Thread Rating:
  • 88 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Ofcom Broadcast Code Consultation

MARCCE Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Ofcom Broadcast Code Consultation
(02-12-2009 05:52 )fatsoburger999 Wrote:  I'm all for harder content, but where are the questions on that link dude?

This is the problem with it. Whilst it's quite important to respond to it to make sure they aren't able to sneak in a toning down due to responses demanding that, the whole consultation doesn't seem to be addressing the content of the programmes. To me, that is every bit as, if not more, important than deciding whether the channels will be classed as teleshopping or editorial.

This would seem to be the first part of the battle in that Ofcom are recognising there is a demand for these channels and are actively putting together, and seemingly supporting, guidelines for them to continue.

The next part surely has to be what is permitted. Having trawled through the consultation, I note that it appears that the channels would be regulated under the Advertising Code as regards sexual content, nudity and inappropriate language. That would seem to imply pretty much an "as you were" for the continuation of them.

Having seen the amount of research the consultation has done into the various levels of call volumes at different times of the day, I'm now wondering even more if the sudden pushing the boundaries from certain channels has been done to put forward a case that call volumes increase when things get a bit raunchier.

The other worry is the fact that older viewers seem to be the main opponents of these channels. Does this mean that at some future point in my life, I'll go from thinking "oh my god, this is hot" to "oh my god, how the hell is this filth allowed on tv?" Will there be any warning signs that this will be about to happen as this is now causing me some concern Smile
02-12-2009 15:52
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ofcom Broadcast Code Consultation - MARCCE - 02-12-2009 15:52