Thread Rating:
  • 50 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average

Ofcom proposing to get much tougher ?

dalebags Offline
No Disintegrations

RE: Ofcom proposing to get much tougher ?
its ok during the day but last night I had to enter my pin to watch all of the 900 channels - have you updated your veiwing card yet? Either that or its just my sky box - I'll wait to have a look tonight unless anyone else had it last night as well

Trumpets !!!!!!
02-07-2009 13:55
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
*Kal-El* Away
Superman

Thats happened to me a couple times dalebags and then after a while it stopped doing that. I think its just one of those things that just happens from time to time.

"No Clark I know Everything About You, I Didn’t Just Borrow Your DNA, I Have All Your Memories All Your Thoughts......Every Last Twisted One of Them”.
02-07-2009 14:10
Mellow Offline
Posting Machine

I have not yet received the new viewing card which they say is currently being distributed. Have to wait and see if that makes any difference.

The only thing I have noticed recently is that when watching Elite at exactly 9pm the search and scan banner flashes on screen for a second then disappears.
02-07-2009 14:13
*Kal-El* Away
Superman

Got my new viewing card a few weeks ago and didn't notice any real difference.

"No Clark I know Everything About You, I Didn’t Just Borrow Your DNA, I Have All Your Memories All Your Thoughts......Every Last Twisted One of Them”.
02-07-2009 14:16
dalebags Offline
No Disintegrations

hopefully it is back to normal- it is kind of off putting if you know what I mean lol

Trumpets !!!!!!
02-07-2009 14:19
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

perana68 Wrote:As a public body OFCOM have to take account of responses to consultations, so the more level headed responses the more weight the arguments in favour of babe channels will carry. The babe channels should welcome this and club together for the best legal counsel to represent them

The babe channels already club together to respond to Ofcom consultations - and call themselves the Participation Television Broadcasters’ Association.
02-07-2009 14:24
*Kal-El* Away
Superman

yeah i know what you mean when it happened to mine i thought my sky+ box was fucked, a few months ago it even did that sky one and it wanted me to type the password in i was thinking at the time WTF lol.

02-07-2009 14:25
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

admiral decker Wrote:The babe channels already club together to respond to Ofcom consultations - and call themselves the Participation Television Broadcasters’ Association.

The P.T.B.A: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/...tv_ass.pdf

There wont be any forced changes relating to encryption until the "Babe Show" ofcom consultation is concluded in the autumn.

The new generation of sky cards do not enforce pin protection on the 900's either.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2009 14:40 by vostok 1.)
02-07-2009 14:39
perana68 Offline
Master Poster

admiral decker Wrote:
perana68 Wrote:As a public body OFCOM have to take account of responses to consultations, so the more level headed responses the more weight the arguments in favour of babe channels will carry. The babe channels should welcome this and club together for the best legal counsel to represent them

The babe channels already club together to respond to Ofcom consultations - and call themselves the Participation Television Broadcasters’ Association.

Ordinary members of the public have the right to respond also so its the opportunity for all those on here who moan about OFCOM to have their say
02-07-2009 14:45
dalebags Offline
No Disintegrations

well I mde a point of watching before 9 to see what happens and about 5 to 9 I was watching a preview about using pin protection - surely everyone else is getting this

All my 900 channels again are pin protected again tonight -looks like this permanent

Trumpets !!!!!!
02-07-2009 21:07