Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.73 Average

Goodbye Michael

sasha Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Goodbye Michael
Well I agree completely,

There is alot of rather annoying 'artiiiists!' out there today who lack talent and feed off the attention.

Too much ego crap and not enough talent

Kings of Leon aint half bad, but I cannot compare to Mr Michael Jackson. He's World Class.

I don't want to put him in the past tense.

Like the gent remarked earlier - his legend will live on through his uncomparable music.

A broadcaster earlier made an interesting point. He said that much of Jacksons music had a physcotic feel, for example, the great Thriller, Billie Jean was about a stalker etc.........

I did like Earth Song, Dirty Diana, Keep the Faith, Keep it in the closet...........

There is so many songs. I havent even tapped into it with the above. Theres all his early stuff.

'ABC' ! Heart

xxxxxxxxxx

TDK2008 Wrote:I can't say I was a diehard fan but I did like his songs. I hope Jackson is remembered for the music. Nowadays people are famous for achieving nothing but Jackson's a bonafide legend. RIP Michael Jackson.
26-06-2009 22:29
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Poolieguy01 Offline
Monkey Hanger

Unfortunately he wont be remembered for his music, which is a real shame as his music was great (favourite songs being Thriller, Billie Jean and Beat It) although saying that anyone else find Black or White to be very hypocritical? After all he sings "if you want to be my baby it dont matter if you're black or white" and yet he made such a fuss about wanting to be white.
26-06-2009 22:33
rickhardo Offline
Evening!

AS I've said elsewhere I wasn't a big fan but two things stand out. Firstly he made the biggest selling album in history - you can't knock that. And secondly Thriller was a huge turning point in the development of music video. I remember recording it when it was first shown (I was too young to stay up) and watching it the next day - it blew me away.

I don't know where you magic pixies came from, but I like your pixie drink!
26-06-2009 22:34
seth Offline
Master Poster

Poolieguy01 Wrote:Unfortunately he wont be remembered for his music, which is a real shame as his music was great (favourite songs being Thriller, Billie Jean and Beat It) although saying that anyone else find Black or White to be very hypocritical? After all he sings "if you want to be my baby it dont matter if you're black or white" and yet he made such a fuss about wanting to be white.

I think he will be remembered for his music by his fans, those who aren't will remember him for other things, mostly negative such as the alleged child abuse. That will always be part of his legacy, whether anything happened only he and them children really know.
26-06-2009 22:48
sasha Offline
Senior Poster

Yeah, you cannot mess with an acheivement of such stratospheric proportions.

Thriller was Massive and so amazing for me to watch as a little kid. I remember its fueling effect on my imagination.

Beat It was great.

And the hypocriticly acclaimed! 'black or white was a strange one 4 Mr Jackson to take on in view of his pursuit in skin discolouring, however, like I mentioned b4, my opinion is that he had issues with discontent regarding his looks. I beleive it was more of a personal problem rather than him wanting to be a white man as such. I fully believe that he beieved in the lyrics with with he sung that song.

rickhardo Wrote:AS I've said elsewhere I wasn't a big fan but two things stand out. Firstly he made the biggest selling album in history - you can't knock that. And secondly Thriller was a huge turning point in the development of music video. I remember recording it when it was first shown (I was too young to stay up) and watching it the next day - it blew me away.
26-06-2009 22:49

Click here to watch Babestation TV