Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average

Forum activity (or the lack of)

Rise Offline
L' énigme, elle est très belle

RE: Forum activity (or the lack of)
(19-07-2011 19:07 )Jam Da Man Wrote:  Finally, on the subject of "Over-Moderation" - I think the Mods do an excellent job, one and all.
Perhaps a clear set of Forum rules could be posted on each Forum section, but some people would only try to word things in a cleverer way to get around the rules - rendering such a thing pointless.

Well exactly. And I got the impression (and I'm not sure, this is just the impression I got at the time) that one thing that was happening relatively recently was that certain posters were doing this on a fairly regular and continuous basis ... an example being when the original so-called 'headpicklers clique' were pursuing what could sometimes seem to be an aggressive agenda against other forumites/ex-forumites. That's when some odd and unexplained moderation started to happen, and my feeling at the time was that it was an implied message i.e. 'yes you're being very clever, getting round the rules to pursue your agendas, so have a little of your own medicine'.

i.e. the mods fought fire with fire. Which frankly seems fair enough to me, tbh.

But I hasten to add I'm only speculating, it's just how I read events at the time.
20-07-2011 21:24
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Rise Wrote:an example being when the original so-called 'headpicklers clique' were pursuing what could sometimes seem to be an aggressive agenda against other forumites/ex-forumites. That's when some odd and unexplained moderation started to happen, and my feeling at the time was that it was an implied message i.e. 'yes you're being very clever, getting round the rules to pursue your agendas, so have a little of your own medicine'.

So you mean the 'ledders/forum members who are not who they seem thread' issue

The problem with this theory is a) inconsistent moderating started happening well beyond this (arguably ever since the forum jumped in size around the tail end of 2009/start of 2010 and became much harder to keep in check), and b) have a look at who posted in that thread and some of the thanks and you will see mods involved as well, so they clearly had little to no issue with it Wink

Indeed, if the mods had such an issue with it, then why is the thread still open to be posted in and the posts still visible?

20-07-2011 22:20
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Boomerangutangangbang Online
Owned by Kelly Bell

Never mind Forum rules if the Babeshows themselves challenge the self appointed watchdog Offcom over their sketchy rules & pushed things a little,this forum would be buzzing with activity.Albeit in it's own anarchistic way.Lets be honest the shows are bland & it's their own fault they've spent too much time grassing each other up instead of joining forces & fighting for less censureship.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
21-07-2011 04:43
anchorman Offline
Account Closed

(21-07-2011 04:43 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  it's their own fault they've spent too much time grassing each other up instead of joining forces & fighting for less censureship.

Your dead right if they stuck together instead of ratting on one another all the channels would be better now.
21-07-2011 05:13
Renfrew169 Offline
Senior Poster

(21-07-2011 05:13 )babefinder Wrote:  
(21-07-2011 04:43 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  it's their own fault they've spent too much time grassing each other up instead of joining forces & fighting for less censureship.

Your dead right if they stuck together instead of ratting on one another all the channels would be better now.

Absolutely correct !

1 million, four hundred and fifty seven
thousand, one hundred and seventeenteen
people can't be wrong !!!
You keep looking I'll keep updating the number
21-07-2011 05:40
Boomerangutangangbang Online
Owned by Kelly Bell

There's only so many ways to say I love her tits/arse etc. (doesn't stop some people),all we really need is exciting performances/happenings to post about.When was the last time the Forum got excited about an "Event" ? Maybe the Kelly Bell nightshow ? Will the promise of a new channel help ? Can't see it,they'll more than likely play it safe with established names.

The Forum is driven by what we view on our screens,if the shows stop exciting us we could just end up argueing amongst ourselves...hang on,we do that already.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
21-07-2011 05:41
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

I would ask anyone who wants less moderation on the forum to read all the way through this thread, beginning at post #1.

With no moderation, this thread is a good example of what many of the threads on this forum would become like.
i.e. going completely off topic, and with many posts being just a load of bitching between a few members slanging each other off.
21-07-2011 10:52
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(21-07-2011 05:41 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  Will the promise of a new channel help ? Can't see it,they'll more than likely play it safe with established names.

Eeeh, remember the time when the arrival of a new channel caused real excitement because you knew they were going to come in all guns blazing for the first couple of weeks? They usually fell into line eventually, but that settling in period was always fun.

(21-07-2011 00:08 )Sooky™ Wrote:  I didn't realise this forum was now a personal messaging service between forumites and twitter accounts (silly me was of the opinion that to interact with a twitter account, you signed up to twitter and posted to them - or ignore it if you don't want to join twitter)

But hey ho: HI TWITTER-VERSE!!!!!!!!!!!! (if your evil eye is watching)

Amen! I just don't see the connection. If someone was bad-mouthing me on Twitface I wouldn't give a flying fuck - they could say what the hell they like because I don't use any of the SN sites. Just stay away and don't take part and they'll eventually grow bored.
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2011 13:12 by StanTheMan.)
21-07-2011 13:05
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(21-07-2011 10:52 )TheWatcher Wrote:  I would ask anyone who wants less moderation on the forum to read all the way through this thread, beginning at post #1.

With no moderation, this thread is a good example of what many of the threads on this forum would become like.
i.e. going completely off topic, and with many posts being just a load of bitching between a few members slanging each other off.

I don't think anyone is calling for no moderation, just a different style of moderation, to bring the same end results by a different means.

I for one have no issue with any of the mods here, and can understand it being a chore at times to wade through threads, been there done that Smile
Maybe the board needs more mods to spread the load and be more responsive to issues when they arise.
As a comparison, on my forum, we have 3 admin, dealing with the overall forum and server, 4 junior admin, mainly dealing with a specific section each, around 20 active supermods with global mod rights, though most cover one or two specific sections, and around 10 mods with rights in one section only. We are a more global forum, where this is more UK-centric, so we have mods from across the globe to provide 24 hour cover, but even so, we try to over-staff slightly to avoid burning people out, after all, as has been said, modding is a thankless task, without pay, and mods are board members as well, and should have time to contribute as members as well as doing their mod duties.

munch

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
21-07-2011 14:57
sweetsugar007 Offline
Big Ass Lover

I can't say there has been any major problems with any of the mods apart from when there was a big kick off over the reliability of the shebang website and we were all having a go at Amanda and she was doing the same it was a good row which I enjoyed. I am just concerned that maybe sometimes the mods protect the channels and the babes too much.

But in the main they are the least of my concerns when posting on here.

Spiderman,Spiderman,does whatever a Spider can!!!
21-07-2011 15:54

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS