Thread Rating:
  • 58 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

OFCOM: Bang Babes & The Pad

MARCCE Offline
Senior Poster

RE: OFCOM: Bang Babes & The Pad
Ofcom took into account that Jonathan Ross is a well known personality, who has an
irreverent, challenging and at times risqué humour that is familiar to audiences.
Ofcom also recognised that the comment was clearly aimed at an adult audience.
Importantly, if children did hear this comment it was unlikely that they would have
understood it or its implications. In light of this, Ofcom considered that there was little
potential for the comment to be imitated by children, for example in the playground.

Quite frankly, there are some unbelievable double standards in that bulletin.

Notably the complaints about Jonathan Ross. Firstly, this was a comment which provoked 61 complaints compared to the one that Bangbabes got.

Note how Ofcom seek to justify it with a "you know what you're getting" type stance with Jonathan Ross. Isn't this also true of the babe channels?

Then they go on to say that it is unlikely that children would have understood the comment made. Fair enough but how many kids would understand what simulated masturbation was? It would be reasonable to suggest that those that do would be sexually aware enough to decipher a remark aimed at being gay.

It's then justified by Ofcom on the grounds that the broadcaster has to have freedom of expression. Hmmm freedom of expression that provokes 61 complaints is ok but freedom of expression that provokes 1 complaint isn't?

Ofcom are nothing short of a joke and it's just a pity that nobody has the balls to stand up against them because some of their adjudications are ripe to be torn apart on the grounds of inconsistency.
06-07-2009 18:41
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

their judgments do seem to be very inconsistent i agree

Piper Niven Superfan
06-07-2009 19:06
*Kal-El* Away
Superman

I think they need to relax to relax and enjoy the shows Smile

"No Clark I know Everything About You, I Didn’t Just Borrow Your DNA, I Have All Your Memories All Your Thoughts......Every Last Twisted One of Them”.
06-07-2009 19:08
654321 Offline
Master Poster

wot jonathon ross said wasn't even in the slightest bit offensive and 61 ppl complained? just shows how ridiculous this country is getting. Wot next? OFCOM ban bikini's in beach volleyball or aerobics shows? or only full body swimsuits allowed in swimming races?

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
06-07-2009 19:39
THE INCREDIBLE BULK Away
formerlly DjM

God what a boring bunch of pricks!

OFCOM should do themselves a favour, watch one of the shows tonight...have a wank...and GET OVER IT! Jesus! Uptight knobs!
06-07-2009 19:40
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Most kids are probably watching sexstation online webshow on their laptops anyway. Big Grin
06-07-2009 20:17
654321 Offline
Master Poster

TheWatcher Wrote:Most kids are probably watching sexstation online webshow on their laptops anyway. Big Grin

nope, more like at school , in the library lol

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
06-07-2009 20:32
Hollywood PillowPants Offline
p.W.o 4 LIFE!!!

Ofcom i've got two words for you.... SUCK IT!

""This show's about as interesting as Nick Griffin reading excerpts from 'Mein Kampf'!"
07-07-2009 09:37
rjack11 Offline
Senior Poster

Well the tories are going to strip them of power soon, so expect a lot of shit now.
07-07-2009 10:14
hugh_g_rection Offline
Senior Poster

with the certain segments of that report that i could be bothered to read, i couldn't help wondering to myself, that with these double standards in place, what would happen if you swapped the two occurences over, so that the Bang Babes presenters told a gay joke, and Jonathan Ross showed a bit of 'bammhole'? ;-)
07-07-2009 15:50