Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 2.96 Average

Text Messages - Elite TV

Digital Dave Away
Retired

RE: question
KuDoS Wrote:
elitetvonline Wrote:
Digital Dave Wrote:I'd be interested to know how this can possibly happen. Scotsman writes on another thread that he experienced it too:

Quote: I also HATE getting sent Elite TV text messages that are costing me about £1 a pop just because I rang the show, things like that are going to turn people away.

We work with a few different companies that provide services on our behalf. they could be taking our numbers and then sending their own promotions to them dressed up as though they are coming form us.

Do you realise what you have just said ? There are laws against FRAUD & THEFT and very heavy penalties.

The companies you are working with are commiting a serious offence and now are liabe to face prosecution on your obmission, if these companies are sending text messages and charging your customers money without you and the customers permission then that must extend to theft.

If so, each person who has experienced this after contacting your show has the legal right to persue the crime.

All those affected should contact Phonepay Plus as soon as possible. The companies involved, including Elite, will be subject to an investigation and once this is over the victims will get refunds.

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/output/Ma...laint.aspx
31-05-2009 15:58
Find all posts by this user
elitetvonline Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Text Messages - Question
Ermmmmm........Can someone actually confirm that they have received unwanted/unrequested texts from us or one of our suppliers?

As I said before if you have then please send me the content of these messages and the shortcode that they have originated from so I can look in to it.
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2009 18:46 by elitetvonline.)
31-05-2009 18:38
tony confederate Offline
Senior Poster

elitetvonline Wrote:Ermmmmm........Can someone actually confirm that they have received unwanted/unrequested texts from us or one of our suppliers?

Good question. The only person who has mentioned such a thing in this thread is Tintin and he only suggested that such things happened and asked for the opinion of others on whether it did or not.

As far as I can see, nobody in this thread has received any unwanted texts, despite the suggestion that all those who have done so should report it to PayFone Plus. Perhaps if anyone did receive an unsolicited message they could post here, so we know that such a thing actually happened.
31-05-2009 19:18
SirAssAlot Away
Ban All Ass Lickers!!!!

As i said to Elite when he pm'd me i'm looking for the sim as i used a pay as yo go to text the show. I've about 7 opened sims so i don't know which 1's which.

Why members post content that's not shown to the public is beyond me.
Because of certain posts they’ve now blacked out the cams or moved them out of the way so we can’t see anything. Thanks guys you really know how to screw things up for the rest of us...
Over my 6 years of being a forum member I've never seen anything so stupid...
31-05-2009 19:26
samcooke Offline
Master Poster

i haven't texted in because i wanted to know if i'd be signing up to a subscription service if i did so. just wanted to know how much to send a text and if there was any additional billing afterwards?
31-05-2009 19:37
Digital Dave Away
Retired

Scotsman stated that he'd received texts after calling the show and been charged:

Link to his post (see last paragraph):

http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid142854
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2009 20:19 by Digital Dave.)
31-05-2009 20:15
crightonjohn Offline
Junior Poster

Perhaps Scotsman can clarify the exact nature of these texts. I'm sure that would help to get to the bottom of this matter.
31-05-2009 20:36
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

I've PM'ed Jamie about it.
31-05-2009 21:08
Digital Dave Away
Retired

Any news on the Elite TV rogue text situation, Scotsman/Tintin? It seems to have gone strangely quiet on the matter! Were you both mistaken?
07-06-2009 02:39
elitetvonline Offline
Senior Poster

Digital Dave Wrote:Any news on the Elite TV rogue text situation, Scotsman/Tintin? It seems to have gone strangely quiet on the matter! Were you both mistaken?

I think the answer to this is yes.
The texts were free promotional texts sent from our 3G Video service.

As I explained to Scotsman, each time he uses the 3G service his number will register on the database and he will receive the FREE promotional texts. All anyone needs to do to stop receiving these texts is call our helpline number and we will remove them from the database.

Glad this has been cleared up as the thought that someone was sending unsolicited text messages on our behlaf was most concerning.
07-06-2009 10:43
Thread Closed