gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 38 Vote(s) - 3.32 Average

Slow boards help!!!... check here

vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

RE: slow boards help!!!... check here
I don't have a modem, at least not connected. I changed ISP a few years back and they said they didn't offer any support for modem connections, only routers. So I changed to a router (installed by a local company which makes custom-built PCs).
16-05-2011 18:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
admin. Offline
Administrator

RE: Slow Board & "MyBB SQL Errors"
The problems which sometimes occur at peak times are under investigation. Eventually some changes will be made to try and address the issue and at that point the site will be offline for 30 minutes, but warnings of this will be given beforehand. (As the chatbox is now a separate entity it will not be affected by any forum downtime).
16-05-2011 18:21
HEX!T Away
Retired

you must have a modem. unless your phone line/cable connects directly into the router. which is odd... if thats the case make sure the wireless on it is off so it cant be hijacked. you do this via the routers web page.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
16-05-2011 19:11
Stevie Offline
Baby oil fan

I don't understand the point of this thread. The fact that often there are MyBB SQL errors blatantly points to the fact that the SQL server the backend of this forum is hosted on is the problem, posting response times seems to be a bit of a waste of time.
16-05-2011 21:39
admin. Offline
Administrator

(16-05-2011 21:39 )Stevie Wrote:  The fact that often there are MyBB SQL errors

I wasn't aware there were SQL errors. Has anyone reported them anywhere?
16-05-2011 22:22
HEX!T Away
Retired

@steve, considering this is just a tracert thread to give guys some assurance that its not just the forum thats having problems its also the connection to the forum.
some members were complaining of sluggish performance getting from there browser home page to the site doing the tracert shows them why. so i started this thread to gather some evidence of server errors and it showed there was none just generally slow connections at peak time, more often than not cause by the users isp and other users on his/her exchange.
it also gives admin notice if the server was faulting.
but saying as every 1 who posted a trace managed the final hop on the server without it timing out, giving 404 or 503 errors they and he could see for them selves it wasnt the servers fault. in that instance.

generally the site slowed down at 9pm till 1pm now if you jump across the Atlantic your in new york at 5pm till 9pm Americas peak time for Internet traffic again congestion on there Internet is causing problems for any 1 who has a server in the u.s.a. believe it or not the u.s.a actually has worse Internet coverage than the uk but it also hosts most of the domains. end result... slow net...

because of this thread and the info in it a lot less people are posting in the other thread because they can see its basically there connections and the rout taken to the server. and because of that admin can now gather relevant info on errors that the site can do something about.

503 error server online but unable to handle traffic

404 error site/address/ip not found

and bb mysql all have different causes
to diagnose the mysql error admin will need the number that came with it. just announcing you have an error doesn't realy help. so the more info you can give the better. even cap a screen of the full error if you know how.

i hope that explains it for ya steve...

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 17-05-2011 00:38 by HEX!T.)
17-05-2011 00:27
HEX!T Away
Retired

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Comm...r_Messages
a list of common mybb sql errors. until admin can get a few examlples of these errors he cant really do anything other than contact his host and say he has an error somewhere so if you get an error post it here or in the other thread...

17-05-2011 00:32
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(17-05-2011 00:27 )HEX!T Wrote:  ~~~~
~~~~
generally the site slowed down at 9pm till 1pm now if you jump across the Atlantic your in new york at 5pm till 9pm Americas peak time for Internet traffic again congestion on there Internet is causing problems for any 1 who has a server in the u.s.a. believe it or not the u.s.a actually has worse Internet coverage than the uk but it also hosts most of the domains. end result... slow net...
~~~~
~~~~

If the internet is busy in America from 9pm to 1am (our time), why does our server which is presumably based in the uk, try to route the data through the USA at that time instead of using a better and quicker more local route?
(This post was last modified: 17-05-2011 11:23 by TheWatcher.)
17-05-2011 11:19
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

(17-05-2011 11:19 )TheWatcher Wrote:  If the internet is busy in America from 9pm to 1am (our time), why does our server which is presumably based in the uk, try to route the data through the USA at that time instead of using a better and quicker more local route?

Unless they've since changed, I believe the servers for this forum are based in Texas.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
17-05-2011 12:11
admin. Offline
Administrator

(17-05-2011 12:11 )skateguy Wrote:  I believe the servers for this forum are based in Texas.

Yes, still in Texas.
17-05-2011 12:33

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles