Thread Rating:
  • 50 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average

Ofcom proposing to get much tougher ?

mrwotzup Offline
...---...

RE: Ofcom proposing to get much tougher ?
DT17 Wrote:Cos the 900 channels are much easier targets with less mainstream exposure & a much less publically open support? OFCOM have to justify their existance somehow & its far easier to kill the small guy than go after the terrestial big boys & the potential headlines/backlash that may involve. No one would batter an eyelid if the 900s disappeared. Sad but true.
Good point
The problem is that the headline " Ofcom cracking down on sex Channels" plays very well in newspapers like the Daily Mail and its readers,they can bring huge support to such measures,lobby MPs etc.

They think any kind of nudity (phone sex eek) etc is perverted,dirty,digusting and want to ban it...they think anyone who views it is some kind of sex maniac/pervert/potential rapist/deviant... So if they read Ofcom are banning it then they think its a good idea....It will show to the Daily Mail type reader that Ofcom are making a difference in protecting the morals of the Nation

As DT17 said who is going to stand up for a phone sex channel, I dont think your local MP is going to help you so the 900 channels are easy targets,no Newspaper is going to run a campaign to save them

We are all doomed

(btw Its almost the same way they report Computer Games.... spawn of the Devil...dont get me started)
19-06-2009 19:55
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

YEP WERE ALL DOOMED RUN FOR YOUR LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Piper Niven Superfan
19-06-2009 20:29
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

Dreamlander Wrote:Ofcom,if you're listening,PIN protect us and F*ck Off!

That's one of the greatest sentences ever! It sums up the whole argument in just ten words Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2009 20:32 by StanTheMan.)
19-06-2009 20:32
Hollywood PillowPants Offline
p.W.o 4 LIFE!!!

They will never ban the babechannels,the authorities in this country are all about the money,they'll come up with ridiculous guidelines that are next to impossible to follow,and fine their asses to the nth degree.On a lighter note i can see a future where ofcum have motion cameras stationed above the beds,more than three groin thrusts per minute is too sexual FINED four booty shakes per minute is too provoking FINED boobs that move more than 2mm is deemed as corrupting the moral fabric of society FINED.The future is bright,The future is filming from the neck up!!

""This show's about as interesting as Nick Griffin reading excerpts from 'Mein Kampf'!"
19-06-2009 20:55
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

Yep, burqa babes will be coming soon!
19-06-2009 21:00
moron50 Away
Master Poster

Perhaps Angel Long could blow them all, or provide the requisite lady/lady action to ensure that they shut the f**k up.

Alternatively, get a newspaper to publish their expenses, which one can only assume would include copious numbers of claims for branded tissues.
19-06-2009 21:06
Hollywood PillowPants Offline
p.W.o 4 LIFE!!!

mrwotzup Wrote:...they think anyone who views it is some kind of sex maniac/pervert/potential rapist/deviant...

ERM.... should i be worried? with the exception of potential rapist,i qualify for the other three. Big Grin

""This show's about as interesting as Nick Griffin reading excerpts from 'Mein Kampf'!"
19-06-2009 21:12
*Kal-El* Away
Superman

i think ofcom are gonna get so hard on the channels that we'll be lucky if they even allow the models to show there ankles lol.

"No Clark I know Everything About You, I Didn’t Just Borrow Your DNA, I Have All Your Memories All Your Thoughts......Every Last Twisted One of Them”.
19-06-2009 21:30
steven6 Offline
I'm Orange

This is pish you can't see anything more explicit on the babe channels than you would on sexcetera

I wish I could go back in time and kill whoever invented Breast Implants!!!!!!
19-06-2009 23:04
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
seth Offline
Master Poster

steven6 Wrote:This is pish you can't see anything more explicit on the babe channels than you would on sexcetera

I'd say Sexcetera's more explicit.
19-06-2009 23:13