Thread Rating:
  • 32 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average

Tory plans for Ofcom

H-H Offline
Junior Poster

RE: Tory plans for Ofcom
"Slapper channels" are an easy target for politicans, and help distract from more serious issues that they can't - or won't - do anything about. Loads of women lie to themselves about whether their man knocks one off, so they think only sleazy guys use adult entertainment.

And censorship has gone backwards in the past 4 years. It can get worse.

I have set up a noticeboard specifically for all sorts of election issues, let's get the ball rolling and get noticed. It's at http://www.runboard.com/belection2010

I love Muffin, Muffin-the-Mule.
22-04-2010 02:55
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
amandasnumerounofan Offline
Massive Amanda Fan

Sorry, but what is with the term "Slapper channels", how fucking insulting is that. I would like to say that that is one way to fuck the girls off, when they provide us with adult entertainment and work hard at doing it, just to get slagged of is out of order!
22-04-2010 03:40
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

(22-04-2010 02:55 )H-H Wrote:  "Slapper channels" are an easy target for politicans, and help distract from more serious issues that they can't - or won't - do anything about. Loads of women lie to themselves about whether their man knocks one off, so they think only sleazy guys use adult entertainment.

And censorship has gone backwards in the past 4 years. It can get worse.

I have set up a noticeboard specifically for all sorts of election issues, let's get the ball rolling and get noticed. It's at http://www.runboard.com/belection2010

Yes they are not as good as they were 4 years ago I'll give you that one but they are a hell of lot better now since 2007 onwards when all models were forced to wear 2 pairs on granny pants, sorry if sounded a bit out of order to refer to them as slapper channels but the point I was trying to make was these channels are no big deal and should just be left alone to provide us viewers with entertainment and a big thank you must go to babestation that since the tail end of 2009 has improved drastictally but in all honesty they probably had to show more purely from a money making decision to maintain interest. As for the tories or any other party getting into power I personally can't see the same level of censership as ofcom was created up by Labour and will end with Labour and if Cameron is good to his word and does win the election he will treat adults as adults and kids as kids and put an end for once and all to this nanny state mentality.
22-04-2010 18:24
amandasnumerounofan Offline
Massive Amanda Fan

I can understand the point that you were making, i'm just trying to say that by using that term the girls might then just calm the performances down and then Ofcom win, no matter who comes into power.
22-04-2010 20:20
stoly Offline
Banned

I can understand what all you folks are dreaming of, but utopia really doesn't exist. When has any politician ever lived up to his or her word, short answer NEVER. And if you think all the draconian powers introduced over the past ten years are going to go away, you've got another think coming. They were introduced, we went along with them, and there here to stay.
I don't see anything changing as far as Ofcom is concerned, if they ditch them a similar outfit will emerge, with the same or more powers, the powers that be have us where they want us, unarmed saps, willing to put up with any shite they introduce, all in the name of democracy.
Well i've had my rant Smile
22-04-2010 22:16
H-H Offline
Junior Poster

(22-04-2010 22:16 )stoly Wrote:  I can understand what all you folks are dreaming of, but utopia really doesn't exist. When has any politician ever lived up to his or her word ...

This is all speculation. No politican has opened their mouth on their subject, so "living up to their word" just doesn't apply. And it won't until people start pestering them on the subject.

Quote: ... all in the name of democracy
Try asking about "diversity". Your taste in evening entertainment might not be the same as a candidate's, but do they support your right to erotic entertainment in the privacy of your own home? Go on, ask.

22-04-2010 23:25
H-H Offline
Junior Poster

This was buried among other points and time to read things properly is in short supply at the moment, but I'd like to think he meant what he said below...
Quote:Re: Policy Enquiry‏
From: Henry Smith, Conservative Parliamentary Spokesman for Crawley
Sent: 25 April 2010 11:11:31
To:

Dear Mr

I find myself in complete agreement with the various concerns and issues you have expressed.

We need to re-introduce common sence in to our government and its agencies once more.

Yours sincerely

Henry Smith
Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for Crawley
http://www.henrysmith.info

-----Original Message-----
To:
Subject: Policy Enquiry

Dear Mr Smith,

I would be grateful if you could spare a minute to help me and my friends decide what way to vote? Where do you stand on these issues? What will you do about them?
Why do we waste £132 Million a year on broadcasting regulator Ofcom and their bizarre sense of priorities? ARY Digital broadcast a “talent” show where a contestant bit the head off a live snake then skinned it with his teeth while continuing to eat it – this at 11am when children would be watching. The channel got the mildest of tellings off. Phone box operator Infolines failed to provide statutory 3rd party insurance details from April 2004 onwards – in August 2009 a mere 5 1/2 years later – Ofcom published a consultation to consider suspending them. The company had ceased trading and applied to be removed by the Companies House Register by then. Radio Faza that encouraged anti-semitic racial hated by repeatedly telling a joke about throwing boiling water over a “jewish kid” and got a mild rebuke. Instead of concentrating on real issues with real public interest, Ofcom seems to devote 50% of its effort to hounding soft-core erotic channels that have generated only 1 genuine complaint in 5 years. Will you encourage Ofcom to get a sense of proportion as well as allowing strong erotic material late at night on clearly labelled channels that can be locked out?
Thank you for your time.

26-04-2010 02:15
Gold Plated Pension Offline
paid to sip tea

At this weekends annual erotic awards there is an awarding category for the politician who has done the most to promote/support the sex industry.
Details of the event and other organisations who challenge the ever increasing mountain of legislation can be found in the Adult Entertainment section of this forum.

Generally Following

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/

http://www.indexoncensorship.org/

http://www.backlash-uk.org.uk/wp/

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/faqmf.htm

http://www.bis.gov.uk/brdo/publications/...sultations

Expect a Civil Service
Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
26-04-2010 21:40
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Reading the responce from Mr Smith I think that can been seen as very positive but like me your probably all holding your breathes to see what implications the new government assuming Labour are defeated has on the babe channels, I personally think they'll improve as they can't possibly get any more censured than they are at the moment, after all they are Adult Channels and David Cameron also did say that he would treat adults as adults and not children so lets hope this nanny state that ofcom have created ends soon.
29-04-2010 07:07
Captain Vimes Offline
Deus Ex Machina

Sorry to piss on your bonfires if you think there is going to be any relaxing of the rules if the Tories win the election.

I would expect to see OFCOM disbanded within a few weeks of a new Tory government with much hulabaloo and shouting as to the amount of money this was saving the taxpayer. Then, unseen and unheralded, a new or existing body would take over OFCOM's duties. After a few months the people appointed to this body will be 'friends and acquaintances' of those in power with a few visible neutrals.

Mind you I expect this to happen whoever forms the next government.

It was ever thus.
29-04-2010 13:24