Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average

HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread

Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

RE: HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread
My hope would be that any increase to the years inductees should naturally see daybabes voted in. The shows are not far of 20 years old & I believe there's a backlog of talent that warrants inclusion. I'm not proposing rushing babes into the HOF, but some degree of catch-up is needed, otherwise the earlier performers will just get pushed back in peoples memories & be lost to the HOF. It's not like we're going to fill up the HOF & run out of worthy babes to induct. Seven babes in 6 years is way too little. The dynamic of a HOF is totally different to a regular comp with a winner & runner up. It doesn't lessen the HOF by having 4 or 5 inductees a year in any way. I think it will lead to more participation in future, as member won't get too disillusioned when their picks miss out year after year. Really if this is done properly it should be the least controversial comps of them all on the Forum.
Great points made by all in this discussion. It's worth me pointing out that as I've been away from this place over the period that this comp has run, I've actually taken time to read through all the previous threads, & members have had similar issues throughout, which isn't ideal. That's not to say that we can't change things in the future. There seems to be a willingness to improve the HOF, & maybe we wont get everything right if changes are made. It can always be tweaked again.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
23-11-2020 14:43
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doddle Offline
Not just the sun

(23-11-2020 00:37 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  For me it's clear cut. In my head there's a pecking order. A music Hall of Fame would induct the Spice Girls before Little Mix. the Supremes before the Spice Girls etc. (I'm channeling Girl Bands)
NB. I wouldn't induct either of the first 2 Wink i was just trying to make a point Important
I'd induct Bananarama and the Bangles before I inducted the bloody awful Supremes.

We could automatically induct all babes after 10 years and save the aggro laugh

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with its "25 years before you can be nominated; then good luck getting enough votes for inclusion" fiasco shows how the rules can sometimes be self-defeating.

Clive James Wrote:Reality is a useful brake on megalomania.
23-11-2020 15:41
Owned by Kelly Bell

^^ That sounds quite restrictive, 25 years for the Rock n Roll HOF, but they are choosing from a massive pool of 60+ years & counting. Babeshows haven't been in existence for 20 years yet. I think our model isn't far off by comparison.

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

23-11-2020 17:29
lovebabes56 Online
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

How many HOF's Do you actually want for the babes on this forum? should we then hold separate votes for daytime and Nght time and induct the winners? As far as I Know i think we get mix actually right in the nominating round but who goes through to voting rounds is down to you guys. I'm more than prepared to let the babes have a vote if they wanted it!! Tongue (But then that in itself might cause confusion!)

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2020 19:37 by lovebabes56.)
23-11-2020 19:35
Owned by Kelly Bell

There has to be just THE ONE Hall of Fame. Smile

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

23-11-2020 20:07
Doddle Offline
Not just the sun

(23-11-2020 17:29 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  ^^ That sounds quite restrictive, 25 years for the Rock n Roll HOF, but they are choosing from a massive pool of 60+ years & counting. Babeshows haven't been in existence for 20 years yet. I think our model isn't far off by comparison.
I didn't mean LITERALLY copying the 25 years bit, it was a comparison to show how flawed other systems can be Wink

24-11-2020 15:07
Owned by Kelly Bell

^^ Yes, I TOTALLY got what you meant. I was commenting on it being an interesting fact, I wasn't making a comparison either. I can see why they went with 25 years, as they've a massive choice to go at.
That's the same reasoning behind why I believe our HOF needs to induct more of the pioneering babeshow babes, before we start picking ones in recent memory..
So if you you believe Elvis is the King of Rock & Roll, you'd expect to see him inducted before Shakin' Stevens. Big Laugh Wink

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

(This post was last modified: 24-11-2020 16:42 by Boomerangutangangbang.)
24-11-2020 16:42
Doddle Offline
Not just the sun

At least the Americans HAVE one, the British knock-off version died a death. The nearest otherwise was the Outstanding Contribution at the Brits, which at 1 a year was never going to be credible, and they've dropped it anyway, as if there were a shortage of choices, rather than a surfeit.

What I believe the Americans do is send out nomination papers (to a small voting committee) and they vote for a number, and those with enough votes get inducted (hence Chic get nominated but not inducted, etc) That would seem more credible than the elimination format in operation here.

I know it's only a bit of fun but it might as well be a smithereen worthier with a little effort,

Otherwise see my other comment on eligibility etc Wink

24-11-2020 22:36
lovebabes56 Online
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

I am appreciating all comments

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
27-11-2020 11:10
Goodfella3041 Offline
Posting Machine

(24-11-2020 22:36 )Doddle Wrote:  At least the Americans HAVE one, the British knock-off version died a death.

Where / what / when was the British one?

I must have missed that completely Huh
27-11-2020 19:45