Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.07 Average

Babe Channels on $ky - FTA or FTV?

Censorship :-( Away
Sadly, no more caps. :-(

RE: Babe Channels on $ky - FTA or FTV?
Dreamlander Wrote:The current monobloc LNB you are using will pick up 28.2 if aligned to it.You will lose 13 or 19.2 if you re align to 28.2 as they are more than 6 degrees apart.A 1 metre or 1.2 metre dish with an LNB rail with three LNBs on it will let you receive all of the satellites on the one dish but your house will start to look like Jodrell Bank lol!

Dreamlander-Dreaming of having a 1.2 metre motorised dish! Big Grin

My set-up is too old for 'new fangled' things like monoblocs Wink
Seriously, though, I have 2 single LNBs, so a third for 28e was what I was thinking. Existing reception is fine, even in heavy rain - only snow on the dish face causes problems, so I was hoping that I would not require a larger dish?. The dish would be moved to 19e, with offsets either side for 13e & 28e.
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2009 00:32 by Censorship :-(.)
23-06-2009 00:31
Find all posts by this user
Dreamlander Offline

RE: Babe Channels on $ky - FTA or FTV?
Ironically,28.2 is the weakest,or hardest signal to pick up of the three commonly available satellites Smile You could hang a dustbin lid in the air and receive Hotbird 13 lol! and 19.2 is not much less powerful.I first picked up Hotbird 13 with a 25cm plastic camping set dish! Big Grin Astra 28.2 is too far away from the other two in my opinion to be received on a standard dish pointed at 19.2,I think.Monobloc LNBs for 19 and 13 are about 10 cms apart and benefit from both signals being very strong to make the 'offset' one still receive a good signal.I know with a big enough dish you can get all three and Astra 15 as well with the LNBs on a carefully positioned rail.I would be interested in your findings when you do get the extra LNB and how you connect it to the arm of the satellite.Perhaps it's because you are further north that the European satellites are so good? I know Sky fit a 45cm,not 30cm dish over the border as Astra 28.2 does start to weaken it's signal up there.

Dreamlander
23-06-2009 09:29
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed