2 Mb

Its so good to be insane
nobody asks you to explain
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2011 21:12 by bombshell.)
05-01-2011 20:56
little gimp Offline
Posting Machine

I tried to upload a really short video,only about 1 minute long,a couple of days ago and it took so long I ended up using YouTube,which takes the piss as YouTube is usually a total nightmare.
The video's here if you want to see it http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid706470
06-01-2011 22:28
rusty legrand Offline
Junior Poster

jwy16 is right, the babe videos play perfectly but you need patience to get the page to load, it's very slow
07-01-2011 14:54
admin. Offline
Administrator

(05-01-2011 20:50 )jwy16 Wrote:  Hey guys, I've been suffering from the same issues for the last couple or so weeks.

Am I the only one?

No, you're not the only one. The Babe Video site has now reached 100,000 page views a day and there are some serious traffic bottlenecks which are causing slow running of the site. The site is currently being assessed to decide what the best course of action is to tackle the problem, but as you said it's a problem with pages loading, not with the playing of the videos. Playing the videos or uploading the videos shouldn't be affected, as when your page loads the video should play/upload OK at that time. Hopefully we can come to some resolution soon about which is the best way forward.
08-01-2011 21:21
The Narcissist Offline
I am Aesthetically Perfect

(08-01-2011 21:21 )admin Wrote:  No, you're not the only one. The Babe Video site has now reached 100,000 page views a day and there are some serious traffic bottlenecks which are causing slow running of the site. The site is currently being assessed to decide what the best course of action is to tackle the problem, but as you said it's a problem with pages loading, not with the playing of the videos. Playing the videos or uploading the videos shouldn't be affected, as when your page loads the video should play/upload OK at that time. Hopefully we can come to some resolution soon about which is the best way forward.

OK i cant even get on the babevideo site now??? I dont know whats happening but hopefully it can be sorted out soon

"Your jealousy is suitable, you hate me because I am Beautiful...."
10-01-2011 00:38
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

Well, I don't use or view the site that often. Blush But I was wondering, if other sites are using the content from Babevideo, and embedding the videos in there sites, but are still using you as the source. Then surely that's putting a drain on your system from people that are not even visiting the site.

The person that was running that Danica site, is a good example. He was embedding videos from the site, and still using you as the source. So is that nicking bandwidth off you as well?

And you will have no idea just how many other sites & forums are doing the same.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2011 16:45 by aceman65.)
10-01-2011 16:44
aaron Offline
Posting Machine

Is there any news yet on when there may be any changes to increase the 'browsing speed' of the site?
13-01-2011 13:12
admin. Offline
Administrator

(13-01-2011 13:12 )aaron Wrote:  Is there any news yet on when there may be any changes to increase the 'browsing speed' of the site?

I'm hoping that an ongoing problem with the forum's memory use will be resolved in the very near future and then attention will be immediately switched to Babe Video's speed problem. Bear with me. Cool
14-01-2011 12:37

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles