Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

Competition formats

Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

RE: Competition formats
(12-12-2020 15:41 )Doddle Wrote:  Elimination formats always cause trouble, however random or deliberate they're set up/drawn.

I know some guys have used the "vote for your top 5 or 8 or n, most votes wins" idea, which does at least focus the field down.
Well, that serves me right. This year, elimination contests seemed to work well (mostly) and the other ones (BS generally) seemed to lead to some very surprising results Surprised

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
05-12-2021 15:04
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

You seem to be inferring - because the result surprised you, the competition didn't work well? Rolleyes
08-12-2021 14:52
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(08-12-2021 14:52 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  You seem to be inferring - because the result surprised you, the competition didn't work well? Rolleyes
Would I infer a thing like that? laugh It was on longer reflection that I noticed the link between several anomalous results.

I might infer that I wasn't born yesterday Surprised At the end of the day, it's just statistical evidence.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
08-12-2021 15:06
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

Award season in full swing and it seems to be progressing without hitch so far which is good.
Lessons have been learnt from past mishaps and unintended oversights.

The UK Babe Channels awards for day and night are an interesting barometer for public opinion providing a sizeable representative sample of perspective.

And we still have the Ultimate Babe and Dayshow Babe comps to come too which I believe are hugely important.
The voting criteria may be subject to subtle or even radical adjustment in the Ultimate comps as opposed to the UK Babe Channels awards.
Proof of that has regularly been in evidence with contrasting winners at times.

This is what makes the different awards so fascinating. Trying to read the public mind is a real challenge laugh.

Kudos to anyone that has run awards so far and anyone that will do so in the near future. I know what it's like Wink. Tough gig. I gave up on it a while ago.
Quit while I was behind Big LaughWink.

03-12-2023 11:50
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

I've only agreed with 1 winner so far, so it's not been a good year from my perspective.

03-12-2023 21:03
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(03-12-2023 11:50 )Snooks Wrote:  Award season in full swing and it seems to be progressing without hitch so far which is good.
Lessons have been learnt from past mishaps and unintended oversights.

And this years 'Spoke Too Soon' award goes to... TongueWink
22-12-2023 20:26
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

(22-12-2023 20:26 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  And this years 'Spoke Too Soon' award goes to... TongueWink

I'm am expert on putting the mockers on things especially when I cause all the mayhem laugh. Anyone would think it was sabotage Tongue.
But it really wasn't Sad.
Sorry folks Sad

(This post was last modified: 22-12-2023 20:35 by Snooks.)
22-12-2023 20:34
ryuken Offline
Hadouken

[split] HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread
(24-12-2023 14:54 )winsaw Wrote:  It really doesn't seam right to me that there groups of 3 and 2 that's not fair on the group of 3 you really need to come up with a way of stopping that from happening

This is a good point raised by Winsaw in the Hall of Fame 2023 - THE ELIMINATOR!! thread.

The same issue has happened in The Goatman's Tits and Booty of the year 2023 Quarter finals stage.

It might be better for all forum babe awards to copy the UK Adult Awards process.

Of a nominations round and then a final vote for your favourite from the top ten round.

Or the Eyres42 Awards voting process of just 1 nominations round and whoever gets the most votes wins.

My comments above are merely suggestions not criticisms. I did an awards once, and it is hard and time consuming.

So thank you to everyone that runs the all awards on here, they're always fun to participate in.

I love babes with brown nipples
24-12-2023 17:00
Charlemagne Offline

^ I have moved this post into the formats thread as it covers all awards.

There are several ways to run competitions and it's the thread creators decision on how he or she wants to run them.

The most common ways are to either have a nomination and then knockout stage.
Or where a girl gets points. Or just a single vote method.

There are pros and cons to every format and often a different format produces different results.

24-12-2023 20:03
KerrAvon Offline
Posting Machine

Personally I think there's too many of them now but people seem to love running them so be it.

I think the Ultimate awards have had their day now. It served its purpose back in the day when it was the only show in town but the UK Babe Channels Babes Of The Year has supplanted it now with a better format and even trophies for the girls. The Ultimates always had controversy with its knockout formats, what with seedings, people missing rounds etc etc. But at least it used to have the numbers voting to help negate some of the issues, but now there's probably less than half voting in them nowadays and if they can remember or be about to vote in each round. Probably why we're getting surprising results with it.

Nominate and/or vote just once, either seeded or not, and give that vote enough time to catch everybody is the best format for me. Don't you just hate when probably the only two girls you like in a knockout round get drawn together? laugh
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2023 00:33 by KerrAvon.)
28-12-2023 00:30

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS