Thread Rating:
  • 50 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average

Ofcom proposing to get much tougher ?

chrislatimer Offline
Banned

RE: Ofcom proposing to get much tougher ?
its all gonna end up online 24/7 and the 900 channels will die a death.

its quite pitiful how ofcom are attacking the 900 channels mary whitehouse would be so proud
28-06-2009 20:04
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dalebags Offline
No Disintegrations

Has everyone seen how you now need to enter your pin on the 900 channels. Im all for that if it means a return to the old days of being a bit more daring but having a look through them last night it was just the same as normal and its even more annoying now when you have to type your pin every time you switch .Even chatback is pin protected and it is a continous loop which plays during the day .

Lets hope things get better or I think it may be the end for the channels soon especially when there is better just a click away although you cant link that here either now

Trumpets !!!!!!
02-07-2009 12:52
654321 Offline
Master Poster

ofcom suck cock! they've even got at channel 4. The Friends and Desperate Housewives episodes have been censored. 1 friends episode phoebe says the word pervert and they edit it out now. The other day on DH Gabrielle says orgasms but that edited out. Yet they dont crack down on Loose Women who constantly making sexual reference at lunchtime! Wot bout the kiddies then???

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
02-07-2009 13:03
SOCATOA Offline
"mini see through thong"

dalebags Wrote:Has everyone seen how you now need to enter your pin on the 900 channels. Im all for that if it means a return to the old days of being a bit more daring but having a look through them last night it was just the same as normal and its even more annoying now when you have to type your pin every time you switch .Even chatback is pin protected and it is a continous loop which plays during the day .

Lets hope things get better or I think it may be the end for the channels soon especially when there is better just a click away although you cant link that here either now
Dont here them complain about the Gay Boys channels!! Does that tell you somethingSmile
02-07-2009 13:04
dalebags Offline
No Disintegrations

I dont care which channels it is - if they are pin protected they should be able to get a bit racier.

Did you know that some of the simpsons episodes have been censored and channel 4 as well - Its getting absolutely ridiculous now - I read a while back as well that some Tom and Jerry cartoons have been censored as well because they feature Tom smoking cigars and ciggies- for gods sake. I mean the cat and mouse can beat the living shit out of each other but god help the kids if they see a cat having a fag. I grew up with these cartoons and also road runner ones - doesnt mean Im going to hit someone over the head with a sledgehammer does it and they dont make me want to start smoking either- Does turn me to drink though

Trumpets !!!!!!
02-07-2009 13:15
Mellow Offline
Posting Machine

dalebags Wrote:Has everyone seen how you now need to enter your pin on the 900 channels.
I haven't seen anything different with my Sky box. I can still flick through all the FTA channels with no pin request.
02-07-2009 13:19
aaron Offline
Posting Machine

SOCATOA Wrote:Dont here them complain about the Gay Boys channels!! Does that tell you somethingSmile

Gay channels are automatically covered by any Ofcom regulation changes affecting the babe channels. Gay channels are not dealt with as a separate item.
02-07-2009 13:20
654321 Offline
Master Poster

Wots the point in giving these programmes certificate 12 and then censoring them? Next thing u know ofcom will censor Crimewatch because murder is a sensitive subject

re: pin issue, if ur watching it on sky planner then you will be prompted for a pin. watchin it live never has a pin

:O i just saw Boots advert and it was advertising sum vagina pH balance stuff. They said vagina at least 3 times, lets all tell ofcom lol

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2009 13:26 by 654321.)
02-07-2009 13:23
perana68 Offline
Master Poster

As a public body OFCOM have to take account of responses to consultations, so the more level headed responses the more weight the arguments in favour of babe channels will carry. The babe channels should welcome this and club together for the best legal counsel to represent them as current fines and rules are against European law and jeopordise free trade, get some balls and take the fuckers on.
Penalties are also disproportionate to risk which is against government principles following recent reviews that attempt to reduce the burden of regulation.
Maybe we should ask Jaquie Smith's husband to be a spokesman for the channels as he likes a good perv like the rest of us
02-07-2009 13:35
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

dalebags Wrote:Has everyone seen how you now need to enter your pin on the 900 channels. Im all for that if it means a return to the old days of being a bit more daring but having a look through them last night it was just the same as normal and its even more annoying now when you have to type your pin every time you switch .Even chatback is pin protected and it is a continous loop which plays during the day .

Nothing's changed for me. I don't have to enter my pin to access any of the 900 channels.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
02-07-2009 13:52